Replies: 5
    Last Post: 20th May 12, 09:30
  5. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 28th February 05, 06:27
    Skill Level
    none
    Thanks

average gltich/boot times; a guide

i was wondering if we could put together a sort of database of average boot times as i cant find one

Format:
    Boot TimeXell And Dash)
    Baord Type:
    Retail Dash Version:
    Glitch Chip:
    RGH1 or RGH2:
    Other: Standard or Alt Points/Wire type/Lengths

Skill Level
    Flashing and fixing
    Thanks
    There isn't a guide for this because as of right now it's kind of trial and error what may work on one may not work on another

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

Skill Level
    Xbox tamperer
    Thanks

Re: average gltich/boot times; a guide

Can't see how this would be useful. Each console is utterly unique for this hack as it is a glitch and has little or no regularity even within motherboards of the same type. The nature of this glitch means that I cannot relate my boot times to any one elses.

Rep and Thanks and stuff would be cool as well!!

Skill Level
    none
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Travo112 View Post
    There isn't a guide for this because as of right now it's kind of trial and error what may work on one may not work on another

i was aware there wasnt a guide
    and thats why i was trying to buid a guide/ database so we all could learn from other peoples trials and errors instead of repeating there mistakes

Quote Originally Posted by ball00 View Post
    Can't see how this would be useful. Each console is utterly unique for this hack as it is a glitch and has little or no regularity even within motherboards of the same type. The nature of this glitch means that I cannot relate my boot times to any one elses.
    but surely the boot times for a xenon are relative to a xenon and not relative to a trinity or corona

and although you say there is little or no regularity, we are dealing with a world of electronics and electronics works on a basis of logic
    and there must be some reason as to why one person gets consistent boots times for every board of a certain type he or she Glitches yet somebody else gets different boot times but still consistent to them

and that is what i was trying to help people learn and observe
    as its better to have everyone working together and have all there data in a central place where others can use it as a guide (not tutorial guide the other meaning)
    Last edited by wty4ka; 24th April 12 at 23:30.

Skill Level
    Xbox tamperer
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wty4ka View Post
    but surely the boot times for a xenon are retive to a xenon and not relative to a trinity or corona

No. You'll see posts all over the net for different timings and different effects using the different methods all for the same motherboard.

Personally I have six glitched slims here ATM and none of the glitch times are the same despite all being set up the same. All are trinity motherboards and all react differently all with TX coolrunners and post qsb. Same hardware and utterly different glitch times.

We are dealing with electronics but this is a glitch in the electronics and software and therefore not regular at all. The clue is in the name glitch. We are attempting to get an irregularity out of our consoles glitching is not regular in any way. Do any of your consoles glitch at exactly the same time on every boot? Mine don't.
    Last edited by ball00; 24th April 12 at 23:31.

Rep and Thanks and stuff would be cool as well!!

Skill Level
    none
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ball00 View Post
    No. You'll see posts all over the net for different timings and different effects using the different methods all for the same motherboard.

Personally I have six glitched slims here ATM and none of the glitch times are the same despite all being set up the same. All are trinity motherboards and all react differently all with TX coolrunners and post qsb. Same hardware and utterly different glitch times.
    thank you for that infromatiuon but what are those boot times? 1second<30 minutes is the range i have so far
    so if you could improve or narrow this gauge that would be much appreciated

and also i have read numerous posts of people having relative boot times for boards of the same revision/type

BANNED
    Skill Level
    Flashing + Glitching
    Thanks

Yeah someone started a very similar thread just last week I think.

Picked up a tip from it regarding slims, i.e working the CPU_RST wire round the X-clamps, tried this for the first time tonight, booted in about 30 seconds, switched CR to Phat and it boots in 15 secs max, sometimes instantly, best slim boot up I've had, even with POST_QSBs.

Skill Level
    Flashing and fixing
    Thanks

i was aware there wasnt a guide
    and thats why i was trying to buid a guide/ database so we all could learn from other peoples trials and errors instead of repeating there mistakes

but surely the boot times for a xenon are relative to a xenon and not relative to a trinity or corona

and although you say there is little or no regularity, we are dealing with a world of electronics and electronics works on a basis of logic
    and there must be some reason as to why one person gets consistent boots times for every board of a certain type he or she Glitches yet somebody else gets different boot times but still consistent to them

and that is what i was trying to help people learn and observe
    as its better to have everyone working together and have all there data in a central place where others can use it as a guide (not tutorial guide the other meaning)
    I perfectly understood you the first time, few and far in between you'll find ones with identical boot times. I have done countless trinity, falcons and jaspers. All installed the same ways and they were hardly similar in boot times.

