5. [GENERAL] xFan without xDrive
    By silkaiv in forum Xecuter xDRIVE 360 / xDRIVE Plus / xFAN
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 17th July 11, 21:49
    Skill Level
    all
    Thanks

xDrive Plus w/ xFan problems

Sorry, I know there were a few other threads, old and new, with other people having issues with their xdrive (I have replied to a couple), but ModChipCentral told me to make a new thread. Not sure if that is their way to provide me with support of their own, but on to my issues...

I have two xboxes so I ordered 2 xdrives with xfans and neither of them work. Everytime it is hooked to the xdrive, my drive will not read the disc, it just keeps giving me the "Open Tray" error, but if I connect my drive back into the xbox it works perfect!

I have done some troubleshooting of my own and when i hook everything up to the xdrive EXCEPT the SATA cable that is hooked to the SATA exchange unit (I plug the SATA cable directly to the xdrive instead), everything works perfect. So that leads me to believe that it is either the SATA exchange unit that is bad or faulty, or the SATA connections from the connection module to the xdrive. Also BOTH 90 degree to 180 degree SATA cables do not work out of the box, and i have tested those on a couple different devices that I have to confirm it.

All I want is a working device, what should I do Team Xecuter?

Skill Level
    Repairs, custom cases and Jtaging
    Thanks

Re: xDrive Plus w/ xFan problems

Check the wires out man. I found that they pull out easily. I had problems with the black wire on the bottom most. Every time I plugged it in the wire would push out of its socket.

I had one fail on me. Same issue. The drive just wouldn't read games in the external kit. Worked fine inside the console but not outside. I just unhooked it all and hooked it all up again making sure to press the wires firmly in not just the plug. A few weeks went by and it started doing it again but this time I replaced the sata cable for the chip inside the xbox and got it working again. Yet again just a few days go by and its not working again. This time I couldn't get it working. I contacted the reseller I got it from (Xconsoles) and they promptly replaced it as it was still under warranty.

My replacement unit gave me a little trouble when I first hooked it up. Again I just made sure everything was plugged in all the way and it worked.

On a side note another issue I have had with both my Xdrive + Xfan kits is occasionally when I turn it on it sounds like the fan in the Xdrive is locking up. Loud horrible Growling sound coming from it. This is on two (2) kits in a row. This time I unhooked the fan in the Xdrive and haven't heard it since.

Ow and I also had to replace the Sata inside the Xdrive when I first got the first kit.

Dont get me wrong. I really like this kit. It looks great and as far as cooling the GPU its the best option on the market, but there does seem to be some issues with the product.
    Last edited by keil423; 22nd February 12 at 03:29.

Skill Level
    all
    Thanks
    Yeah at first I thought it was me,even though I have a lot of experience with this kind of stuff, but after about the 4th or 5th time on the first unit I knew it wasn't me anymore. Collectively between both my units, I probably tried to reinstall 15 times.

HTC EVO 4G with Tapatalk

Skill Level
    all
    Thanks
    On a side note, modchipcentral said they would exchange the units but I'm not sure of their terms. They also gave me the option to return, but I want to try new units to see if it will work.

HTC EVO 4G with Tapatalk