Similar Threads

1. LT+ Firmware & AP25 FAQ - Unofficial Update
    By nonslim in forum Xbox 360 Firmware Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 14th March 11, 12:47
  2. Stock Firmware - spoofed drive - AP25?
    By mattjk88 in forum Xbox 360 Firmware Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 7th January 11, 18:20
  3. Trying to flash new firmware for 74850c to prevent AP25
    By Diablo0428 in forum Xbox 360 Firmware Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 3rd December 10, 09:07
  4. official firmware
    By Foxdie in forum The Noob Room
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 14th January 09, 20:39
  5. official firmware
    By Foxdie in forum The Noob Room
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11th January 09, 07:28
Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast
    Skill Level
    1337 h4x0r
    Thanks

LT+ Firmware & AP25 FAQ *OFFICIAL*

LT+ FAQ Updated – May 16th, 2011

ALWAYS USE THE LATEST VERSION OF LT+ (Currently the latest version is v1.1)

If I got anything wrong, please let me know. I’m a human and I make mistakes.

Q: What which version of the 360 does the LT+ flash work on?
    A: Xbox 360 FAT(original)

Q: Which drives does the LT+ flash work on?
    A: All Hitachi's, Benq & Liteon's (74850, 84850 v1 & v2, 94850) & 9504 Slim

Q: What about the other Xbox 360 Slims?
    A: They are being worked on. 9504 is already out and 0225 being released hopefully in May 2011.

Q: What about the Samsung drive?
    A: Samsung is reported not to have AP25 BUT some users have had issues booting AP25 games (we have found that some consoles have been repaired / refurbed with a Samsung drive by MS Official repair centers when the console was originally a Liteon - this could be causing issues - to those guys we suggest trying a Liteon drive - it may solve your problems - do this at your own risk we are simply giving the best advice possible) - so LT+ for these drives may be looked at after the Slim is done.

Q: Can I spoof a Benq or Liteon to be Hitachi or Samsung?
    A: Yes. But spoofing can be detected by XBL. If you are banned or not using or don't care about Live then yes you can spoof.

Q: Can I spoof a Benq or Liteon to a 360 Slim if I have the Slim's DVD Key ?
    A: Yes. But spoofing can be detected by XBL. If you are banned or not using or don't care about Live then yes you can spoof.

Q: Why do I need LT+?
    A: AP25 does not let you play certain backup games without updating your 360 to the latest dashboard (12611 or above). This new dashboard can then use AP25 to perform a number of new checks which stops AP25 games from booting and will flag your Xbox 360 for a ban on the next ban wave. If you update your dashboard and flash LT+ you can then use patched AP25 games and boot no problems and use XBL with no ban flag. Another protection in LT+ is if your game is not patched then you will simply get a black screen and you will have 3 minutes to eject the disc or turn the console of so you do not get flagged.

Q: Do I update straight to LT+ or do I need to change my fw version first?
    A: You can update to LT+ straight away from any firmware version.

Q: Do I need to update to LT+ before updating to the new Dashboard ?
    A: No, you can update to the new dashboard at anytime - just don't put a backup of an AP25 game unless you have LT+ firmware flashed to your drive as you will be flagged for a ban.

Q: What happens if I play on Xbox Live with LT+? Will I get banned?
    A: LT+ is designed to protect you, HOWEVER there is always a chance of getting banned. Microsoft may find a way to see that you’re playing backup games on your 360, but LT+ is solid and no one has been banned since the original LT firmware.

Q: How can I patch and burn my AP25 games ?
    A: Simply use ABGX360 v1.05 to patch your ISO then burn with IMGBURN. Simple.

Q: How do I know if a game has AP25?
    A: ABGX 1.05 will tell you There is one game that does not show as having AP25 and that is Fable III - but it DOES have it so must be patched.

Q: I have a different country version of a region free but the AP25 patch won't work.
    A: You have to use the same release as the patch is made for - this is why the group name is attached to the game. The XEX CRC's need to match. if it is region free it will work for you so just get that release. If you have a game like Fable III Spanish version then a separate AP25 patch is required and you would have to wait and see if that was ever released. At time of writing there is no public method on creating your own AP25 data for patches.

Q: People are telling me to use PPF-O-Matic v3 to patch games. Why aren't you?
    A: That was the first method released. ABGX360 1.04 now does it all for you if there is a patch available for your release. It does not do any harm to use PPF-O-MATIC method first - in fact it is a good way to check in ABGX if you have patched correctly.

Q: Can I patch an AP25 game to work on NON-LT+ fw?
    A: No. Do not ever put an AP25 backup game in a DVD drive UNLESS it has LT+ flashed to the DVD.

Q: I have seen a 3rd party patch for the LT+ from a guy called Maximus that enables the drive key to be read on 83850v2 and 93450 without having to do the MRA hack again - is this OK to use ?
    A: No - even though this patch works, it is garbage. There is a reason that particular patch was removed by C4E - it CAN be detected. It's C4E's firmware, you rely on what he says - not other people. ANY modified LT+ firmware will never be supported and can never be trusted. At the end of the day, if you flashed your drive you should save your drive key. If you didn't save it then that's your fault.

Q: I have a Hitachi 79 drive flashed with iXtreme 1.51, and I have not accepted the new dashboard from XBox Live. If I accept the new dashboard, can I play AP2.5 retail titles on the drive without fear of a ban?
    A: It is not recommended. You should update to LT+ for the Hitachi 78 / 79 drives

Q: I have a Hitachi 79 drive flashed with iXtreme 1.51, and I have not accepted the new dashboard from XBox Live. If I accept the new dashboard, can I continue to play non-AP2.5 backup games on my XBox without being flagged for a ban? I never play online with backups, nor do I even connect to Ethernet with a backup in my drive.
    A: You will probably be fine playing non-AP25 backup titles (as always there is no 100% guarantee, but I think you should be OK, but there is an LT+ firmware for Hitachi 78 / 79 so just use that) - however it makes absolutley no difference if you are connected to the net or not. The Xbox logs offline.

Q: LT v1.1 has "Improved PFI Support" - What does that mean ?
    A: On Writable media (our backups), the pfi data contains media specific information such as Media Code/Manufacturer ID and Media Product Revision number. Any requests via the console for this information is now redirected to the the PFI sector now at $04FB1D (360) or $0605FD (Xbox1), if it exists. If data is not present (as found with v3 backup) a separate embedded PFI is used for Xbox 360 and Xbox 1 backups. In layman's terms, improving support for pfi means more compatible media such as Arita therefore it saves you a lot of money when buying discs.

Q: I CAN'T GET AP25 GAMES TO BOOT - JUST A BLACK SCREEN
    A: YOU DO NOT HAVE THE CORRECT RELEASED ISO TO PATCH. IF YOU ARE IN SPANISH OR ITALIAN REGION TRYING TO PLAY A LOCAL FABLE 3 OR ACB RELEASE IT WONT WORK. YOU NEED TO USE THE EXACT RELEASE OF ISO WITH MATCHING XEX CRC'S - GET THAT FIRST AND THEN TEST.

Q: SOME AP25 GAMES WORK AND SOME DON'T. PATCHES ARE CORRECT - SO WHATS UP ?
    A: THE AP25 HACK IS VERY LASER INTENSIVE SO IF YOU HAVE A WEAK LASER OR POOR QUALITY MEDIA THEN YOU MAY GET PROBLEMS WITH SOME TITLES. FIRST TRY VERBATIMS AT 2.4X - IF THAT FAILS TRY POT TWEAKING AND/OR A NEW LASER.

More Drive / Firmware Helpful Info:

If you want to play on XBL and you want to use AP25 games it is VERY SIMPLE.

Your ORIGINAL system drive for LT+ has to be an Hitachi, Benq or Liteon. Samsungs do not have AP25 protection.

!!!!!! YOU CANNOT SPOOF LT+ TO ANY DIFFERENT DRIVE VERSIONS !!!!!! IT CAN BE DETECTED ON THE NEW DASH !!!!!!

If you have a Liteon original system - then you use a Liteon drive and flash it with Liteon LT+ and your original drive key (AP25 games must be patched)

If you have a Benq original system - then you use a Benq drive and flash it with Liteon LT+ and your original drive key (AP25 games must be patched)

If your original system is ORIGINALLY Samsung (not a refurb returned as a Samsung) then just use a Samsung drive flashed with LT v1.0. You can use the latest dashboard and you dont have to patch your AP25 games as the drive does not have AP25 built in.

Authors Notes:

When I talk about ABGX360, it’s version 1.05. I don’t take into consideration any of the previous versions. The latest version makes everything easier. If you have a question about previous versions, don’t ask me.