Skill Level
    none
    Thanks

I perfectly understood you the first time, few and far in between you'll find ones with identical boot times. I have done countless trinity, falcons and jaspers. All installed the same ways and they were hardly similar in boot times.
    ok thank you but i think it would be useful to learn the range of boot times

as of right now the only reference to boot times i can find is team Xecuters reports that some consoles take up to 30 minutes
    and various reports from users that have unglitchable xenons

Quote Originally Posted by Ticallion View Post
    Yeah someone started a very similar thread just last week I think.

Picked up a tip from it regarding slims, i.e working the CPU_RST wire round the X-clamps, tried this for the first time tonight, booted in about 30 seconds, switched CR to Phat and it boots in 15 secs max, sometimes instantly, best slim boot up I've had, even with POST_QSBs.
    ok thanks for that information
    Last edited by wty4ka; 24th April 12 at 23:44.

Skill Level
    Flashing and fixing
    Thanks

ok thank you but i think it would be useful to learn the range of boot times

as of right now the only reference to boot times i can find is team Xecuters reports that some consoles take up to 30 minutes
    and various reports from users that have unglitchable xenons

ok thanks for that information
    With the trinity I find it easier to make a coil and place it to the left of the post out and use the alt clk and switch it from slim to phat all in all I get 9-15 second boot times 90% of the time. On phats I use LMR100A and it works very well. I havent done any RGH2 yet though.

Skill Level
    none
    Thanks

With the trinity I find it easier to make a coil and place it to the left of the post out and use the alt clk and switch it from slim to phat all in all I get 9-15 second boot times 90% of the time. On phats I use LMR100A and it works very well. I havent done any RGH2 yet though.
    thanks for that information

what is your average boot times on phats?

Skill Level
    Flashing and fixing
    Thanks
    thanks for that information

what is your average boot times on phats?
    Most have been instant glitch using lmr100a if not instant they haven't been more than 3 glitches

BANNED
    Skill Level
    Modding
    Thanks

RGH 1: I have all phats down to insta glitch excluding xenon. Alt point for cpu_rst with 50ohm cable from xconsoles. Wire routing like stock tutorial. Have to bridge cap for jaspers and sometimes have to add 68nF 50V Ceramic Capacitor.

RGH 2: I have tried 3 falcons and all had same results. Would boot Xell instantly. Dashboard glitch was very inconsistent though. I got it to insta glitch dash like 3 times out of 100's of posts. I tried various variables from resistor values to wire placement/length. I reverted all 3 back to stock nand.

The Following User Says Thank You to bernzburnz For This Useful Post:

Skill Level
    none
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bernzburnz View Post
    RGH 1: I have all phats down to insta glitch excluding xenon. Alt point for cpu_rst with 50ohm cable from xconsoles. Wire routing like stock tutorial. Have to bridge cap for jaspers and sometimes have to add 68nF 50V Ceramic Capacitor.

RGH 2: I have tried 3 falcons and all had same results. Would boot Xell instantly. Dashboard glitch was very inconsistent though. I got it to insta glitch dash like 3 times out of 100's of posts. I tried various variables from resistor values to wire placement/length. I reverted all 3 back to stock nand.
    how are you bridging the cap ?

BANNED
    Skill Level
    Modding
    Thanks

Taking about bridging Rev B coolrunners on-board.

Skill Level
    Modding, Repairs and Selling
    Thanks

i was wondering if we could put together a sort of database of average boot times as i cant find one

Format:
    Boot TimeXell And Dash)
    Baord Type:
    Retail Dash Version:
    Glitch Chip:
    RGH1 or RGH2:
    Other: Standard or Alt Points/Wire type/Lengths
    i will try to help ..all based on my experience RGH-ing about 200 multiple consoles

Glitchboard : Coolrunner ver A and B (mixed)

* Xenon : Never had any
    * Zephyr : Never had any
    * Falcon : Any dash, average cold startup boot time : 5 secs (1 X blink) rarely 2X blink
    * Jasper : Any dash, average boot 5 secs, and some 2X blink, mostly with caps added and cap pad bridged (jumpered)
    * Slim : average 1 - 4 blinks (under 30secs)..mostly i have to switch to phat...then it gives me 2X blinks. Some slims need to have about 3cm in diameter (CPU_RST loop size) and some about 5cm in diameter..(i never cut the length of blue wire)
    All Gears of War 3 Limited edition console ie easier to glitch than standard slim...