Similar Threads

1. LT Clip & LT Switch v2 & 74850 LiteOn
    By risobp in forum Xecuter LT Clip
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 24th February 11, 11:28
  2. LiteOn and LT CLIP & LT Switch v2 help!
    By tieno in forum Xecuter LT Clip
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 5th January 11, 12:37
  3. Liteon 83850c v2 Blaster CK3 + LT Clip + LT Switch v2?
    By ddemonx in forum Xecuter CK3 Pro / CK3 Lite
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 31st October 10, 08:15
  4. [ANSWERED] liteon 93450 with lt switch v2+lt clip...not going into vendor mode
    By faidh123 in forum Xbox 360 Firmware Support
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 27th August 10, 17:27
  5. liteon 7xxxc with the use of lt clip/ switch ???
    By rroddr in forum Xecuter LT Clip
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 8th August 10, 05:43
    Noob Account
    Skill Level
    unknown
    Thanks

Need help reflashing liteon with switch/clip

This is my third time flashing my liteon 9****. I have always used dosflasher to extract my firmware and flash the new firmware on. This time I can not even get dosflash to see my drive let alone get it to vendor mode. I can no longer find a tut for this either. This is how I remember doing it. Plug my drive into my via raid card with no drivers. Plug the power into my xbox. Turn xbox on with the switch set to mra and 18. I think I always opened dosflasher at this point and it would come up and say something like do you want me to keep sending command. I say yes and switch my drive to normal and everything would work. But ive tried new sata cable, turning on in normal, switching the switch to normal before i open dosflash, even using jungleflasher to send the intro mode at various times. Ive been looking online and trying different things for the past hour and a half and I have run out of ideas except for throwing my xbox at the wall. It plays games and movies fine, I just want to upgrade from lt 2.0 to lt 3.0 so I can play my xgd3 games again after the silent update. Any help would be greatly appreciated even just point me to a tut for jungle flasher with the switch because the only thing i can find is shit to do with probes. Or better yet would be a tut for dosflash and the switch like i used to have cuz i could never get jungleflash to see my drive b4.

Skill Level
    Hardware diagnostics and modchip troubleshooting
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,839 Times in 7,276 Posts

Re: Need help reflashing liteon with switch/clip

It's not hard - if you have the dummy.bin for your drive you only need to erase the drive firmware and reflash. The JF tutorials tell you to do this too. You don't need to mess with the switch at all.

Noob Account
    Skill Level
    unknown
    Thanks

Ive never used a dummy.bin. I have my original firmware. Also the main problem I am having is that neither jungleflasher or dosflah even act like a drive is connected. Ive always had little problems with getting into vendor mode but never a problem with dosflash not even seeing the drive. So do I just select the port and click liteon erase even though it says there is nothing connected. And create a frimware using my original and lt+ 3.0. Then try to write it to the port that shows that nothing is connected.
    PS I think I have the original and the post updated original when xbox live flashed everyones drives.

Skill Level
    Thanks

" So do I just select the port and click liteon erase even though it says there is nothing connected"

Yep. Once erased, you should be able to get it into Vendor mode and update the firmware. Use your OFW as source.

The Following User Says Thank You to Martin C For This Useful Post:

Noob Account
    Skill Level
    unknown
    Thanks

Thank You for replying quickly. I will try this when I get home from all my christmases I have to go to. I will post after I try it and let you know if I could get it to work or if I need more help.

Noob Account
    Skill Level
    unknown
    Thanks

OK ive been trying it and it is not working. At one point I got it to say vendor mode but it would not let me write cause it says unkown drive. I kept trying it and now it just fails on everything. I havent tried seeing if the firmware is still there. what should i do now? it dosent get any drive properties it just says drive is in vendor mode but wont let me do anything and when i try to send the intro command after it comes back with the status 0xFF again. Ok i just hooked it up to my tv and my firmware did erase i get a e 64 error so please help me i now wish i just would have let 2.0 on there and did the title update trick to play my xgd3 backups
    ps i am able to get it into vendor mode if i keep trying but it never gives me drive properties so when i click write it say unknown flash type and wont flash it
    Last edited by shane3673; 26th December 11 at 09:23.

Skill Level
    Thanks

Leave your switch in the normal position at all times and just erase/write the drive as per the tutorials.

The Following User Says Thank You to Martin C For This Useful Post:

Noob Account
    Skill Level
    unknown
    Thanks

Thanks it finally worked. I got up yesterday and did the same thing as the night before and it worked first try.

Skill Level
    Thanks

Cool - glad you got it sorted!