Similar Threads

1. reboot twice then FRAG
    By kataklyzm in forum Xecuter 3 Help & Support
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 26th June 07, 08:25
  2. BIOS caused 3 times reboot and FRAG
    By luckyhsss in forum Xecuter 2.6 (X2.6)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12th June 06, 22:15
  3. Triple reboot only @ certain, random times..
    By BCoon in forum Xecuter 2.6 (X2.6)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 7th June 06, 21:53
  4. Three Reboot and FRAG
    By psalmx in forum Xecuter 3 Help & Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 26th October 05, 02:00
  5. Reboot 3 Times Frag no video or sound
    By Server4001 in forum Xecuter 1.x & Xecuter 2 (Upto X2.5)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 24th April 05, 01:51
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Noob Account
    Skill Level
    not sure
    Thanks

reboot 3 times and Frag

I just installed an new 2.6 ce in a xbox. It reboots 3 times and then frags. The blue light is on so i assume i soldered it well. I resoldered every wire again just to make sure and it still did the same thing. THis is my third xbox i have modded, so i think i know what i am doing. I just do not understand what is happening. This 3 reboots and frag does this mean that maybe the chip did not come preflasshed with a flashbio or something? Or does it mean i did not do a stellar solder job. Thanks for the help.

Noob Account
    Thanks
    The same thing happens to my xbox, modded with Xecuter 2.6 CE Lite. This is my first xbox mod, though I do have soldering experience. When I try turning off the chip with switch (disable), I still get 3 reboots and FRAG. Can anyone help?

Noob Account
    Skill Level
    not sure
    Thanks
    unlike what whoosh said, my xbox boots up fine when the modchip is disabled. Just thought i should post that as it may be pertinat information.

Skill Level
    Computer Programming
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by freakycody
    Or does it mean i did not do a stellar solder job. Thanks for the help.
    Bingo..

I just did my 30 something XBOX tonight and had to go back and check my soldering due to FRAG.

Everything looked great to me, also.. But, I had a dry solder joint I had to fix.

Just recheck them again.
    Nothing to say... Just like to watch.

Thanks

same problem

I have having this problem with my v1.6(not b) and my 2.6ce. It's soooo annoying, I have been over that lpc 2-3 times. I rebuilt it by wire & rebuild kit. No luck, please anyone?!?

MIke

Noob Account
    Thanks
    I want to say its the D0 isnt getting connected.
    Dont know what Im doing

Noob Account
    Skill Level
    none
    Thanks

Same

This is happening to me as well.. but the thing is, it was pre-soldered by a good friend, worked great for months, everything was normal.. and today, it reboots 3 times and then FRAG.

I have tried the white button, disconnecting the power for a few mins.. same thing.. I have tried different controller ports, same thing. I have removed the chip from the pins and reset the chip, same thing, made sure it was grounded.. fine. Blue light comes on every time. I can switch the modchip to disabled, red LED comes on instead, but still reboots 3 times and FRAG.

No switch combination or reseating or movement of anything seems to help. It won't even eject the dvdrom when I try, just FRAG after 3 reboots, every time. I have tried everything for hours now... the soldering looks fine, and like I said, it was working fine for months and nothing moved and it broke, so I don't see how the solder could have anything to do with it.

Noob Account
    Skill Level
    playing
    Thanks
    My xbox V1.6 with 2.6CE and the rebuilt LPC thing. First Xbox moded, experience with a soldering iron.

I researched it for weeks... install was as smooth as could ask for. Booted right up the first time. Flashed the Bios over HTTP:// successful. keept bank 1 as flashbios. Bank 2 evoxM8v16

Both banks booted sucessful about 6 times each. then it just shut off...

With chip disabled XBOX works fine.

With chip enabled XBOX reboots 3 times, then frags(red/green).

I'm going to re-re-re-check my solder points.

Noob Account
    Skill Level
    network managment
    Thanks

no one knows how to fix the problem

the same thing happend to me with my 1.6 and x3.... reboots 3 times then frag nothing rong with my solder. And no one seems to have an answer could it be that some x chips are comming out fulty ??!!!??? ... can some one give a honest response that will actually help fix/ solve the problem

Skill Level
    new to this all
    Thanks
    OK. yes another PROBLEM same issue. 1.6 (not b) and x3 ce.... i soldered with the lpc, everything worked great. got tothe flash bios. flashed it. perfect. loaded slayer. perfect, put in new HD. formated everything is 100% fine. bla bal. .. loaded avalaunch, set my IP to begin to transfer files over through FTP. ( mind you, this is the 3rd xbox i work on, and my first solder, but none the less, i got the hang of it and knew what i was doing) copy 2 games over fine. w/e. go to reboot. and a f00kin frag. let me tell you. i dont exactly appreciate this, and know that were all posting the same shit? with no solution/ real answer is really f00king lame. WORKED fine. then frag? after copying over a game? uh ... no. and 2 post up, the guy whos xbox after 3 MONTHS shitted on him, cmon... seriously. im not pulling out this xbox to recheck those solder points. there fine. what the f00k is up with this shit.

Noob Account
    Skill Level
    playing
    Thanks
    Gave up. Checked my solder points again, and again with no luck. re-soldered every point on the board.

My xbox still works. Mod chip does not, SCREW Xecuter!!! Just wish I would have choose a different mod chip. Think I'll just wait for the NEW XBOX 360... and when I mod that... it won't have an executer chip in it, that's for sure.

Good luck to anyone with the same problem.

Skill Level
    soldering
    Thanks
    I have read a lot about faulty switches on these chips. The people with X3 can just unplug it to find out, but what do the poor guys like me with an X2.6ce do? Does any one have any info on this? Does any one know how to check if the switch is faulty?

Noob Account
    Skill Level
    intermediate
    Thanks
    I had this problem off and on with a 2.x lite plus that I've had for a couple years. At first I thought it was a loose or poor connection to d0 or on the LPC (I use a solderless adapter). Actually I'm sure at times this was the problem, but after many hours of closely watching the pogo pins touching the right points, but conitinued fragging, I finally solved the problem. My chip was not grounded properly. For solderless adapters, the ground is established between the solderless adapter and the main board where the screw hole is for both (using a washer for the older adapters). I jury rigged a solid connection between the ground point on the adapter and the board and now boots 100% of the time...no more fragging. So, if you've gone over your d0 and LPC points extensively but ignored the ground...check that.

Skill Level
    installation
    Thanks
    I have the same problem with my friends xbox v1.6 not b, with a x3 ce chip. it did not do it until about a day later. They left it on all night and in the morning it would not shut down unless you unpluged it and when you plugged it back in it would start right up, reboot 3 times, then run normally with no probs except for having to unplug it to turn it off. I thought it was my soldering so I cleaned the solder points and then resoldered and made sure none were dry. NO CHANGE. (I have install several chips before and never delt with a prob like this)

BUT... I then took off the LPC board and soldered it with wires and it worked perfectly!!!

Then 2 days later while playing a game during one of the hottest days of the year turned off and restarted 3 times FRAGing-Orange. I let it cool down for a couple of hours and started the xbox up and it worked fine......UNTIL it got heated up again then it turned off again. It does when the chip is disabled and enabled.

Any suggestions? (is it the chip or the xboxs power supply or PSU)
    Last edited by riot07; 5th September 05 at 11:09.

Noob Account
    Skill Level
    n/a
    Thanks
    Okay, my issue is similar to those above.
    I have an old Xbox, I think its a 1.2, I don't remember. The mod I installed (whic was about a year and half ago) is a 2.3b i believe, and I used one of the solderless adapters. It worked fine for a while... then about 3-6 months ago, it wouldnt boot properly. It would attempt to start up 3 times.

the sequence goes as follows:
    Attempt1, turn itself off (while making a weird squeek)
    Attempt2, turn itself off (while making a louder squeek)
    Attempt3, frag (flash red and green)

The weird thing is, i could leave it alone for a few days, or as little as a few hours, and sometimes it would boot fine, sometimes it would just go thru that same sequence again.

When I disable the mod, it boots into the normal Xbox start up.
    Switching the banks doesnt do anything.

Any thoughts anyone?

Skill Level
    Hardware installs, X2 chips and BIOS
    Thanks
    It's a solderless adapter, maybe some of the contacts are making just enough of a connection to work sometimes but not others. A good test of this would be to open the box and put a little extra pressure on the chip. If it then boots 100% of the time I would say it is a dirty/poor contact on the solderless adapter. If so remove the adapter, clean the LPC holes (I've seen recommendations of a pencil eraser, cotton swab or different cleaning solutions... see if a search turns up anything) and then reinstall. Hopefully you'll get at least another year and a half if not more out of it before needing to touch it again, if ever.

-Whoopin'
    Workin' my way to one of those bright 'n' flashy rank bars!
    Tutorials and docs-

X2 Switch Schematics-
    2.3 Lite/2.3B Lite | 2.6/2.6CE
    I'm looking to make a schematic of the X2.x PRO switch bank.
    PM me if you have one to loan/hand out. It will be returned if required.

Unsolicited PMs will likely receive the response to "put it in a thread."

Skill Level
    networking
    Thanks
    D0 it sounds like, that was my problem, check check check check, i know it sucks

Skill Level
    Thanks
    Maybe if the D0 wire were in the wrong hole and it was grounding something it shouldn't then this could be an issue for some... but in lynx.me's case the box is working sometimes and not working others, indicating that D0 is in the right location. This could potentially be a problem in a new install, one that has never seen a successful mod boot.

D0 is what enables/disables the mod. If D0 was a problem (and in the right hole) either the mod would always be booting (if D0 were accidentally permanently grounded) or the mod would never boot (if there was no way to complete a circuit from D0 to ground). Since there is a difference between having the mod enabled (D0 grounded) and disabled (D0 open) and since the mod sometimes works without changing any connections this indicates that this contact here is good.

-Whoopin'
    Tutorials and docs-

X2 Switch Schematics-

Noob Account
    Skill Level
    FPS
    Thanks

Cool Re: reboot 3 times and Frag

Ok, I have read this thread and some other similar posts on the web. I have the same flashing green and red eject button after 3 reboots. My box was modded over 2 years ago and was working fine, until this week. I examined all the connections and everything looks fine. Is the chip just burned out and time for a new one?

Skill Level
    Thanks

Re: reboot 3 times and Frag

Has anything recently changed? What type of install was it? (solder/solderless?)

-Whoopin'
    Tutorials and docs-

X2 Switch Schematics-

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast