1. [GENERAL] Will these drives work?
    By Gruntypants in forum Firmware 4 Noobs
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 22nd December 12, 02:29
  2. [USA] wanting dvd disc drives that are known to work
    By mdk187from270 in forum Request For Service Or Item
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 14th October 11, 22:21
  3. uniata, does it work with other drives?
    By hassan in forum Xbox 360 Firmware Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 30th September 09, 16:49
  4. DVD drives won't work in motherboard, how to fix...
    By xvanwilderx in forum Xbox 360 Case & Hardware Mods
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 15th August 09, 03:07
  5. The X360USB DOES NOT currently work for 78FK drives!
    By adamscybot in forum Xbox 360 Firmware Support
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 31st March 07, 20:50
    Skill Level
    ****ing shit up!!
    Thanks

2 different usb drives don't work..what does?

I have 2 different usb drives that I've tried numerous times to launch an xics script from...one is a "Lexar" (software secure, no switch), this usb "jump" drive is fatx formatted and recognized by unleashx, can transfer data to and from it with unleash's file explorer with no hassles whatsoever...the second one is a "Verbatim" again it came with software security but I deleted all of it...I have not formatted this drive to fatx as the x3 bios should recognize either format according to the readme's...Now at an average price of $30 for a decent size usb drive (512 mb)...it's getting fairly expensive "testing" these things...I've gone as far as to remove some of the # from the x3_script.ini from the bios.rar and get it to do something, but nothing...so I have to assume this is a pen drive issue and not a scripting issue...I'm running the 3294 bios...Is there a list of "working" pen drives that I've not found? I've read that you've tested about 60 or so and only came up with two none working...but what brand name drives have you "tested"?...thanks

Skill Level
    General Modding
    Thanks
    Does the pendrive have to be formatted using the M$ dash (where it formats for xbox?)

Skill Level
    case mods, installing mod chips, install of bigger hdd's w,w/o use of mod chip.
    Thanks

Re: 2 different usb drives don't work..what does?

what yoshould do is format it on the comp first. the pop it in e box and format once again. that solved my problem. witch was about the same as yours.

Skill Level
    Modding
    Thanks

Re: 2 different usb drives don't work..what does?

However, according to the docs, FAT32/16 is supported on the usb drive. I have tried so far on only one drive, it does have a switch on it so I wasn't sure if it would work or not, and, well, it didn't. I was wondering however, how are you guys connecting your usb drives? I just got the x3CP but haven't had the chance to install it yet, but I've been trying it using the MS Phantasy Star Online USB Keyboard adapters which worked when I was using keyboard/mouse in gentoox. I'm guessing that my script should work fine once I find the proper drive though...