PDA

View Full Version : Spoofing drives (replacing your 360 drive) *UPDATED*

Teajunkie
27th July 09, 23:51
You cannot spoof drives on the newer dash!

I get pm's asking me how to spoof a benq as liteon and how to spoof liteon as samsung so heres a small easy to follow tut. :D

Q: What is spoofing ?
A: Spoofing a drive is a way of fooling your xbox to think it has the original drive thus reducing your chances of being banned from xbox live.

Q: why do i need to spoof it ?
A: microsoft knows what drive is in your console, so if it reports a benq when you should have a liteon you get a BAN baby.
so by reporting as a liteon even if it is a benq M$ will never know! (we hope)

Here is a quick video tut. spoofing video tut (http://www.screentoaster.com/watch/stVEtQSkVIR1xfQl1cWlNcUl9U)

So you want to spoof your new drive: in this tut we will spoof a Liteon as a Benq.

http://team-xecuter.com/ck3/images/hitachi/7X_1.jpg

1. Dump your original drive using jungleflasher and save your firmware as one of the following.
Benq = benofw.bin
Liteon = litofw.bin
Samsung = samofw.bin
Hitachi = hitofw.bin

2. Open jungleflasher (if not open already) we click the "Open source firmware" button

http://img686.imageshack.us/img686/4217/38386077.png

2. select your drives firmware, we will click our benofw.bin as we have a Benq drive as our original.

http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/7751/15035007.png

When an auto load message appears click "NO"

http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/1663/71607892.png

3. Click "Open target firmware" and select the new drives ixtreme firmware. We are selecting ix16-liteon.bin as our new replacement drive is a liteon.

http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/6/76586935.png

http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/1246/20149432.png

4. Now we click "Spoof source to target"

http://img691.imageshack.us/img691/5571/65289949.png

We can see the new key saved across and also the benq serial information etc.

http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/9708/70244098.png

5. Now save the new spoofed firmware as xxx-cfw.bin (ours is lit-cfw.bin)

http://img691.imageshack.us/img691/9113/21607630.png

We can now flash this to our new drive using the MTK FLASH 32 tab
OR
using any preffered flashing tool.

If you have a liteon and you are replacing it with a benq you open your litofw.bin and open ix16-benq.bin
If you have a hitachi and you are replacing it with a samsung you open your hitofw.bin and open ix16-sam.bin
So on and so on.......

Ricey155
30th July 09, 11:24
good tut

i did my using the manual spoofing, when i switched my lads from the old hitachi to my slightly newer samsung

enter key select what drive your flashing from / to and does it all for ya

keep it coming TJ

Teajunkie
14th August 09, 00:00
I have created a quick video tut if it's any good let me know i'll make some more.
spoofing video tut (http://www.screentoaster.com/watch/stVEtQSkVIR1xfQl1cWlNcUl9U)

Dany24
14th November 09, 00:32
thanks for the video... one question. So i can spoof my Lite-On iXtreme 1.6 with the iXtreme 1.61 BenQ?? I load the "Dummy.bin" (Lite-on's original dump file that I save before) as source and the "ix161-benq.bin" as target then I click on the Spoof source to target button. When that's done, i simply write the newly created hacked firmware back to my Lite-on and i can play all the new Wave 4 games??

What are the risks about a ban with this method, instead of waiting for the new iXtreme 1.61 for Lite-on??? And finally, about the writing, i follow the Lite-on steps or the Benq??

If i understood correctly, we follow the steps of how to flash a Lite-on drive (HW model 74850C) from A to Z, the only difference is, I say "No" when jungleflasher asks about loading the ixtreme firmware and instead I load the other drive's ixtreme firmware file (benq in this case) and spoof it??

I don't wanna mess my 360 up or get a ban, so I wanna be sure about all this :)

Daniel

Martin3912
14th November 09, 15:27
thanks very helpful

sawest
15th November 09, 14:15
Hi teajunkie,

Is it posible to just spoof the data to stock fw, i.e not use the IXtreme.

I am trying to repalce a faulty lite-on drive and have hit a brick wall beyond getting the three bin files off the Liteon.

I dont want the console to play backups, just repalce a Liteon that has stopped reading discs with a working drive (I have already tried replacing the laser, but to no avail).

I have chosen a Hitachi 78FK as the donor, but have other makes at my disposal if they are easier to flash/spoof!

Thanks in advance.

Simon.

Goldensavage
15th November 09, 14:30
The benq is quite easy to do. And the Stock firmware is available, Here is a link to it

http://www.4shared.com/file/151826539/cacb16de/benqstockkeyless.html

sawest
15th November 09, 14:47
The benq is quite easy to do. And the Stock firmware is available, Here is a link to it

http://www.4shared.com/file/151826539/cacb16de/benqstockkeyless.html
Hi Goldensavage,

So I dont have to use IX fw at all.

I'll prob go with the Benq on your recommendation, but just to set my very confused mind at rest; could I dump the Hitachi firmware and use that to spoof the data to prior to flashing back to the Hitachi?

Thanks & Essex boys FTW!

Goldensavage
15th November 09, 15:09
When you save the key, the key contains which drive you own and the hash key.

When you load the original Firmware in Jungleflasher it will say which drive it is from.

When you load the keyless Benq Firmware, and press spoof to target on the original, it should copy the key (Ensure this is so) and it should also say in Bold Black Writing that the drive will be spoofed as Hitachi.

Make sure this is so. Before writing to the drive. Although Benq's are the hardest to brick, that is also why i recommend them.

Pade 115 onwards of the Jungleflasher guide available here, gives you an exact guide

To give you an idea of how easy it is, I spoof a broken benq with the key of the box i am doing to ensure the key is correct before erasing the firmware. Every time. It saves buying new drives

http://www.jungleflasher.net/files/JungleFlasher.pdf

sawest
15th November 09, 16:52
Thanks for all your help Goldensavage,

BenQ is now successfully in place of Lite-on and working great, original (non-modded) fw used from ur link.

Thanks again!

Simon.

jamieewart
17th November 09, 10:25
Hi

I have 2 systems one with a Samsung MS28 (ix1.61) which has been banned and one with a liteon (ix 1.6) not banned as yet.

I was thinking of spoofing the liteon dirve details onto the samsung ms28 with stock firmware this would give me one system with a stock firmware all be it using a spoofed drive (samsung spoofed as liteon) would this allow me to use my liteon system which has not been banned on live?

I have a copy of my original Samsung Firmware and if I ever need to recover it I can.

If I do this and then over write the litone firmware will I be able to recover the Liteone drive from the files that JF Creates?

Thanks for all your help.

Jamie

Zhenya
17th November 09, 16:43
Ohh man, I've been looking for this for while. Thanx

Myi27
23rd November 09, 19:02
I have a quick question about replacing a Liteon with a Benq. I have never done a full flash before as I just got my CK3 on the weekend. I managed to hook up my Benq drive and pull the firmware from it with no problem.
I just came across this guide which will be extremely helpful but I was wondering about getting the information from the Liteon drive. Currently it has ixtreme 1.51 on it from early this year. Will I need to use the CK3 probe in order to get the information for the spoof or should I just follow the Liteon guide for getting the keys?
Thanks in advance.

PS. All of the websites that give links to guides on how to use the CK3 Kit all go to team-xecuter.com/ck3/ which does not exist. I managed to get the key for the Benq drive by guessing how to connect everything.

Goldensavage
23rd November 09, 19:20
If your Lite-On has the 1.51 firmware already on it then no you do not need the probe.

Just open the tray half way using the ck3 and use the dummy from Ixtreme button in JungleFlasher, This retrieves your key.

You only need the probe the first time.

A full guide is available in the Jungleflasher guide

www.jungleflasher.net (downloads section)

Zee33
26th November 09, 20:40
Ok Here goes , I have a question .

I have 2 drives , a Lite-on flashed with 1.6 and a Benq with 1.6 . As to the frequent banns I am wondering about what I can do . I noticed that from this thread that I can flash the Benq back to the original firmware and use the lite-on key . I also have in my possession a NME 2.0 chip . Would I be better off going back to the orig Beng fw and using the chip ? The box has never been used on xbox live .

samerali2
29th November 09, 23:46
AT LAST... something I look for flashing is found :p

!. Q... I am guessing that its just as fine to load a dummy "from my original b4 getting fried drive" lite-on
and "open target firmware" and select a lite-on repack!!...

If I got this right, then its just this:
http://www.screentoaster.com/watch/stVEtQSkVIR1xfQl1cWlNcUl9U/spoofing_drives

then:
maybe this tut to flash!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-WLe_8EPHIperfect tutorial... although maybe not for my case :(

-------------------------------------------------
I think its like this :/ only I am not suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure :(

http://h.imagehost.org/0864/spoof_or_not.jpg

magicmmm
6th March 10, 03:33
Hi there

I am trying to spoof BenQ as Liteon 74850c using LiteOn_iXtreme_v1.61_repack & JungleFlasher 0.1.71 Beta

I did all the five steps mentioned

loaded source firmware
loaded target 1.61 for liteon 74850c
hit spoof source to target [I get in bold Spoofed As: PBDS VAD6038-64930C]
I then click on MTK Flash32 Tab and click on "Lite-On Erase" button

I get the following error

=================================================
The Target f/w in does not appear to match the attached drive
This is based on a comparison of the drive barcode
Please make sure you have done DVDKey32

Could anyone please help me with this

Many thanks for Team Jungle & Team Xecuter for all their great efforts

Martin3912
6th March 10, 03:38
try to just write with out lite on erase

magicmmm
6th March 10, 04:19
I tried it & now i get

Drive returns invalid status 0x50
?

magicmmm
6th March 10, 07:19
Alright. I managed to get it working

I read the JF tutorial & nothing is in there that says just Ignore the following message:

The Target f/w in does not appear to match the attached drive
This is based on a comparison of the drive barcode
Please make sure you have done DVDKey32

So I completely ignored it, then hit Lite-on erase the second time, power cycle the drive, my drive went into Vendor mode successfully , flashed with 1.61 & send Vendor Outra.

Tested 5 games so far & all is good. :)

I still do not know what is the significance of above message? if any of the TJ pros can shed light that would be very handy

Many thanks:)

oryon
13th March 10, 02:50
I just bought a new elite with the liteon 93450c. Could I get an easier drive to flash and spoof it without pullig the firmware off of this drive, by downloading the original or something or is each individual drive different. I'm having trouble getting my drive into vendor mode and I don't know anywhere in the states to send my drive to get flashed. Thanks.

BGAMods
13th March 10, 02:52
you still need to dump the firmware off your original drive mate cause it contains your dvd key and without this then your 360 will be a dvd player.

budking314
2nd April 10, 07:22
I have a new question? I had to replace my Liteon 7 with LT. I found another Liteon 7 drive, and when I went to flash to new drive it game me a error. Bar code does not match current drive. Everything Else went fine. My question did it rewrite the bar code and is it still safe for live???

Teajunkie
2nd April 10, 11:45
The firmware dumped from your old drive will overwrite the new drives firmware so you are fine ;)

Frunet
7th June 10, 17:18
I would like to clarify a couple of things in terms of replacing a faulty Lite-On 74850C dated August 2008.

My key concern is that since it is used almost exclusively with Live I do not wish to be banned by MS.

I have found an identical drive with identical manufacture date. I assume that I could get the FW from the faulty drive and write it to the replacement.

If this is the case , and by use of JF v0.1.74 what Xecuter HW do I need? I have an NForce 550 SATA (4 ports) built into my mobo, and I can see that the CK3 is essential but am confused about which CK probe and other HW is also required. This confusion is exacerbated by all the different tuts and information here, information on the CK3.co.uk website, and that contained in the jftut1.3.8.pdf

Alternatively, could I not simply swap the DVD drive controller cards (soldering is no problem)?

Additionally I see in this thread information suggesting that a BenQ plus downloadable FW can be spoofed to replicate any drive.

Basically my needs are thus:
I do not wish to use custom firmware and need to know what Xecutor hardware will give me the flexibility to replace any DVD drive with original firmware to get a 360 back online without being susceptible to a ban.

BraveH43
7th June 10, 17:40
dependant whats wrong with your old drive it may be easier to swap the PCBs inside the drives than mess with fw

Xmods
7th June 10, 18:21
what is actually wrong with the drive? if you're getting open tray errors then it's as simple as replacing the laser

Frunet
7th June 10, 23:14
If by "open tray error" you mean the disk cannot be read and the screen displays "Open Tray" then yes that is what is wrong.

I must confess that I haven't changed lasers on optical drives for many many years. Way back then they were on expensive hi-fi CD players and required focussing via circuit manipulation and wave tuning on an oscilloscope.

I don't have that equipment any more and had ruled out that concept. If however it is now a simple process please elaborate.

modmonster
7th June 10, 23:22
Teajunkie has a great tutorial on pot tweaking which can be done very easily using a multimeter.
http://team-xecuter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49025
bottom of the page from that link (pot calibration)

This is kinda going off topic a little now, so if you want to talk lasers rather than spoofing, youd be better off posting on a diferent thread or starting a new one in the 360 Firmware section

Xmods
8th June 10, 00:35
Frunet (http://www.team-xecuter.com/forums/member.php?u=164111) it's extremely simple now u need a small phillps screw driver and might need to desolder 1 point on the laser unless you get the place were u buy it to remove it for you

gelboy
11th June 10, 00:07
i sort of have a problem i spoofed an hitachi as a samsung sucesfully but i didnt put ixtreme on it i read thru the guides and it tells me to go back to stock but the drives having none of it is there anyway i can get ixtreme firmware onto the hitatchi im at the stage where i pull my hair out

Frunet
12th June 10, 00:52
Sorry this is off topic. Just a quick forum thankyou for all the advice. The Lite-On trimmers don't match any in the tuts, but elimination by measurement identified the correct pot and terminals. I tweaked the trimmer to 3.5kΩ on the laser and all is well! That's what I like, a free fix.
That was soooo much easier than all the CD lasers I used to re-focus :)

jadederea
14th July 10, 07:40
Good day all. I have a few simple questions that most people think is common sense but with me being nervous I would rather look like an idiot for asking a question then look like an idiot for a dead box.

SCENARIO: New 360. The new liteon was recently replaced with a BenQ. The liteon firmware/key was spoofed and flashed to the BenQ.

Since the BenQ just had LT 1.2 released:

1. Do I flash the drive with the BenQ LT 1.2 since it is BenQ hardware OR do I only flash it with LiteOn firmware when it is updated to LT 1.2?

2. How do I 'unlock' the BenQ into vendor mode now that it has LiteOn spoofed firmware?

3. Do I manually spoof each time somehow when it has updates? The ORIGINAL spoofing made sense to me...but now that I am working with a spoofed drive, I just need a simple direct instruction saying what I do now for updates.

Thank you kindly for your time.

mrbiggzz79
6th August 10, 21:54
hey fam . lil help please. i have two hitachi's both are freakin out so i bought two new drives whats are the steps for spoofin them. the reason why i got new drive was one isn't ejectin or readin disk and the other isn't readin disks. thank to every one in advance. an am glad to be here

Marcus555
4th October 10, 00:59
I am trying to find the cheapest and easiest way to mod my xbox. I used to have a samsung ms28 drive that was modded with xtreme firmware. My xbox got RROD and i am trying to mod my lite on xbox but dont really wanna buy all the extra hardware needed for 74850c. So i was thinking of spoofing my samsung drive to look like my lite on drive but still be able to play backups. I know it can be done but the only part i am not a 100% on is that if i can play backups after i spoof it. Thanks for any help!

Marcus

rocket8080
4th October 10, 01:12
After spoofing the drive you will still be able to play backups, although your slightly more at risk on xbox live with a spoofed drive.

BGAMods
4th October 10, 01:46
thats assuming youve dumped the dvd key off your liteon to begin with but then you would still need the extra hardware to do that.

Marcus555
4th October 10, 02:04
so get the key off i still need the extra hardware so ethier way i go if i choose to mod the lite on drive or if i decide to spoof my samsung drive im still gonna need the extra hardware for the job?

ballhwk2001
4th October 10, 02:10
so get the key off i still need the extra hardware so ethier way i go if i choose to mod the lite on drive or if i decide to spoof my samsung drive im still gonna need the extra hardware for the job?
yeah brother, still need the hardware in order to dump your key from a lite on.

Marcus555
4th October 10, 02:20
dont know if this against forum rules or not but does anyone offer services so i dont have to buy these tools? Money is a huge issue right now and i miss playing my modded xbox

marshamods
4th October 10, 02:37
I do it for people in the US

Marcus555
4th October 10, 02:42
i sent you a private message to further discuss this

Computron
3rd November 10, 02:44
I am receiving conflicting conflicting reports on these forums from people saying that spoofing will get you banned from live, which is inconsistent with the admin teajunkie's original post.

Has anyone done this with a live enabled console and did it work?

If so, what dvd drive models did you use? I am trying to spoof a "Hitachi GDR-3120L" into looking like my mechanically broken "Benq VAD6038." Are these specific models problematic when it coms to flashing or modding?

I do not necessarily want to have a drive for playing burned ISOs, but i MUST have it be able to play retail games on live.

marshamods
3rd November 10, 02:55
this is a year old tut, thus being out of date. Spoofing=ban as of 11/2/2010

Computron
3rd November 10, 04:02
As of today? I was reading even earlier, something is awry. Has there been a recent ban wave? Source?

ajax11124
5th November 10, 04:34
Since the dashboard update you get banned for spoofing, but does this happen even if you spoof a liteon as another liteon? like if i have a broken liteon drive, can i put another liteon in and spoof with the original liteons key? or does this still get caught?

TheBugster
21st November 10, 16:45
Guys - I could really do with some help. I've had a fat xbox for the past few yrs working v happily till the lovely RROD. It has a Hitachi drive with 1.51 on it (I think) - I haven't done anything with it for ages as all games etc have worked with it - even researching the latest fw releases from C4eva

So I've just bought a slim - and waiting in anticpation for the LT+ to come out for that. It looks like it is going to be a while so looking into the possibility of using the old Hitachi in my new slim (I don't care about Live). From what I can tell, the Hitachi doesn't have any real problems with AP2.5 - and seems to work pretty well?

My question is - is it worth replacing (temporarily) my slim DVD with my old Hitachi as I have loads of games I want to play since I had the annoying RROD prob with my old xbox. If it is worth doing, what is the best way of moving it!! Do I need to spoof etc?

Cheers all

Stuntfly02
29th November 10, 05:11
How do you plan to get the key off the slim drive?

imparable08
30th November 10, 08:00
Use tarablinda program to get your dvd key inf from your xbox 360 slim it has to have 9504 fw version to work then spoof with jf use a lite on drive & lt+ i did it and been playing online xbox live for 3 days now and not banned AND I BEEN PLAYING AP 2.5 GAMES AND I BEEN DOING UPDATES TOO

touchmybuttox
26th January 11, 00:07
I am at ends wit with why my benq is not playing back ups after spoofing from my Sammy.

Here's the story...

Sammy went dead so I pulled a benq from a dead xbox. I have the original key / FW on my sammy. I used JF 1.78b. Unlock BENQ, Device Intro ID, Read and was prompted to Firmware Tool.
I then opened up source as the sammy OFW and selected the LT.Plus 1.1 as target. I spoofed and now target shows spoofed as sammy with it's keys.
I go to MTK and write, everything is verified ok, and I click Outro.

Once I plug everything in, I put in several burned games and it won't read. It just says, open tray after 30 sec. The weirdest thing is that it will play retail games.

I tried to run JF several times and it now reads my spoofed FW and shows the FW as LT PLUS 1.1 and spoofed as sammy.

Why won't it play back ups?

Thanks in advance for any knowledge that can get me through this.

DaMacFunkin
26th January 11, 09:22
Lasers dying in the benq, only thing it can be if it plays retails fine.

NamRedruM0016
30th January 11, 06:26
i know this is a really old post but.... if i replace a benQ (whitch came with my elite) wtih a Samsung (which i got out of anothe 360) using this method will i be banned cuz i deff dont want that.

thanks for any help

NamRedruM0016
1st February 11, 12:51
Any help!!!!!!!!!!!!! Plz.......

talby71
1st February 11, 12:55
playing ap2.5 games wont work for a start, and if used on xbox live will be detected
these posts are everywhere
no spoofing with different drives
try looking at more recent posts that involve ap2.5

Numaholic
1st February 11, 13:01
Yep, you're guaranteed a ban.:(

NeroDragon12
3rd February 11, 10:03
Is it possible to recover a bricked samsung drive without orig.bin using anyone's stock firmware to flash to my other 360 using a liteon key and spoofing the drive?

NeroDragon12
3rd February 11, 10:06
Here's the setup for better understanding:

1.Liteon got key and orig.bin
2.Samsung ms28 no key or orig.bin

DaMacFunkin
3rd February 11, 11:59
Define bricked? does it power up, eject and attempt to read a disk? or is it burned out? or badly flashed? If you can get the drive into vendor mode then you can just load Samsung LT firmware, paste your key and spoof to lite-on and flash. Note you wont be able to play ap25 protected games with this setup, if you need to play ap25 games you will need a drive other than a samsung... save yourself some messing and just get another Lite-on.

CALIxCONNECT
1st March 11, 23:21
i have an e74 with a BENQ.. my Friends Samsung wont load Black ops but others will. Since its an original drive in my friends there is no way to detect AP, so im not worried about getting flagged as i have one that i use everyday online that was a hitachi that was replaced with a BENQ. the samsung has LT on it already.. do i load to source to get the key for my samsung? im kinda lost on how to spoof it over

xboxmedic999
1st March 11, 23:30
i have an e74 with a BENQ.. my Friends Samsung wont load Black ops but others will. Since its an original drive in my friends there is no way to detect AP, so im not worried about getting flagged as i have one that i use everyday online that was a hitachi that was replaced with a BENQ. the samsung has LT on it already.. do i load to source to get the key for my samsung? im kinda lost on how to spoof it over

IF YOU READ JUNGLEFLASHER GUIDE YOU BEABLE TO UNDERSTAND HOW TO SPOOF KEYS!

but in simple terms you need the key from your original drive and manually spoof button the key.bin file from original drive over to the donor drive aswell as spoof what drive version.

CALIxCONNECT
2nd March 11, 01:08
ive read it but since my setup is a little different and everyone has something different to say about there opinions i wanted check to make sure before i tried it and fxcked it up. no need to be an ass i DONT need caps espically from someone who hasnt been here that long:)

bandit123
2nd March 11, 02:47
superb tut followed it whilst spoofing my first 4x drives this made it so simple thanks alot :)

Kluak
4th April 11, 15:40
Can you still get banned for spoofing with the new firmware?

I haven't been keeping up to date on the community lately. I've had a lot going on. So I am sorry for the stupid question.

Jaz321
4th April 11, 16:05
Can you still get banned for spoofing with the new firmware?

I haven't been keeping up to date on the community lately. I've had a lot going on. So I am sorry for the stupid question.

Ms can now tell if u have a spoofed drive, plus you cant play ap 2.5 games on spoofed drives

samlen27
4th April 11, 16:17
mines a benq spoofed as liteon 7 i havent been banned yet and can play all ap2.5 games

Ghar4416
4th April 11, 16:23
I have 2 that came originally with hitachi Spoofed benq and one got banned the other I haven't tested on live but I can play ap2.5 games on both

guy_haron
4th April 11, 16:24
Yeah ignore that. But when the ban wave comes you'll feel it as the kinect dashboard and above can detect spoofing.
However, You'll always be able to play ap2.5 games offline.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Jaz321
4th April 11, 16:34
Yeah ignore that. But when the ban wave comes you'll feel it as the kinect dashboard and above can detect spoofing.
However, You'll always be able to play ap2.5 games offline.

I had a sammy spoofed as a liteon an it wouldnt boot ap2.5 games

guy_haron
4th April 11, 16:42
I had a sammy spoofed as a liteon an it wouldnt boot ap2.5 games

Well have a read at the Ap2.5 FAQ that's a known problem with sammys spoofed as liteons...

Phizzyy
10th April 11, 06:06
I have a benq drive, but I am getting the open tray error. So basically, I have 2 questions

1. Will replacing the drive with a new one fix the open tray error?
2. If so, I want to replace my benq with another benq (because benqs are the best). Do I need to spoof it, or since its the same type is there no need to spoof?

Demonchild
10th April 11, 06:12
I have a benq drive, but I am getting the open tray error. So basically, I have 2 questions

1. Will replacing the drive with a new one fix the open tray error?
2. If so, I want to replace my benq with another benq (because benqs are the best). Do I need to spoof it, or since its the same type is there no need to spoof?

Yes, you can replace the drive entirely. However, you will have to flash the firmware with the DVD key for your Xbox to the new drive.

keezykee
10th April 11, 06:24
my xbox 360 benq tray keeps on opening and closing by itself even while playing a game. it has pretty much become usless now unless i am playing downloaded games from xbox live. so i was wondering if replacing the drive would solve the problom. thanks

360driveflashing
10th April 11, 16:33
my xbox 360 benq tray keeps on opening and closing by itself even while playing a game. it has pretty much become usless now unless i am playing downloaded games from xbox live. so i was wondering if replacing the drive would solve the problom. thanks

Yeah it would. Get a working BenQ drive, retrieve the key off your old drive and spoof it over to the working BenQ drive.

Sorted.

PS: Can get BenQ drive's from the likes of ebay or other authorised sellers such as modtraders.

keezykee
10th April 11, 19:42
so i dont need to remove the pcb board from the old drive? thanks for the reply

xboxmedic999
10th April 11, 19:48
no need to remove old pcb just read the drive data from old drive and write to new drive.

keezykee
10th April 11, 20:21
thanks a bunch much apreiciated. very fast responses. team-xecuter forums rock!

Phizzyy
11th April 11, 04:12
Yes, you can replace the drive entirely. However, you will have to flash the firmware with the DVD key for your Xbox to the new drive.

So I load my normal benq firmware as a source. Then I load the new benq firmware as a target, and just spoof the keys?

Jaz321
11th April 11, 04:15
So I load my normal benq firmware as a source. Then I load the new benq firmware as a target, and just spoof the keys?

If you have it saved in the firmware folder then jf should give you a message asking if you want to autoload it

playguy
15th April 11, 03:06
Hi there. I have a banned Xbox 360 with a dead LiteOn drive. I completely screwed up a pot adjustment proceedment, now the tray is always 'open'. I read that the spoofing is needed if I wanted the xbox to remain Live safe. That isn't needed for me. Do I still have to spoof it, or can I just plug it in?

Thanks

Jaz321
15th April 11, 04:39
Hi there. I have a banned Xbox 360 with a dead LiteOn drive. I completely screwed up a pot adjustment proceedment, now the tray is always 'open'. I read that the spoofing is needed if I wanted the xbox to remain Live safe. That isn't needed for me. Do I still have to spoof it, or can I just plug it in?

Thanks

Spoofing wont work with future dasboards so either fix that drive or get a replacement liteon drive

nosherfj
30th April 11, 06:06
i recently stupidly plugged in the ck3lite power cable wrong way up to my 838450v2 liteon drive and think its knackered. Ive purchased a liteon 74850 replacement drive from ebay but am confused about the process of flashing it. I have my dummy.bin key file so no probs there.

do i flash this drive with 74850 or 838450v2 LT+ cfw (and my key) ? Will my xbox know its a 74850 if i flash it 838450v2?
does it matter which fw i flash?

Fisticuffs
30th April 11, 06:18
838450v2 LT+ cfw (and your key)

Grigoris
3rd May 11, 08:39
Can i spoof one hitacho 0047 with one benq drive?

I can run all games even that with ap25ss if i flash the benq with lt+ 1.1 and the key of the hitachi 0047 drive?

Can i spoof any liteon 83850c ver2 or 93450c with one 74850c drive? Is that safe for xbox live?
If it isn't where i can buy liteon 83850c ver2 or 93450c drives?

C43Mi57
3rd May 11, 09:16
Can i spoof one hitacho 0047 with one benq drive?

No

I can run all games even that with ap25ss if i flash the benq with lt+ 1.1 and the key of the hitachi 0047 drive?

NO

Can i spoof any liteon 83850c ver2 or 93450c with one 74850c drive? Is that safe for xbox live?
If it isn't where i can buy liteon 83850c ver2 or 93450c drives?

Actually spoofing is not safe at all you can replace any lite on with any version of lite on

Bigleg
3rd May 11, 13:51
OK Well I purchased a premodded 360 slim a while back, when LT+ for 9504 came out I decided to upgrade my drive myself, so I purchaced a 9504, a CK Lite and Probe 3 (thanks team Xecuter, great quality, easy to use products) Now I have dumped the DG 16D2S - fw 9345. (liteon phat) that was in my box. Using probe 3 and have saved the Dummy.bin and a Key.bin.

This is where I have now hit the wall, I have tried many different ways but I can't for the life of me get Jungle flasher to flash my new 9504 with LT+ using my key from the phat. It keeps wanting to spoof my 9504 as a 9345, which obviously I don't want to do (or do I???) but even if I do agree to that then when I write I get...

Restore Verify Failed !
Drive is a Slim Lite-On..

Where do I go from here?

Thanks in advance

rdubbs007
3rd May 11, 13:57
OK Well I purchased a premodded 360 slim a while back, when LT+ for 9504 came out I decided to upgrade my drive myself, so I purchaced a 9504, a CK Lite and Probe 3 (thanks team Xecuter, great quality, easy to use products) Now I have dumped the DG 16D2S - fw 9345. (liteon phat) that was in my box. Using probe 3 and have saved the Dummy.bin and a Key.bin.

This is where I have now hit the wall, I have tried many different ways but I can't for the life of me get Jungle flasher to flash my new 9504 with LT+ using my key from the phat. It keeps wanting to spoof my 9504 as a 9345, which obviously I don't want to do (or do I???) but even if I do agree to that then when I write I get...

Restore Verify Failed !

Where do I go from here?

Thanks in advance

You need to use a 9504 OFW file with your key spoofed in as your OFW, you cannot use the dump from the 93450. You could also use a dummy.bin from a 9504, but you do not have the required information to build one. Easiest thing to do would be to get one of your friends to give you a dump of their 9504 OFW and you can put your key in and then use that as the source. You will not find a 9504 OFW anywhere on the internet as it is not a publicly released thing.

Bigleg
3rd May 11, 14:18
Well I dumped the fw from the 9504 when I first got it, it read as 'stock' fw. will this do me? and if so how do i go about getting the key in from there?

rdubbs007
3rd May 11, 14:31
If it is the complete 9504 OFW (stock) bin then you can use that as the source.

Bigleg
3rd May 11, 14:40
Yes, thanks but how do I get the key from the other dive into it? the only way i can see to load a key.bin is to press the manual spoof button, but then it goes wrong as I don't want to spoof it.

rdubbs007
3rd May 11, 14:41
manual spoof, load key.bin (or type the key in) and save

Bigleg
3rd May 11, 14:50
When I open Manual spoofing and enter the key, press 'check' then OK then Save to file on the 'Firmware Tool 32' tab, to check it I then open it as source but it reverts back to the 9504's original, why?

If I open the OFW as source, auto load LT+ then press manual spoof and enter the key, when I go to flash it all seems to be working until the end, then I get the

Restore Verify Failed !

If I then read the drive the key comes back as lots of zeros

rdubbs007
3rd May 11, 14:54
You have to load the OFW as target, manually spoof the key, and save...

Bigleg
3rd May 11, 15:08
This is where something isn't happening for me.

1. Load JF
2. Open OFW as target
3. Enter key.. Check.. OK

In the log window at the bottom, it says...

Firmware is: Stock
DVD Key copied to target
ID strings already match

right, one of 2 things happen here, if a go to 'save to file' its saves but if i then open it as source the key has reverted to the old one.

or

if I try to write the drive I get the error as previously mentioned

Also if I right click in the target area 'Save Dummy' is disabled

rdubbs007
3rd May 11, 15:12
Did you dump your OFW with Tarablinda?

Bigleg
3rd May 11, 15:15
No JF

Fisticuffs
3rd May 11, 15:16
Load you f/m as source, Load the OFW as target, Spoof Source to target, Save the file, Name its something different like cfw1, Then load your new cfw1, As source and the LT+ as target, Spoof again then write this one

Bigleg
3rd May 11, 15:21
^ Done what you said but when I load the cfw1 file the DVD key has been changed into zeros?

Fisticuffs
3rd May 11, 16:15
you must have not hit the spoof source as target button in between the source and target windows before you saved cfw1

NVM it would've 777777777777777777777777

did you update to the beta dash??

Try using an older jf maybe 1.62

Grigoris
3rd May 11, 17:51
No

NO

Actually spoofing is not safe at all you can replace any lite on with any version of lite on
If i only flash a benq drive with the hitachi 0047 key WITHOUT spoofing it and simple flash it with ixtreme lt+ 1.1 doesn't work fine the benq drive on that xbox360?

Bigleg
4th May 11, 09:19
Well it 'seems' to be a problem with JF, I can get it to do 2 different errors, both when saving the spoofed target, upon reloading the saved bin as source, I either get zeros as the key or it reverts back to the wrong key (original slim key) Totally stuck, totally pissed of, thanks to those that have tried to help but it seems I have hit a brick wall :( I'll try getting on Efnet later, maybe the JF team can help.

Older versions didn't work because they weren't slim key compatabe

Cheers

Bigleg
4th May 11, 10:56
Anyone recommend a hex editor?

Bigleg
5th May 11, 10:22
Found a solution...

Flashed the 9504 with LT+ using its own DVD key, then injected my key into it using Dos Flash, all works now, thanks guys

Oggy
5th May 11, 10:35
This isn't a problem with JF.

The Slim LiteOn's require the full key sectro, not just the key itself (16 bytes)

Manual Spoofing only "spoofs" the 16 byte key, not the sector, and that simply isn't good enough.

c0das
17th May 11, 23:59
hello i got so prob with my dvd drive i dont have original key and my dvd drive pbc board cant be detected by jc cuz think so she is broken so how i can get my original dvd drive key for replace dvd drive? thank you for help

sick360mods
18th May 11, 00:05
u need the dvd key without it the dvd drive wont play games. the only other option if u cnt get the dvd drive to work is to dump the nand but u can only do this if ur dash is 7371 or lower

c0das
18th May 11, 00:44
so i must jtag my xbox first ?

Jaz321
18th May 11, 11:15
so i must jtag my xbox first ?

Thats the only way it may work or send your original drive into someone on here and see if they can read it

MorningMovement
23rd May 11, 09:17
I had to send my xbox still under warranty away for repair. i am told it will be 4 to 6 weeks. In the mean time I have 2 other xbox. My old one that had the 3 red rings but a working Hitachi DVD Drive. The other is my sister in-laws which has a broken Lite-on DVD Drive. I am new to all this modding stuff and have been searching all over the internet and You Tube Videos for instructions to swap the working drive into the working motherboard. I saw that doing this can get you banned from xbox live. Is this true? I dont want to play back ups I just want a working xbox so I don't go crazy over the next 6 weeks. I also see there is a ton of instructions for doing this. The problem is I can't find any pertaining to my setup. I need a step by step instruction On swapping a "lite on" out and replacing with a Hitachi Drive. I have both drives out and that's as far as I got. Next I need to know what other tools I need to connect the drive to the computer. 2. how to connect the drive to the computer. 3. What software do I need once drive is connected to computer. 4. what do I do with the software. 5. How do I get the info onto the Hitachi Drive. I understand that there are instructions and tutorials for flashing a lot of drives. But I have not seen any that walk through the whole process for my 2 drives. If there is and I missed it please tell me the links. I find pictures or videos very helpful. Thanks.

Fisticuffs
23rd May 11, 09:53
Do you want us to come over there and wipe your ass for you too?? lol j/k :p

http://www.team-xecuter.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=120

http://www.team-xecuter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52147

http://www.team-xecuter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50182

Tools needed
http://www.xconsoles.com/bundle-offers.html

If you have a compatible Sata Chipset you could just get away with a CK3 lite and a Probe3 and Jungleflasher
But I'd read up alot before you try this, Make sure to follow the JungleFlasher Tutorial exactly to the T,
Because you could end up doing more damage than good

Here's another read for you
http://team-xecuter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60922

Heywinslow
4th July 11, 23:02
if im spoofing my lite-on to a hitachi would i need a probe by any chance

iave9504
4th July 11, 23:14
if im spoofing my lite-on to a hitachi would i need a probe by any chance

spoofing is no longer supported as m$ can detect it, if you have an hitachi in your xbox replace it with the same drive or if it is just no longer reading discs you can always just replace the laser ;)

Heywinslow
6th July 11, 00:07
dang really cause i just bought a new hitachi to lol but thanks

Godfall47
21st August 11, 08:06
Need help. Replacing a broken benq drive with a liteon 7485 a friend gave me. Loaded OFW from benq as source, not 100% sure as to which firmware i need to load to target source using the newest firmware release pack. I just want a dumbed down version on how to do this bc im just getting more and more frustrated. Every time ive done it i try to load up an original game and a backup none of which work. It acts like it trys to read but then says open tray. Might be a bad laser but not sure. Any help would be awesome. Thanks!!!!!

Goldensavage
21st August 11, 09:00
Need help. Replacing a broken benq drive with a liteon 7485 a friend gave me. Loaded OFW from benq as source, not 100% sure as to which firmware i need to load to target source using the newest firmware release pack. I just want a dumbed down version on how to do this bc im just getting more and more frustrated. Every time ive done it i try to load up an original game and a backup none of which work. It acts like it trys to read but then says open tray. Might be a bad laser but not sure. Any help would be awesome. Thanks!!!!!

You would need to load the current 02510c firmware if they have the newest dash. But bear in mind, spoofing is no longer supported.

If they had a Benq, why not replace the drive with a Ben, they are cheaper than Lite-on's and then thye would be safe, with no issues

Godfall47
21st August 11, 09:21
Well the liteon (was told by friend it WAS a benq, he was wrong) was free along with the xbox with the bad benq. Last resort will be to buy a new benq. So load the 02510c into target?

Goldensavage
21st August 11, 09:36
Yes, load the target as the 02510c firmware, press spoof to target to transfer the keys and identity,

It will say spoofed as..... But stated already, M$ can detect spoofed drives, so LT+ does not support it. So going on Live will be dicey.

Godfall47
21st August 11, 09:55
Well i did that, im pretty sure i had already done it b4. Just to make sure, after the spoof, go back to Mk32, erase liteon, write, then done. If so then i have already done that and it still doesnt work, so im chalking this up as a bad laser. Let me know if im wrong on my steps above.

Goldensavage
21st August 11, 10:49
Well, the steps seem good, so maybe the laser has got weak.

If your going to replace, you will be better off replacing like for like, As Benq's tend to be a little cheaper, and you'll be as safe as you can be

Godfall47
21st August 11, 19:44
Thats what it looks like im going to be doing. Thanks for the help. Thing was driving me crazy makin me question myself.

choosylobster
7th October 11, 08:32
Thats what it looks like im going to be doing. Thanks for the help. Thing was driving me crazy makin me question myself.
I'm trying to spoof a liteon 7 series with an 8 series is this possible??