If I mention Team-Xecuter, I mean everyone that has a part in helping make firmware, software, hardware, etc… This includes the people at JungleFlasher as well as C4Eva and anyone else I don’t know about.

Do you have something to add? Message me and I will try to add/change it as soon as possible. Mods – edit and update this as often as you like.
    Last edited by herp_sherp_derp; 28th November 10 at 00:15.

The Following 266 Users Say Thank You to herp_sherp_derp For This Useful Post:

#1xbox360, --NR--, -SliPKnoT¬, 0vvlq8, 3NG1N33R, abzii, actiondanuk, aidan14, airforce1960, AllGood, al_pride, andregandolff, andresau91, AnimetaldeatH, arken, Artxx, axg275, baitboat, ballzsantana, bellomem, BGAMods, BigD31, bigO73, BladeIV, BlueFrame 2nd-L, bolux, Bravoman00, bulster, bzltyr40, carlnw1975, cbrownhack007, cisco007, clemsondavey, cmlz0, conie, Cooperjs1, crash_iam, ct64116, d34n0, Dante666, Darrka, david ford, davisoul, dazza2, DBTarmac, deadanime, DeathRul3z, dederz, derlycouto, dieginho, Don Of Halo, drake200sx, dreamcast79, drfinestpapi77, drinu, Drrafex, dru39, dstovall1019, dwarven, dynamix, element6643, elispop122003, elkilar, emolina1208, endoskeleton, evolutionqy7, extreme93, ez2iidx, fantas, firewire001, flealee, Fliize, fmacedo, FRANSWA, Gambler85, garageinc, garyz, gatoazul1979, gavara, GecHo, gentynha, georgebourne, Gigetto, giouat, glaukon, GodsSon07, Gogibyte, GonyX, Goodboy1, Gregoman, groneblack, hackmylife, Hagster1969, hamodwii, hapciustyle, Hazardous, HelplessAmoeba, henryr208, Hezam, hobbitnoob, humwerthuz, hundredproof, iMatt, ineedtoknow, ironmask, ItchyM, J2G, janigee, JAZUK123, jeff2380, jerebediah, jhard, Joellc2434, joeward1, JohnDoe710, JoinX, Jonas225, josephrouni, joycie840, jt415gz, juanguib, jumaat13, kagan27, kaliif, kane86, KarimHG, kevinsvm, kharlisson, kike_reloaded, kingmalawi, kiwi1hu, Kluak, knopix80, Koldfate, korabio, kosio, kukera, lacika1981, leeang16, lielais90, lil BLu3 SMuRF, lildee, lillysdaddy177, LiLRouD, limingg, Linoleum Knife, LipeSerena, LittleAuss, loukin, luisadn, LukeCrouch, M007P, MadOne_NL, magmaster, mal93, Manny6664, manowar ahmed, MarcusBlack, marshamods, mat1983, matt53, mauricejr3, MbTsM, Mcmodd, memad, metallica666, midge2011, miko62, mohass, mossman70, moxfalder, Mrclaret, MrMez, m_cymru, nagamin, nattyfish, Neo213, Nickelson, nimax, noliss, onurtorun, p1mpma57ah, pablosns11, part-timer, pek88, pipadee2010, playgame3, plorenzato, pmonium, pompons, prince4, ProGeoffrey, PwnUrAss, qeq_8, randallc, raptor700, razadon, relax2010, retinao, reyviet93, rico-ilha, ripalsanghani, rk7987, Rova66, rush68, Ryansta, samee, SAMMY816, Sander945, scaramonga, shirazjawed, sidocious, sigtec, silverfoxx1, SirAthos, smokie1313, smrkolin1, smuller81, snoop123, So.CalCat, sofaman, Spastican, stickman_147, stonehauler, STRATEGIZER, SuperiorX, swift-harley-d, talby71, taximan250, tbird2340, tesei, theplague, thinkmurphy, thomasjl86, tiki20, Tnigs1, tohr12, ToshiBah, trillomatto, TuffWoD, Twinbird, Tybalt005, UmerF, Unleashed_121, vasquez07, vidar77, VoiceDisguiser, vors1013, vwkyote, wackey, walsallboyz, wamo1, weedpoppin, WiliuzUk, x1999x, Xardras, xbox360mod, xboxerSlim, xecut360, xela1bg, xxirishxx, XxXBaltarXxX, Zaf320, zip09, Zocheyado, zolaa7

Skill Level
    Elite
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,563 Times in 1,571 Posts

Re: FAQs about LT+

Thanks and I have edited the document to be more accurate and made it a sticky
    PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE POSTING HERE

Skill Level
    1337 h4x0r
    Thanks

Re: FAQs about LT+

Quote Originally Posted by Xecuter View Post
    Thanks and I have edited the document to be more accurate and made it a sticky
    I must say you did a great job explaining what I could not, being more specific where needed, and formatting everything. Thanks for going through such great lengths to help everyone else.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to herp_sherp_derp For This Useful Post:

Skill Level
    Elite
    Thanks

Re: LT+ Firmware FAQ *OFFICIAL*

Thank YOU for your contribution !

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Xecuter For This Useful Post:

Noob Account
    Skill Level
    Trying to be the best I can be
    Thanks

I have to ask this before I update, I lost my orig .OFW to my lite-ons, BUT I had my #s and I made a back up of it and it loads as CFW is that ok before I flash? thanks in advance

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jaydre For This Useful Post:

Skill Level
    Elite
    Thanks

all you need is your drive key. thats it !

so just load the CFW - and save the key.bin for future ref.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Xecuter For This Useful Post:

Skill Level
    Doctor
    Thanks

Hey all, Thanks in advance for all your support. Although i didn't get the chance to try it yet.
    Xecuter Ur the most person arround, PLease can i get a direct Answer, i already did post on a different thread, no1 answered me clearly

Before i do or say anything, i got A BANNED XBOX 360 (NOT INTERESTED IN PLAYING ONLINE) that has the latest DashBoard Installed From Microsoft using a USB, I Didn't Know That i had a DVD ROM MODEL TS-H943A MS28 TILL NOW !! first time i try to open my xbox at home.
    I believe it had ixtreme 1.5 or 1.6
    And I Dont care To play online, Cuz i dont have internet on that Console Plus Im Banned.

The Question Is, Some threads were showing and explaining that My DVD rom wont have problems Running the new games? Is it true or wrong, or i have to patch the games?
    Cuz i did try that it didnt work any special way for doing it? or at least an advice?

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dr.Dango For This Useful Post:

Noob Account
    Skill Level
    Trying to be the best I can be
    Thanks

Xecuter BRo u ROCK!! You're seriously A GOD!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jaydre For This Useful Post:

Skill Level
    nothing
    Thanks

xecuter i have xbox360 slim spoofed with lite on drive i want to play ap2.5 games i dont want to play online. i am talking about offline gaming . so can i use LT+ with new dashboard ? for god sake i need simple answer plz
    Last edited by ryuji; 27th November 10 at 10:53.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ryuji For This Useful Post:

Skill Level
    Banter
    Thanks

thnx for this guide it was very helpful.
    Last edited by MuMu.; 27th November 10 at 18:35.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MuMu. For This Useful Post:

Skill Level
    Modding, Gaming
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,123 Times in 2,700 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ryuji View Post
    xecuter i have xbox360 slim spoofed with lite on drive i want to play ap2.5 games i dont want to play online. i am talking about offline gaming . so can i use LT+ with new dashboard ? for god sake i need simple answer plz
    the answer is yes - if you read the FAQ then you'd know the answer already

Q: Can I spoof a Benq or Liteon to be Hitachi or Samsung?
    A: Spoofing can be detected by XBL. If you are banned or not using or don't care Live then yes you can spoof.
    however whats all this "for gods sake" crap ? asking questions like an asshole gets you no where buddy.

Skill Level
    Modding, Gaming
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Dango View Post
    Hey all, Thanks in advance for all your support. Although i didn't get the chance to try it yet.
    Xecuter Ur the most person arround, PLease can i get a direct Answer, i already did post on a different thread, no1 answered me clearly

Before i do or say anything, i got A BANNED XBOX 360 (NOT INTERESTED IN PLAYING ONLINE) that has the latest DashBoard Installed From Microsoft using a USB, I Didn't Know That i had a DVD ROM MODEL TS-H943A MS28 TILL NOW !! first time i try to open my xbox at home.
    I believe it had ixtreme 1.5 or 1.6
    And I Dont care To play online, Cuz i dont have internet on that Console Plus Im Banned.

The Question Is, Some threads were showing and explaining that My DVD rom wont have problems Running the new games? Is it true or wrong, or i have to patch the games?
    Cuz i did try that it didnt work any special way for doing it? or at least an advice?
    You need to flash Samsung LT v1.0 first of all - thats the latest for Samsung - lots of new features and fixes.

Its very easy to do - there are video tutorials and step by step guides in the tutorials forum.

You SHOULD be able to play AP25 games with that drive - try it out and see.

Noob Account
    Skill Level
    Lol bbq
    Thanks

I have kinda the same problem as Dr. Dango. I have a PAL samsung drive (an MS28 I think, it's been quite a while since I flashed it), flashed with iExtreme 1.6 I think. I've gotten banned from live so that's no worry, hence I've been using the 360 Waves Patcher to play wave 4 games.

I've played Fable 3 patched to wave 3 without a problem but when trying to play Need For Speed patched to wave 3(which gave me a warning that the wave of this game was unknown and so on) I first get the dashboard update, which I accept and it tells me it fails but it's updated anyway. Trying to play the game again after that only tells me to update again. Guessing this is normal?

Anyway, my question is, though I saw the "
    Q: Can I patch an AP25 game to work on NON-LT+ fw?
    A: No. Do not ever put an AP25 backup game in a DVD drive UNLESS it has LT+ flashed to the DVD."
    is it technically possible for a patcher from AP25 to wave 3 to happen?

Skill Level
    Modding, Gaming
    Thanks

so just flash to LT v1.0 so you dont have to do any lame wave patching.....this has been out for almost a year now.....

The Following User Says Thank You to Ubergeek For This Useful Post:

Noob Account
    Skill Level
    Lol bbq
    Thanks

Thanks for a wonderful answer. >_> Ye it has, but I'm patching to avoid the whole deal of flashing. Last time I ordered a via-card it was DOA and ruined a friends xbox. Which is why I cba to flash.

Noob Account
    Skill Level
    Modding Firmware
    Thanks

I am trying to help my brother flash his ixtreme 1.6 liteon 360 and I'm wondering do I need to update the ixtreme to LT 1.1 before updating to LT+ or can I just make a quick update? Also do I need to have the new kinect firmware installed in order to flash to LT+ or can I just flash his 360 to LT+ and play AP25 games. For reference he doesn't care about getting online just being able to play AP25 games.

Skill Level
    Flash/Repair
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rookenstein View Post
    I am trying to help my brother flash his ixtreme 1.6 liteon 360 and I'm wondering do I need to update the ixtreme to LT 1.1 before updating to LT+ or can I just make a quick update? Also do I need to have the new kinect firmware installed in order to flash to LT+ or can I just flash his 360 to LT+ and play AP25 games. For reference he doesn't care about getting online just being able to play AP25 games.
    Just update to LT+ and no you dont need to have the dash

The Following User Says Thank You to Chris2404 For This Useful Post:

Noob Account
    Skill Level
    Modding Firmware
    Thanks

Thank you so much, I know they're dumb questions but I haven't been able to find any answers so thanks again.

Skill Level
    Modding, Gaming
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rookenstein View Post
    I'm curious, What do you mean that you couldn't find the answers? This was answered in the FAQ that is this very thread that you replied in - did you even read it ?

Q: Do I update straight to LT+ or do I need to change my fw version first?
    A: You can update to LT+ straight away from any firmware version.

Q: Do I need to update to LT+ before updating to the new Dashboard ?
    A: No, you can update to the new dashboard at anytime - just don't put a backup of an AP25 game unless you have LT+ firmware flashed to your drive as you will be flagged for a ban.

Noob Account
    Skill Level
    Gaming :P
    Thanks

Hello. First time I'm posting around here, so please forgive me if this is the wrong place.

I've had someone upgrade my 360 to LT+, but because there's been a lot of reporting people to the police in my city I don't even have the guy's phone number. It was all done by a proxy who I can't talk to until Monday. So I'm asking here about my problem.

So: I have LT+ on my BenQ drive. I've been given a DVD with something called "jungleflasher", I think it's the log files. I've patched my RF AC: Brotherhood back-up iso (ABGX 1.0.4 tells me "AP25 replay sector is currently verified). Using the "Assassins.Creed.Brotherhood.XBOX360-GLoBAL" release. Burned it with ImgBurn to an Emtec DVD+R DL, with layerbreak set to 1913760.

When I try to boot the game up, all I get is a black screen and full lockup (home button doesn't work) like if I did something wrong. Did I? Is it a case of faulty flashing, or should I try another release of the game? Any tips?

Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast