3. Xbox Live Security Enhanced due to Modded Xbox Users
    By XboxSim in forum Xbox 360 Firmware Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 1st November 09, 01:27
  4. Xbox Live hits 1.5 million concurrent users
    By News Bot in forum Xbox 360 Firmware Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 6th January 09, 22:40
  5. plans for xbox live downloadable content for non live users?
    By anarchiest in forum Xbox 360 Firmware Support
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 13th May 07, 13:09
    Thanks

Protect mod users from XBOX Live.

How about you implement a feature that blocks outgoing tcp and udp requests/packets to XBOX Live servers. The game will act like its timing out... thus keeping the box from connecting to MS servers. I can give more info if needed.

Thanks
    Sounds like a good idea to me... assuming that you keep the console constantly connected to your broadband connection, that is :rolleyes:

Noob Account
    Thanks
    many people (such as me) keep it plugged into the network, which is always connected to the internet.

i guess it's just as easy to unplug the network cable, but this idea sounds cool

Noob Account
    Skill Level
    Linux
    Thanks
    Great idea mate.

I for one don't want my girlfriend having a go on my XBOX with the mod on, only to get me banned from XBLive.

Shouldn't be too difficult to implement either.

Thanks
    No.... its really not. Im glad you guys like it. Some kids were telling me on IRC that it was a waste of time. I personally dont want to accidentally get banned.

Noob Account
    Skill Level
    none
    Thanks

Maximus Toolbox Help please

Okay, Im sooo happy that Ive found the answer to the 0078fk nightmare, I thought I was going to freak when I opened up my box the other day and saw the infamous 78 drive. Ive been reading through the tuts and watched the video, but what is Slax 2.0? Ive done some light reading and looks like a linux based OS. Now if it is what do I do? Im running windows XP w/ on a motherboard w/ SATA ports, can I just install the toolbox and go, or do I have to run this Slax 2.0 and then install the toolbox? Just for giggles I tried to install the toolbox on my laptop at the hotel im staying at for the week just to get a feel for it and I get an error saying "Component MSCOMCTL.OCX or one of its dependencies not correctly registered a file missing or invalid". Now Im not linux expert, Ive had a little hands on w/ Ubontu thats about it. Please Help...

Xbox Master
    Thanks

Re: Maximus Toolbox Help please

You have to run the slax2 cd in order to force your drive to enter modeB. So, you boot the linux cd, which forces your drive into modeB, then you restart into windows and use the toolbox. This is very clearly stated in the readme that comes with the toolbox. Also, to use the toolbox, you will need the latest .net package.

Caster.

Noob Account
    Skill Level
    none
    Thanks

Thank you caster I appreciate your help. So as far as that error that I talked about, is that just because I do not have the drv hooked up?

Xbox Master
    Thanks

That error is because you don't have .NET Framework installed. .NET Framework is a set of libraries that developers can use when coding .NET-based programs. This way of doing things is much easier because you can use existing libraries instead of writing your own. This also means that any .NET programs will also require the .NET Framework as well. You can get it free from Microsoft.