By onin2 in forum Xecuter 3 Help & Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 20th February 05, 19:23
  5. Xbox doesnt turn on with chip, works fine without
    By pipposer in forum Xecuter 3 Help & Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 28th November 04, 17:40
    Thanks

Intermittent Problem, Works Sometimes, Others it Does Not, 1.0 Xbox 2.3b Lite + Chip

Executer 2.3b Lite Plus, Pogo Pin installation, No Hard Drive Mod or any other mods.

1.0 Model Xbox

The kick ass Thompson Drive (Yes its kick ass, this thing has played every single dvd backup I have ever tried, I dont care if its a .10 cent disk it still plays it so whomever claimed this is a bad drive is nuts)

I get the problem where the xbox turns on, lights up, turns off, lights up, turns off, and lights up again, then starts fragging.

This problem is intermittent. It happens sometimes and I have no idea what fixes it. One time I turn the xbox on and it is fragging, another time I turn the xbox on even though I have changed nothing and it was within five mins of it fragging and it is working fine.

This problem has gotten worse as I have went along. When I first installed the mod chip it did not happen. Then it might happen once every two weeks at max. Now its happening quite often.

I can turn the mod chip off and it boots fine to the standard xbox screen. I have changed the bios several times. I have tried Xecuter bios, M6 Bios, IND bios, and more.

When it happens it will not boot to either bank.

Sometimes rebooting fixes the problems, sometimes leaving the xbox off a while fixes the problem, sometimes booting up in regular xbox mod and altering the clock seems to fix the problem. Honestly though I am not sure if any of these actually fix the prblem as I am not sure.

I had thought that the problem did not happen when the xbox was open. I kept it open to watch the lights and check the connection and it did not appear to happen. But it does happen. I was thinking maybe the cd-rom or something was casuing some sort of grounding issue or something, but like I say it happens with the cd-rom not touching anything.

I have checked the connection. I have checked it again and again, I have checked it even again.

The connection is clean. I have been very careful to check it, to clean it to make sure all is ok.

When it works the blue lights are lit up on the chip, when it does not work the blue lights are lit up on the chip.

I do have a older xbox that does need the power cord replacement. I have sent for the new power cord and am just waiting on it to arrive. Could that be the problem? It does not seem so because it will boot fine and stay on fine with the original xbox when the mod chip is off. But this problem is driving me nuts. The fact that its itermittent and I cant find a definate cause is even worse.

Please someone give me a suggestion.

Noob Account
    Skill Level
    Novice
    Thanks
    I've started having the same problem. And it really drives me nuts. Thought it was related to the other mods I have, but if you are having the same problem then that wouldn't be the case. I have an X3 w/Xapt3r and had just loaded the v3108 on it. It doesn't seem to matter which version of bios I set it to though. I am going to open it up and check the D0 golden wire to make sure it is solid. Other than that I'm not sure where to procede from there.
    -----------1st Box-----------
    v1.0 Xbox
    X3 CE, X3CP blk
    Xtender2 w/Duel Seagate 200GB hdds
    X3CL v3029
    Ava/Evox/UnleashX/Xmbc/UIX
    Mitz 65" HiDef, Yamaha DSP-A1 w7.1
    -----------2nd Box-----------
    v1.2 Xbox
    X3 CE, Xapt3r, X3CP blk
    Xtender2 WD 160GB hdd
    X3CL v3029
    Mitz 40"
    -----------3rd Box-----------
    ?????????? WIP ????????????

Noob Account
    Skill Level
    Linux, HaloModding
    Thanks
    it's definately the connection... i have the same problem, every week or so i need to re-locate my chip, it didn't do it for the first 2 months i had my chip.
    when aligning, turn the chip off, both blue lights will be on if the pogo pins are ligned up, and a third yellow/green light will light up for the d0 point, give that a try, and just because all three lights are on doesnt mean that the chip is connected to the right contacs, just means it is getting power...

the main problem i had was the D0 pin sliced one of my traces, so now rather than sitting on the D0 point, it sits on a side of that trace... works fine tho, i can't boot from tsop tho...
    Last edited by ConorM; 25th April 05 at 02:31.

Noob Account
    Skill Level
    Novice
    Thanks
    The lights all seem to give the proper indicators, 2 blue and a quick red flash on boot. I thought I would just bite the bullet and wire install this thing just to make sure it has solid connections.
    v1.0 Xbox
    X3 CE, X3CP blk
    X3CL v3029
    v1.2 Xbox
    X3 CE, Xapt3r, X3CP blk
    Xtender2 WD 160GB hdd
    X3CL v3029
    Mitz 40"

Noob Account
    Skill Level
    Linux, HaloModding
    Thanks
    just make sure if you boot it with the chip turned off that there's 3 lights on, 2 blue, 1 green, when it's on it will only have 2 blue.

If your chip is off and it's only 2 blue, then u need to align the D0 point properly, or make sure the contact of the wire is touching (depending on how it's installed..)
    Xbox v1.4
    Xecuter 2.3b Lite +
    Maxtor 80GB @ 5200rpm
    Samsung DVD-ROM (stock)
    --
    Xbox v1.6
    sold most of the pieces after
    killing it while trying to rebuild
    the lpc, i kept the mobo for
    demonstrational purposes..

Thanks
    Everything checked and adjusted.

When the chip is turned off it will boot and there are 2 blue lights and one green light on. When the chip is turned on there are only 2 green lights on.

Problem still happens even when the lights are showing like this.

My current thought is that the problem is either in the switch (On Off, bios choice, or write, protect option) or in the memory itself. One of the reasons I feel this way is it does not appear to matter which bank I choose. Either bank boots bank 1 now or appears too. If it is a problem in the wireing, or switch can I just disconnect it and it work always?

If that could be a issue could it be the wires themselves or maybe the connections, not sure here just guesstimating but I hope that I can completly disconnect the switch itself and have this problem fixed as well as having the chip always on.

Thanks again for all the advice.

Noob Account
    Skill Level
    Linux, HaloModding
    Thanks
    well here's one thing it may be, but i highly doubt it, may as well say it tho, check the switch on ur chip that says 1.0-1.2|1.3-1.5 or w/e, and make sure it's right, if it's on the wrong one tho, i dont think ur chip would work at all since it would use the other D0 pin, but give it a look...
    Xbox v1.4
    Xecuter 2.3b Lite +
    Maxtor 80GB @ 5200rpm
    Samsung DVD-ROM (stock)
    --
    Xbox v1.6
    sold most of the pieces after
    killing it while trying to rebuild
    the lpc, i kept the mobo for
    demonstrational purposes..

Noob Account
    Skill Level
    Novice
    Thanks
    Sorry for the delay, new granddaughter born. Any way replaced the Xapt3r with pogo pin install. everything is working fine now. Will save Xapt3r for another Xbox. It was just not getting a very good conection to the mobo. the pin holes had been soldered closed, and when I used the Xapt3r I had tried to remove the solder to allow it to seat properly. I guess I didn't get that done right. So just went back and did the pogo thing.
    v1.0 Xbox
    X3 CE, X3CP blk
    X3CL v3029
    v1.2 Xbox
    X3 CE, Xapt3r, X3CP blk
    Xtender2 WD 160GB hdd
    X3CL v3029
    Mitz 40"

Noob Account
    Skill Level
    Modding
    Thanks
    same problem...dont kno what to do!!!tried everything!!!!

Noob Account
    Skill Level
    Modding
    Thanks
    is the d0 sharp pin supposed to go into the d0 hole in the xbox? mine does not get close

Noob Account
    Thanks
    I used to have the exact problem, and from my experience it is definetly the connection point. I have v1.0 with Thompson DVD modded with X2 v4983 with MS original Dashboard. You need to realign the connection point, may take several times, and when it work make sure you treat your Xbox like Liquid Nitrogen, making sure it is absolutely stationary. It works for me!

Good luck!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rapmaster0
    is the d0 sharp pin supposed to go into the d0 hole in the xbox? mine does not get close
    move it back and forth, unscrew it and adjust as needed.

your problem with the frag is not the chip, its the motherboard. the d0 is not conducting the correct amount of electricity at certain times, so you might need a new xbox (as in an old one)

Noob Account
    Skill Level
    playing games
    Thanks
    This is going to sound like a very very ignorant solution, but, hey, its working. Mine does this. Yeah, its the connect point. My asinine workaround is to "fonz" it. And by "fonz", I mean beat the front of the xbox with a closed fist firmly. This does work, yet I will not even begin to tell you the other problems it may bring up.

Maus

Noob Account
    Thanks
    I had the same problem, system worked for over a year and then the problem showed up. After a while i wasn't even able to boot to the retail MS dash. I removed the chip and ended up buying a new chip the Xenium SP which has the built in OS. Using that i was able to repair the xbox and get it to boot back to retail Dash and work as if original.

I am now in the process of re-install the X2.3 Lite + in this v1.0 xbox I used a new screw to make sure the chip is in place firmly and when i power up i get 2 blue and 1 green light. boots to MS dash. From reading i understand this means the chip is properly connected but disabled. However, when i enable the chip it still shows the green light and still boots to MS Dash.

I am thinking that the enable/disable switch is not working, however when i turn it on the green light comes on, turn it off and the green light stays off. I have tried all other combinations of Bank1/2 and the Protect/Unprotect switches.

When i install the new mod chip i purchased, i am able to boot into that bios and work from there. However, I don't want to this chip into this box because i have a new v1.6 box which i will be installing it into once i get this one (v1.0) operational again.

Any words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance