PDA

View Full Version : ANSWERED What do I use to power my drive?

The504
29th January 11, 19:29
What would be the easiest way possible to power my drive when using the x360USB Pro and I already have the probe v2. Also I don't want to buy a ck3pro or lite if I don't need it.

Ubergeek
29th January 11, 19:41
You can use any of the CK3 Kits

The504
29th January 11, 21:08
Ok that helps alot! So what would you prefer the lite or pro?

BGAMods
29th January 11, 21:33
i personally use the ck3 cp but the ck3 pro is amazing because of its added usb support for liteon 74850 drives.

The504
29th January 11, 21:57
So the ck3 does all drives?

The504
29th January 11, 22:17
i personally use the ck3 cp but the ck3 pro is amazing because of its added usb support for liteon 74850 drives.

I undersand everything now thanks

Ubergeek
29th January 11, 22:39
So the ck3 does all drives?

help yourself by actually reading the product descriptions

BraveH43
30th January 11, 00:14
What would be the easiest way possible to power my drive when using the x360USB Pro and I already have the probe v2. Also I don't want to buy a ck3pro or lite if I don't need it.

what do you currently use to power drives whilst using probe v2 ?

secgc
30th January 11, 00:36
what do you currently use to power drives whilst using probe v2 ?

THE FORCE ? Power unit, you don not need ! Errrrrrrrrrrrrm

bravolima
8th February 11, 22:55
What about using an old spare xbox that you can use just to power up the drive you're flashing...?

DBTarmac
8th February 11, 23:10

Can I use your Ck3 cp to power my drives...I promise I will send it back when they get released...LOL...Dying to get my hands on one....

EdgyAsHell
9th February 11, 03:12
I noticed that this Xecuter total drive guide has specific power guidelines for each type of drive. It claims that powering on the drive while the data cable is not connected to the motherboard is flagged as a bannable offense. Note that the new 9504 drives seem to require CK3 pro due to added protection.

http://www.team-xecuter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52147

DBTarmac
9th February 11, 03:36
when you do the drive its out of the box. Powering the box without a drive=FLAG not the other way round..

EdgyAsHell
9th February 11, 19:06
I think that's what I said.

Xecuter
9th February 11, 19:08
Note that the new 9504 drives seem to require CK3 pro due to added protection.

Not just the CK3 Pro - you can use any of the CK3 Power Products.

EdgyAsHell
9th February 11, 22:18
Damn! I had originally ordered the CK3 Lite but I changed my order when I saw this guide :(. Thanks for the clarity though!

Ubergeek
9th February 11, 23:45
Damn! I had originally ordered the CK3 Lite but I changed my order when I saw this guide :(. Thanks for the clarity though!

You've lost me ? What wasn't clear ?

This chart should help clarify all your connection options and comparisons against SATA. Note that you have MANY options to power your drive. We understand that most users already have a CK3 Pro or a Blaster CK3 so we do not include this option with the X360USB Pro - why pay more if you already have paid for it in the past ? We will of course include CK3 Power options built into the X360USB on the second version for new customers.

http://www.team-xecuter.com/x360usbpro/x360usb_flowchart.jpg

Rjames
10th February 11, 03:58
Couldnt you just use your xbox ....

Xecuter
10th February 11, 18:10
Couldnt you just use your xbox ....

Answered a gazillion times before - the box then logs that the drive is disconnected.

Also there is zero portability and what about the drives that require serial key dumping like the Liteon 74850.

There is a reason there are products like the CK3.

jonkow
10th February 11, 19:10
So I got 2 old xbox360 with rrod can i not use one of them to boot my 9504 drive when frimware is out or will it flagg the drive then ? Sorry if this is a noob question.

GAM3x0V3R
10th February 11, 19:16
From what i understand its the xbox thats that holds the flag not the drive i may be wrong though.

rdubbs007
10th February 11, 19:21
That is correct.

jonkow
10th February 11, 19:25
So if I understand correct. I can use my xbox with RRoD to boot. so with only a sata connection and windows xp would it be posible to flash an 9504 drive

rdubbs007
10th February 11, 19:28
You should get the X360USB Pro

jonkow
10th February 11, 19:49
ok thx so much. so with that i will be good do i use the x360usb pro to power then or my rrod one. And keep up the good work man ;) dont listen to the impatient people !

rdubbs007
10th February 11, 19:51
Use the X360USB Pro between the sata cable from the drive and the computer and use the junk xbox as power. Honestly you should just get a CK3 as well to power then you won't need a junk xbox for power.

jonkow
10th February 11, 19:55
yeah i know i could do that but saving money is always a good thing not that a dont wanna support the team but i will buy a x360usb pro right away. you do good things for Team Xecuter they will be delighted with you :P ;) tnx

LukeCrouch
10th February 11, 23:48
Why do they actually release a device that needs another one to power it? and its not mentioned in the product details..

As Im new to the scene and I dont have any previous ck3 devices, what is the cheapest option to power my drive?

bravolima
11th February 11, 02:00
@LukeCrouch I was the same and was going to use a console that I will never take on line but I have just ordered the CK3 pro instead to save all the hassle of having an xbox in the way. I can leave it in my PC and it help to support the guys that make it...... go for it and spend some money...

LukeCrouch
11th February 11, 11:47
@LukeCrouch I was the same and was going to use a console that I will never take on line but I have just ordered the CK3 pro instead to save all the hassle of having an xbox in the way. I can leave it in my PC and it help to support the guys that make it...... go for it and spend some money...

Its not about being mean, I dont mind getting another device from TX. I think they are doing really good work.
But why isnt there a simple power connection for the X360 USB? The CK3 Pro has its own features and stuff...

Edit: This will do the job to power the drive (and then connect it via USB360 Pro to my Laptop), right?
http://www.gamefreax.com/de/Xbox-360/Tuning/Xecuter-CK3-Probe-v2.html (http://www.gamefreax.com/de/Xbox-360/Tuning/Xecuter-CK3-Lite.html)