Similar Threads

1. Replies: 160
    Last Post: 27th March 14, 23:25
  2. Liteon Drives - How to Know if MRA Hack is Required
    By Ubergeek in forum Xbox 360 Guides & Tutorials
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 17th June 11, 04:13
  3. [ANSWERED] MAKING THE SWITCH OVER TO TEAM XECUTER... question regarding LITEON 8V2'S AND 9'S
    By Sprinkster in forum Xecuter X360USB PRO
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 29th January 11, 01:39
  4. [ANSWERED] Do you need Xecuter Probe with, to flash LiteOn drives ?
    By artis in forum Xbox 360 Firmware Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 9th June 10, 00:26
  5. Replies: 45
    Last Post: 10th January 10, 04:55
Page 10 of 34 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    Skill Level
    Gaming
    Thanks

Re: Xecuter LT Switch - Installation *UPDATED 1/27/2010*

i didnt manage to put mine in vendor mode... he doesnt go off the x51 mode to the other modes... any help? the lights work perfectly... DVD works perfectly with other dvd drives..

Skill Level
    Gaming
    Thanks

Alright guys , i'm going to share with you something probably will help. I tried lt switch method, Didnt work at all. Instead i tried MRA hack with 22 ohm resistor, didnt work eiter, so i tried with a 18 ohm resistor, and worked perfectly!

IT seems there must be some diferences between drives, thats why some of you are having trouble with xecuter switch probably because of the 2 ohm resistor wich is inside.

Any comments by the guys wich know more of electronics about why this had to be like this?

Thanks

Skill Level
    Modding, Gaming
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,485 Times in 2,775 Posts

LT switch is designed to work in all instances - it has been tested on drives that were sensitive to the different resistor levels. I haven't had a single one fail and many pro installers i speak to often have the same successful results.

In your case it could have been becuase of your multiple attempts to install it messed with the variables or it was simple pure coincidence.

I have said this to everyone - and it will be the same answer every single time. if it doesn't work you did something wrong. It is pointless looking for variables outside a correct install.

i do appreciate your input though - its always good to see members trying to help others.
    PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE POSTING HERE

Skill Level
    Flashing
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ubergeek View Post
    LT switch is designed to work in all instances - it has been tested on drives that were sensitive to the different resistor levels. I haven't had a single one fail and many pro installers i speak to often have the same successful results.

In your case it could have been becuase of your multiple attempts to install it messed with the variables or it was simple pure coincidence.

I have said this to everyone - and it will be the same answer every single time. if it doesn't work you did something wrong. It is pointless looking for variables outside a correct install.

i do appreciate your input though - its always good to see members trying to help others.
    I have done an 8 series drive and a 9 series ,both with the same switch, and have had no problems what so ever,you guys might think that you are doing nothing wong but you ARE! I have seen a few posts around the web and some people who claim to be good at soldering post their pics and it looks like they dont know what a soldering iron is, and the state of some people traces are a joke.

The Following User Says Thank You to brunoiskingplaya For This Useful Post:

Skill Level
    Gaming
    Thanks

i'm not saying that XT switch method is wrong :P i just said it didnt work for me. I had to use MRA hack and had to change resistors.. I just asked why would this be possible... If you looked to the board wich my father made was perfect... he used multimeter to see if was linked or not the wires and checked on everything.

I asked to a friend of mine wich he does this as a profession for help, he looked to the drive and discovered this after 3 hours.

So ... i just leave here, anyone having dificulties entering in vendor mode, can try this method but use multimeter to measure how much of voltage is passing, in order to not burn the board (i do not understand of electronics, this was what my friend said me lol) :P

Anyways i think is a wonderfull idea To bad didnt work well with me.

Skill Level
    Flashing, Troubleshooting, Hardware, Software, Mods, Errors
    Thanks

lol
    PLEASE USE THE BUTTON IF SOMEONE GIVES YOU HELP !

Just Helping The People In Need
    martin258147@hotmail.com
    GamerTag:BadKinG41
    Feel Free To Add Me
    (I have live at the moment)
    MW2 Clan:~TX~
    http://gamebattles.com/xbox360/call-...m/team-xecuter
    Join everyone

Skill Level
    modder
    Thanks

I do not think it is always the case that something is wrong. Drives are diff and computers are diff. I did nothing wrong but dos32 and JF would not work for me. There are instances where it is the computer and not all are the same. I could not use 22 ohm resistors at all but used 2 10ohms flawlessly. It is known that not all resistors work on all drives and from what I have seen 20ohm works for more. I think its crazy to say you must have done something wrong if it doesnt work.. Just try a different method 1st before you go recutting and resoldering and ruin your board..

Just my two cents from my own experiences..

I tried the LT switch tonight... No go. So removed and left cuts and solder the same. Then used my homeade probe using Iprep in dos and it worked flawlessly..

Good Luck all.. If it doesnt work one way try another.. All I know of for me with certainty is I have to use IPREP and dos to flash these drives..
    Biogirl

Skill Level
    Beginner
    Thanks

question on proper soldering technique, do we solder the pad first for connectivity and then solder the switch to the pad which has solder? i.e. heat pad with soldering iron first, use a small amount of solder to pad. then heat LT switch solder point and add remainder solder to it.

I noticed that each of the LT switch solder points has metal on the sides (if you look at it side on) which would mean that the solder could actually flow over into the pad already?.

edit:
    Soldering the PCB: The PCB is self aligning to the exact positons. Solder 5 small blobs to the larger solder positions on the LT Switch - they will flow down to the small points on the Liteon PCB.
    Time: 20 seconds
    Difficulty 1-10: 2

Guess that answers the question
    Last edited by khull; 8th February 10 at 05:35.

Noob Account
    Skill Level
    hax0r
    Thanks

Had problems with my normal solder sticking, so used some nice silver stuff... sticked down fantastic and the chip is now operational!

Cheers Xecuter team

The Following User Says Thank You to bammers For This Useful Post:

Noob Account
    Skill Level
    Modification, repairs
    Thanks

Hey there,

I just recieved my two switches today. Currently working on my first one. After the soldering, I connect it to my PC and start jungleflasher in normal mode on the LT switch. Switch responds with a green color on the LED and I have status 0x51 in JungleFlasher. I then press intro/device ID and yes, turn the CK3 off, and switch the switch over to F/W and turn the CK3 back on. LED reports red.
    However, I only get 0x51/0x52 in jungleflasher.
    Could there still be any flaws in my soldering/cutting traces or is there anything else I am doing poorly?

Thanks for any help,
    Erlend :-)

Edit: So, Ive tried a couple of times again now, and all of a sudden the switch only feedbacks red if I apply pressure on the switch. Is this due to poorly cut traces?

Edit2: I resoldered all places now, and I get green light on normal and red light on f/w without applying any pressure or anything like that - in other words this should be okay now, right? However, I still am unable to read the FW in Jungleflasher. I use the CK3 kit with usb and serial connection. the only thing plugged in to the CK is the power cable. Mode B LED on the CK3 kit is blue. I am clueless here... :-/
    Last edited by Erlend; 8th February 10 at 19:15.

Skill Level
    Beginner
    Thanks

Erlend, do you have any photos of the board and switch?

Noob Account
    Skill Level
    Modification, repairs
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by khull View Post
    Erlend, do you have any photos of the board and switch?
    I will upload when I get the possibility. I took the PCB off the whole drive, so I am working only with the PCB. That is not a error path right?

Currently suffering from a freezing windows in jungleflasher. Am I closer to the goal?

Skill Level
    physicals mods/ soldering/flashing/repairs
    Thanks

its fine to work with just the board, ive flashed a few drive boards without anything attached.
    xbox_mods@gmx.co.uk for xbox flashing/repairs , liteon damaged pcb repairs all xbox mods and advice

The Following User Says Thank You to pullen51 For This Useful Post:

Noob Account
    Skill Level
    Modification, repairs
    Thanks

Okay. The switch reports green and red as it should now, however my PC freezes! Which drivers are you guys using?
    Also, is there a diagram of how to solder back those colored wires? I dont remember the original position of the two yellow/white ones were.

Edit: downloaded drivers, pc does not freeze anymore. How many times do you have to try device intro before it works? Still trying...

Edit2: Still 0x52/0x51... Is the switch broken or something? Reports red/green when switching, so it appears to be working.
    Last edited by Erlend; 9th February 10 at 05:55.

Noob Account
    Skill Level
    N/A
    Thanks

I have the v3.3 CK3 Pro can i still use that since on the tutorial says i need the v4 or Rev D?

Skill Level
    Expert
    Thanks

Hi, i have a 93450 to flash. It's not the first one, i had troubles on my first time, but with the other drives no problems. This one...i don't know why, it does't work. JF or Dosflash gives me always status 51, 52, D1 or D2. Green and Red light are OK.
    Please need help.

Skill Level
    Expert
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by emaborsa View Post
    Hi, i have a 93450 to flash. It's not the first one, i had troubles on my first time, but with the other drives no problems. This one...i don't know why, it does't work. JF or Dosflash gives me always status 51, 52, D1 or D2. Green and Red light are OK.
    Please need help.
    Due to this problem, i decided to solder another R.... look my pic
    http://www.bz-mod.it/inf/ltswitch.jpg

after that it has worked at the first try.

Noob Account
    Skill Level
    Modification, repairs
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by emaborsa View Post
    Due to this problem, i decided to solder another R.... look my pic
    http://www.bz-mod.it/inf/ltswitch.jpg

after that it has worked at the first try.

Due to my color blindness, what resistor is that? 22ohms?

Skill Level
    Expert
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Erlend View Post
    Due to my color blindness, what resistor is that? 22ohms?
    270. But pay attention, the originally is also onboard so i have 20 and 270 in parallel....the sum is around 18.7Ohm.

Skill Level
    liteon
    Thanks

So I attempted to do a LT switch solder the other day (my first one) and it totally failed..i scraped the pads and cut the traces then soldered. then at this point i double checked then went and plugged everything into my ck3 lite (didnt turn it on yet, was still fine).

Now heres the tricky part... earlier that day I flashed a 7x with my ck3 light an a probe, my probe was connected to the ground on the ck3 light and i forgot about that, and i turned it on and the ground on the ck3 started to melt and smoke came from it. No power to my lt switch at all, but still have power to ck3 light...

any suggestions? I repaired the traces and it seems as if the drive is fried...

Page 10 of 34 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast