Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 30th January 12, 02:40
  2. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 16th January 12, 02:13
  3. XGD3 Layer Break Question
    By 360user in forum The Noob Room
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 27th December 11, 02:17
  4. layer break
    By chontour in forum The Noob Room
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 21st March 09, 01:41
Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    209
    Skill Level
    RGH, flashing, modding, repair
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 41 Times in 39 Posts

    imgburn XGD3 layer break set to optimal or specific number?

    I have read over multiple forums that the layer break when using ixtreme burnermax fw should be left to optimal but then others say set a specific number. So which is it? Does it matter?

    The Following User Says Thank You to whoseanthony For This Useful Post:



  2. #2

    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    6,460
    Skill Level
    Modding, Gaming
    Thanks
    1,264
    Thanked 19,775 Times in 2,847 Posts

    Re: imgburn XGD3 layer break set to optimal or specific number?

    you could always read the instructions we posted ?

    just sayin.....
    PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE POSTING HERE

    The Following User Says Thank You to Ubergeek For This Useful Post:



  3. #3

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Bournemouth, United Kingdom
    Posts
    201
    Skill Level
    Moderate
    Thanks
    28
    Thanked 61 Times in 44 Posts

    Re: imgburn XGD3 layer break set to optimal or specific number?

    XGD3 Layer Break - 2133520 (if you dont have the .dvd file containing the layer break info...)

    The Following User Says Thank You to mattjk88 For This Useful Post:



  4. #4

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    209
    Skill Level
    RGH, flashing, modding, repair
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 41 Times in 39 Posts

    Re: imgburn XGD3 layer break set to optimal or specific number?

    I read through the burner max tutorial but it mentions nothing of setting the layer break. It just has two steps for imgburn. If there is another tutorial that I am not seeing I would appreciate a link.

    Thanks

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Cyprus (Nicosia)
    Posts
    1,061
    Skill Level
    iHAS BURN ANALYSIS / REFLOW & REBALL / RGH / FIRMWARE FLASH / CONSOLE MODS
    Thanks
    412
    Thanked 702 Times in 379 Posts

    Re: imgburn XGD3 layer break set to optimal or specific number?

    XGD3 + "Burner Max" = "Calculate Optimal"

    The Following User Says Thank You to DrunkenNinja For This Useful Post:



  6. #6

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Bournemouth, United Kingdom
    Posts
    201
    Skill Level
    Moderate
    Thanks
    28
    Thanked 61 Times in 44 Posts

    Re: imgburn XGD3 layer break set to optimal or specific number?

    Lol

    Like I said, either set it manually to the above or use the dvd file which gets created when you rip...

    The Following User Says Thank You to mattjk88 For This Useful Post:



  7. #7

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Cyprus (Nicosia)
    Posts
    1,061
    Skill Level
    iHAS BURN ANALYSIS / REFLOW & REBALL / RGH / FIRMWARE FLASH / CONSOLE MODS
    Thanks
    412
    Thanked 702 Times in 379 Posts

    Re: imgburn XGD3 layer break set to optimal or specific number?

    Important:

    Remember to Verify the Disc after the burn, this is done easily in Imgburn by using the checkbox.

    if it doesn't verify bin it!!!

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    NW, UK
    Posts
    718
    Skill Level
    w00t
    Thanks
    67
    Thanked 121 Times in 109 Posts

    Re: imgburn XGD3 layer break set to optimal or specific number?

    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkenNinja View Post

    if it doesn't verify bin it!!!
    Actually...verify in KProbe first as fails have been known in imgburn but check out fine in KProbe

  9. #9
    Noob Account
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Estonia
    Posts
    3
    Skill Level
    2
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: imgburn XGD3 layer break set to optimal or specific number?

    I am also confused.
    layerbreak that it has to write at all in file when it comes to actually choose Calculate Optimal.
    LTMAX firmware was not ready and therefore had to choose Calculate Optimal layerbrake
    which one is right?
    Maybe that's why I could not write without errors
    because I picked User Specified layerbreak (XGD3 layerbreak 2133520)

    sorry google translate
    Last edited by kaliif; 25th October 11 at 23:00.

  10. #10
    Full Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    36
    Skill Level
    noob
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 6 Times in 3 Posts

    Re: imgburn XGD3 layer break set to optimal or specific number?

    Wouldn't matter either way. For me...it doesn't work (burner, firmware, update, burn according to guide...bad results). I went back to using my portable LG usb drive and truncating the files. Wasted four discs and 30 bucks buying the iHAS124-B, upgrading the firmware, only to find it won't burn discs properly. 4 coasters later and I give up. I'd rather have a truncated file that I can play versus a table saver.

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    324
    Skill Level
    Xbox 1, X360 mod
    Thanks
    83
    Thanked 39 Times in 35 Posts

    Re: imgburn XGD3 layer break set to optimal or specific number?

    Quote Originally Posted by tercero View Post
    Wouldn't matter either way. For me...it doesn't work (burner, firmware, update, burn according to guide...bad results). I went back to using my portable LG usb drive and truncating the files. Wasted four discs and 30 bucks buying the iHAS124-B, upgrading the firmware, only to find it won't burn discs properly. 4 coasters later and I give up. I'd rather have a truncated file that I can play versus a table saver.

    The issues you are having can be due to several possibilities. It all depends on your computer set up, RAM and processor power. The most severe, are you downloading or are you ripping your own discs using V3? For XGD3, you need to use V3. I haven't had any issues ripping with my Benq 0800 and recording my discs with the iHAS124-B drive. My set up is a SATA molex adapter and a PCI VIA Raid card. The most successful way to flash and update the burner MAX drive is by using X360USBPro. After a sucessful flash, connect by any means necessary by using the onboard SATA, VIA card, or the X360USBPro. Since my PC doesnt have any SATA connections, (2009 HP CORE-DUO) that's the setup im using and believe me it functions like a dream. Troubleshoot and stop truncating your rips because your just going to flag your box. Figure out what you doing wrong. Follow the guides and you shouldn't encounter and problems unless you are downloading.
    Last edited by locobrown; 26th October 11 at 03:03.

  12. #12
    Full Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    london
    Posts
    26
    Skill Level
    newbie
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts

    Re: imgburn XGD3 layer break set to optimal or specific number?

    iam having the same problems with the xgd3 copies/backups i bought a liteon ihas 124 98-b,heres my imgburn log for trying to make a backup for battlefield 3 I 18:13:56 Operation Started!
    I 18:13:56 Source File: C:\Users\TTs\Desktop\x360 games\Battlefield.3.Disc.1-XPG.dvd
    I 18:13:56 Source File Sectors: 4,267,015 (MODE1/2048)
    I 18:13:56 Source File Size: 8,738,846,720 bytes
    I 18:13:56 Source File Volume Identifier: DVD_ROM
    I 18:13:56 Source File Volume Set Identifier: 64ce0000MS UDFBridge
    I 18:13:56 Source File Application Identifier: CDIMAGE 2.45 (12/06/2000 TM)
    I 18:13:56 Source File Implementation Identifier: Microsoft CDIMAGE UDF
    I 18:13:56 Source File File System(s): ISO9660, UDF (1.50)
    I 18:13:56 Destination Device: [0:0:0] ATAPI iHAS124 B AL0S (F (USB)
    I 18:13:56 Destination Media Type: DVD+R DL (Disc ID: MKM-003-00)
    I 18:13:56 Destination Media Supported Write Speeds: 2.4x, 4x, 6x, 8x
    I 18:13:56 Destination Media Sectors: 4,267,040
    I 18:13:56 Write Mode: DVD
    I 18:13:56 Write Type: DAO
    I 18:13:56 Write Speed: 4x
    I 18:13:56 Link Size: Auto
    I 18:13:56 Lock Volume: Yes
    I 18:13:56 Test Mode: No
    I 18:13:56 OPC: Yes
    I 18:13:56 BURN-Proof: Enabled
    I 18:13:56 Write Speed Successfully Set! - Effective: 5,540 KB/s (4x)
    I 18:13:56 Book Type Setting: DVD-ROM
    I 18:13:56 Advanced Settings - Force HT: No, Online HT: No, OverSpeed: No, SmartBurn: Yes
    I 18:14:24 Optimal L0 Data Zone Capacity: 2,133,520
    I 18:14:24 Optimal L0 Data Zone Method: Copied From Original Disc
    I 18:14:24 Set L0 Data Zone Capacity Succeeded!
    I 18:14:25 Filling Buffer... (40 MB)
    I 18:14:26 Writing LeadIn...
    I 18:14:28 Writing Session 1 of 1... (1 Track, LBA: 0 - 4267014)
    I 18:14:28 Writing Track 1 of 1... (MODE1/2048, LBA: 0 - 4267014)
    I 18:14:28 Writing Layer 0... (LBA: 0 - 2133519)
    I 18:27:44 Writing Layer 1... (LBA: 2133520 - 4267014)
    I 18:41:09 Synchronising Cache...
    I 18:41:14 Closing Track...
    I 18:41:15 Finalising Disc...
    I 18:41:50 Exporting Graph Data...
    I 18:41:50 Graph Data File: C:\Users\TTs\AppData\Roaming\ImgBurn\Graph Data Files\ATAPI_iHAS124_B_AL0S_31-OCTOBER-2011_18-13_MKM-003-00_4x.ibg
    I 18:41:50 Export Successfully Completed!
    I 18:41:50 Operation Successfully Completed! - Duration: 00:27:53
    I 18:41:50 Average Write Rate: 5,330 KB/s (3.8x) - Maximum Write Rate: 5,634 KB/s (4.1x)
    I 18:41:50 Cycling Tray before Verify...
    W 18:41:57 Waiting for device to become ready...
    I 18:42:12 Device Ready!
    I 18:42:13 Operation Started!
    I 18:42:13 Source Device: [0:0:0] ATAPI iHAS124 B AL0S (F (USB)
    I 18:42:13 Source Media Type: DVD+R DL (Book Type: DVD-ROM) (Disc ID: MKM-003-00)
    I 18:42:13 Source Media Supported Write Speeds: 2.4x, 4x, 6x, 8x
    I 18:42:13 Image File: C:\Users\TTs\Desktop\x360 games\Battlefield.3.Disc.1-XPG.dvd
    I 18:42:13 Image File Sectors: 4,267,015 (MODE1/2048)
    I 18:42:13 Image File Size: 8,738,846,720 bytes
    I 18:42:13 Image File Volume Identifier: DVD_ROM
    I 18:42:13 Image File Volume Set Identifier: 64ce0000MS UDFBridge
    I 18:42:13 Image File Application Identifier: CDIMAGE 2.45 (12/06/2000 TM)
    I 18:42:13 Image File Implementation Identifier: Microsoft CDIMAGE UDF
    I 18:42:13 Image File File System(s): ISO9660, UDF (1.50)
    I 18:42:13 Read Speed (Data/Audio): MAX / MAX
    I 18:42:15 Verifying Session 1 of 1... (1 Track, LBA: 0 - 4267014)
    I 18:42:15 Verifying Track 1 of 1... (MODE1/2048, LBA: 0 - 4267014)
    I 18:42:15 Verifying Layer 0... (LBA: 0 - 2133519)
    W 18:47:08 Failed to Read Sector 837160 - Reason: L-EC Uncorrectable Error
    W 18:50:04 Retrying (1)...
    W 18:50:11 Retry Failed - Reason: L-EC Uncorrectable Error
    W 18:50:14 Retrying (2)...
    W 18:50:21 Retry Failed - Reason: L-EC Uncorrectable Error
    W 18:50:25 Failed to Read Sector 837160 - Reason: L-EC Uncorrectable Error
    W 18:50:33 Failed to Read Sector 837161 - Reason: L-EC Uncorrectable Error
    W 18:50:35 Failed to Read Sector 837161 - Reason: L-EC Uncorrectable Error
    W 18:50:44 Failed to Read Sector 837162 - Reason: L-EC Uncorrectable Error
    W 18:50:48 Retrying (1)...
    W 18:50:55 Retry Failed - Reason: L-EC Uncorrectable Error
    W 18:50:58 Retrying (2)...
    W 18:51:05 Retry Failed - Reason: L-EC Uncorrectable Error
    W 18:51:08 Retrying (3)...
    W 18:51:15 Retry Failed - Reason: L-EC Uncorrectable Error
    W 18:53:17 Retrying (4)...
    W 18:53:24 Retry Failed - Reason: L-EC Uncorrectable Error
    W 18:53:33 Retrying (5)...
    W 18:53:40 Retry Failed - Reason: L-EC Uncorrectable Error
    W 18:53:48 Retrying (6)...
    W 18:53:55 Retry Failed - Reason: L-EC Uncorrectable Error
    W 18:54:01 Retrying (7)...
    W 18:54:08 Retry Failed - Reason: L-EC Uncorrectable Error
    W 18:54:44 Failed to Read Sector 837162 - Reason: L-EC Uncorrectable Error
    W 18:54:52 Failed to Read Sector 837163 - Reason: L-EC Uncorrectable Error
    W 18:55:00 Retrying (1)...
    W 18:55:07 Retry Failed - Reason: L-EC Uncorrectable Error
    W 18:55:44 Retrying (2)...
    W 18:55:52 Retry Failed - Reason: L-EC Uncorrectable Error
    W 18:55:54 Failed to Read Sector 837163 - Reason: L-EC Uncorrectable Error
    W 18:56:02 Failed to Read Sector 837164 - Reason: L-EC Uncorrectable Error
    W 18:56:07 Retrying (1)...
    W 18:56:14 Retry Failed - Reason: L-EC Uncorrectable Error
    W 18:56:18 Retrying (2)...
    W 18:56:25 Retry Failed - Reason: L-EC Uncorrectable Error
    W 18:56:55 Failed to Read Sector 837164 - Reason: L-EC Uncorrectable Error
    W 18:57:08 Failed to Read Sector 837165 - Reason: L-EC Uncorrectable Error
    W 18:57:11 Retrying (1)...
    W 18:57:18 Retry Failed - Reason: L-EC Uncorrectable Error
    W 18:57:31 Retrying (2)...
    W 18:57:38 Retry Failed - Reason: L-EC Uncorrectable Error
    W 18:57:43 Retrying (3)...
    W 18:57:49 Retry Failed - Reason: L-EC Uncorrectable Error
    W 18:58:01 Retrying (4)...
    W 18:58:08 Retry Failed - Reason: L-EC Uncorrectable Error
    W 18:58:11 Retrying (5)...
    W 18:58:18 Retry Failed - Reason: L-EC Uncorrectable Error
    W 18:58:20 Failed to Read Sector 837165 - Reason: L-EC Uncorrectable Error
    W 18:58:28 Failed to Read Sector 837166 - Reason: L-EC Uncorrectable Error
    W 18:58:44 Failed to Read Sector 837166 - Reason: L-EC Uncorrectable Error
    W 18:58:52 Failed to Read Sector 837167 - Reason: L-EC Uncorrectable Error
    W 18:59:29 Failed to Read Sector 837167 - Reason: L-EC Uncorrectable Error
    W 18:59:38 Failed to Read Sector 837168 - Reason: L-EC Uncorrectable Error
    W 18:59:42 Retrying (1)...
    W 18:59:48 Retry Failed - Reason: L-EC Uncorrectable Error
    W 19:00:12 Retrying (2)...
    W 19:00:19 Retry Failed - Reason: L-EC Uncorrectable Error
    W 19:00:21 Failed to Read Sector 837168 - Reason: L-EC Uncorrectable Error
    W 19:00:29 Failed to Read Sector 837169 - Reason: L-EC Uncorrectable Error
    W 19:00:31 Failed to Read Sector 837169 - Reason: L-EC Uncorrectable Error
    W 19:00:49 Failed to Read Sector 837170 - Reason: L-EC Uncorrectable Error
    W 19:00:49 Failed to Read Sector 837170 - Reason: L-EC Uncorrectable Error
    W 19:00:59 Failed to Read Sector 837171 - Reason: L-EC Uncorrectable Error
    W 19:00:59 Failed to Read Sector 837171 - Reason: L-EC Uncorrectable Error
    W 19:01:08 Failed to Read Sector 837172 - Reason: L-EC Uncorrectable Error
    W 19:01:08 Failed to Read Sector 837172 - Reason: L-EC Uncorrectable Error
    W 19:01:18 Failed to Read Sector 837173 - Reason: L-EC Uncorrectable Error
    W 19:01:18 Failed to Read Sector 837173 - Reason: L-EC Uncorrectable Error
    can anyone tell me what i'am doing wrong,i have followed the iXtreme burner max tutorial to the letter and iam using imgburn at these settings. Remember the Max iXtreme Burner will only successfully write at a Maximum speed of 4x on MKM003 (with OPC) i have followed these directions and am having no luck burning any discs.

  13. #13
    Noob Account
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4
    Skill Level
    rookie
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Re: imgburn XGD3 layer break set to optimal or specific number?

    @nexusmr Try buying your game first

  14. #14
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    united kingdom
    Posts
    1,423
    Skill Level
    flasher
    Thanks
    146
    Thanked 416 Times in 354 Posts

    Re: imgburn XGD3 layer break set to optimal or specific number?

    Quote Originally Posted by nexsusmr View Post
    Source File: C:\Users\TTs\Desktop\x360 games\Battlefield.3.Disc.1-XPG.dvd
    That there is your first problem its a downloaded game or its just a coincidence that you named your file the same as a downloaded copied game. Well me is thinking your a PIRATE

  15. #15
    Noob Account
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Chile
    Posts
    9
    Skill Level
    Race
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: imgburn XGD3 layer break set to optimal or specific number?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ubergeek View Post
    you could always read the instructions we posted ?

    just sayin.....

    I have read over multiple forums that the layer break when using ixtreme burnermax fw should be left to optimal but then others say set a specific number. So which is it?

    I can't find the instruction that you say.

    Greetings.

  16. #16

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    County Galway
    Posts
    175
    Skill Level
    BEGINNERin both flashing and rrod but getting there
    Thanks
    69
    Thanked 28 Times in 21 Posts

    Re: imgburn XGD3 layer break set to optimal or specific number?

    left to optimal mate.
    If i help you in anyway give me a thanks or a bit of rep !!!!
    A pirate walks into a bar wearing a paper towel on his head. He sits down at the bar and orders some dirty rum
    The bartender asks, "Why are you wearing a paper towel?"
    "Arrr..." says the pirate. "I've got a bounty on me head!"

  17. #17
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    11
    Skill Level
    Burning games
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: imgburn XGD3 layer break set to optimal or specific number?

    Quote Originally Posted by xbox360 hacker View Post
    That there is your first problem its a downloaded game or its just a coincidence that you named your file the same as a downloaded copied game. Well me is thinking your a PIRATE
    Arrr matey.......

 

 

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •