1. Zone of the Enders HD Collection compared to source material
    By tattsme in forum Xbox 360 Game News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 2nd November 12, 04:40
  2. Xbox division earnings down 1% compared to last year
    By tattsme in forum Xbox 360 Game News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 19th October 12, 00:10
  3. [GENERAL] Question regarding difficulty of flashing 360 slims compared to phats
    By Ezio Auditore in forum The Noob Room
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 28th March 12, 01:59
  4. How much faster is VAD6038 8x compared to 16x?
    By sigjanu in forum Xbox 360 Firmware Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 7th April 10, 03:46
  5. X3 compared to SmartXX
    By MrMod in forum Xecuter 3 Help & Support
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 30th June 09, 22:07

installing magic compared to xecuter2

i installed my xecuter 2 and got very curious in wanting to install a mod chip for a ps2 such as magic 3.5. i was wondering how much harder it was to install compared to xecuter 2 lite?

Skill Level
    Xecuter Chips
    Thanks
    I have done a plethora of ps2's in the last year and a half... I will tell you right off the bat that it completely depends on the version of your ps2.

But they ARE more complicated to mod than the xBox. Solder points are much smaller and the ps2 pcb's are multilayered. If you overheat a multilayered pcb, its game over. On top of that, you have to solder a minimum (more depending on version) of 4 kaynar wires to the actual smd ps2 bios chip.

Having said that, the 3.5 is only 9 wires (I think) because of the bios clip. So that's not too bad. But the bios clip sux and slips off sometimes, so I always steer people towards the 3.1 or messiah2.

Thanks

Flash Using a External USB H/Drive

Hi,does anyone know if its possible to flash a m25 drive using a External USB H/drive on my PC..?? Flashing using the super tutorial by TEXTBOOK..following the " Flashing Your Drive (USB)" option...

Cheers..
    2CanChew..

Thanks

Re: Flash Using a External USB H/Drive

Quote Originally Posted by 2canChew
    Hi,does anyone know if its possible to flash a m25 drive using a External USB H/drive on my PC..?? Flashing using the super tutorial by TEXTBOOK..following the " Flashing Your Drive (USB)" option...

Cheers..
    2CanChew..
    D`oh!! I`ll answer my own question... :lol:

I`ve spent the last 8+ Hours attempting to flash my sam-25 Drive..First I managed to Kill my USB Flash Pen ops: I then tried to setup a partition on my Maxtor External Usb H/drive and used the `Xtreme Boot Maker` to setup the required files on that partition Following Textbooks tutorial--section Flashing Your Drive NTFS4Dos..to cut a long story short I found out I couldn`t use my External USB H/drive as a USB FlashPen...total Noob.. ops: I just set a partition on my C: Drive(Main H/Drive in pc) changed its SATA connection over to SATA2 which allowed me to Hookup my 360`s Drive to SATA1 on my M/board...I can now confirm that the Asus K8V Deluxe Motherboard Chipset VIA VT8383/5 Apollo K8T800(M), AMD Hammer (2 CPU)2 is ok to Flash Samsung-25 Drives..

Thanks Textbook for the tutorial...
    A BIG THANKYOU to all on this forum for all the infomation posted..

Cheers..
    2CanChew Backups2.. :lol:

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.