Aurora 0.5b Released!
End of January we gave you a preview of features to come for Aurora 0.5b. We've all been pretty busy, but managed to get it done.
Aurora 0.5b implements the following new features:
- Content search
- Quick Views
ConnectX support is back (dll not included). You can once again load your games over the network through an SMB share.
Known Issue: Some network setups might cause long wait times (1 or 2 min.) when initialising ConnectX after cold boot or connection loss.
This can result in one or more of the following issues:
- Games on a ConnectX path will not be available until ConnectX is initialised;
- Filemanager will not show ConnectX path until ConnectX is initialised;
- The launch DVD button is disabled until ConnectX is initialised;
- Launching any title before ConnectX is fully loaded will wait on the last part of the progress bar until ConnectX is initialised;
- Other unexpected wait times (they will feel like freezes, but after the ConnectX is initialised, Aurora will continue as normal).
Please report these issues on our forums on RMS with as much information as possible.
Pressing X on CoverFlow will show the Browse window, in which you can search for titles by pressing X again.
The search results will be reflected on the CoverFlow view as well, until cleared in the Browse window.
Our biggest addition to this release is Quick Views. We know some of you have been asking to bring back the tabs from Freestyle 3,
however since the first releases of Aurora we've had our own ideas of how to combine multiple filters and sort orders into one view,
allowing for a tabs like feature, that would be fully customizable.
Due to the magnitude of the changes needed for this feature, it has taken us a few releases to actually implement it, but it is here today, in 0.5b.
A Quick View consists of an icon, a name, some filters and operators, and a sort order. On the main screen RB and LB will switch Quick Views.
We have added a few predefined Quick Views and icons for your convenience. These can be editted or removed (all except for 'Show All').
The order of the Quick View list can be changed, and a default can be set. The default will be used when Aurora starts.
- (Updated) Localization to use positional parameters
- (Updated) FTP Server class to support new FTP functionality ( SITE REVISION and SITE INITIATESCAN )
- (Fixed) Skin Glitch in the Saved Game Scene by double tapping (A) button too fast
- (Updated) Read Access permissions on debug.log
- (Added) Named Content items in file manager
- (Fixed) Crash when selecting Title Update Device
- (Updated) Emulator Launch Data to use 64 byte file names instead of 40 byte
- (Fixed) Launching Kinect Games from Aurora causing black screen
- (Added) FileExists function to the FileSystem LUA Library
- (Added) AddFunction method to the Lua Virtual Machine allowing dynamically created functions to become available when called
- (Updated) Wallpaper Shader to use a dyanamically generated noise texture – fixes black lines when overscan is set
- (Updated) Game Content Manager to use new Session variables instead of user locked filter settings
- (Fixed) Issue where GameData would not delete when deleting a scan path
- (Fixed) Issue where deleting a scan path will delete content items from the database in other scan paths under certain conditions
- (Updated) Content Manager to pull date first from MarketplaceXML in the event it's missing from OfferXML with release date validation
- (Fixed) Save game dialog allowing you delete when you shouldnt be able to
- (Updated) Strings to remove double space after punctuation
- (Fixed) Issue where scan would happen right after editing a scan path- and then ask to reboot while scan is occurring.
- (Update) Content Callback to use a priority queue with FIFO processing to allow certain messages higher priority
- (Added) New PluginManager class to support more plugin information in the future
- (Added) Ability to search using the quick browse dialog. Supports string matching and pattern matching.
- (Changed) Quick Browse button to Browse in Aurora_Main.xur
- (Swapped) Toggle Favorite and Search buttons in Browser
- (Updated) Browser to show solid (X) when search filter is active
- (Added) Quick View system including configurators and selectors
- (Added) ConnectX Settings Framework
- (Updated) Loading process to load DLLs faster
- (Fixed) Issue where NXE Installed games will not filtered as correctly as an Xbox 360 game
- (Added) An Easter Egg for fun times
- (Updated) NTP to use sendto instead of send- hopefully resulting in a more reliable direct connection
- (Added) Additional status settings, including option for displaying quick view
- (Updated) Theme Settings & Filter/Sort Settings to utilize new TextField XUI object
- (Removed) ShowIdleStatus setting
- (Added) IdleStatus setting
- (Added) Support for Interlaced PNG images in the asset extractor (fixes some game icons)
- (Updated) DashLaunch display text to be "Dashlaunch" instead of "Dash Launch"
- (Updated) Virtual Path subtitle to have caption "Virtual Path" to distinguish it from the Path subtitle
- (Fixed) Message box issue in Saved Game Scene
- (Added) Some loading log messages to plugin loading
- (Added) ConnectX Filters and Added "Hide ConnectX" filter
- (Fixed) Livestrong issue with resuming asset downloads
- (Fixed) Download missing assets bug
- (Fixed) Focus Loss Issue when deleting items from the GameContent List
- (Fixed) Download Missing Asset bug when cover json is valid, but empty
- (Updated) NameFilter to use proper name "NameFilter"
- (Added) Skin Animation setting to Skin settings
- (Updated) Xbox360 Executable to properly rule out title dlls when determining if a game is a title
- (Fixed) Issue with icon not showing up correctly for launch able games
- (Fixed) Skin Animation issue for default skin
- (Fixed) Fixed launching from root of a device
- (Updated) Skin Meta to point to new site
- English – Default Language
- German – Translated by Nachtgarm
- French – Translated by Nord Sud Team
- Spanish – Translated by Gromber
- Italian – Translated by MatteIta
- Portuguese – Translated by SpkLeader
- Polish – Translated by Przemyslaw Kolodziejczyk
- Swedish – Translated by Sopor
- Turkish – Translated by Bomlife
- Dutch – Translated by Mattie
- Simplified Chinese – Translated by Zesty
- Traditional Chinese – Translated by Zesty
Thank you all for helping us test our new dash replacement and we look forward to bringing you even more functionality in the future.
Special thanks goes to SpkLeader, Swizzy, Trajik, cOz, JPizzle, Blackwolf and Biohazard for their behind the scenes involvement and assistance in testing and preparing this package.
Please post bugs in the support forum, or check out #RealModScene on Efnet for support.
0.5b r1025 Binaries
0.5b r1025 Skin
3.0b r801 Freestyle Plugin
Aurora 0.5b – Release Package.rar
Note: This update is available via the Auto Updater in Aurora.