1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 16th November 12, 05:10
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 19th July 12, 07:28
  3. Open Tray/Disc Read Error
    By vinnymac in forum The Noob Room
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 9th April 12, 19:38
  4. [SAMSUNG MS28] Won't read ANY Disc after update!!!
    By ThaXecuter in forum Xbox 360 Firmware Support
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 28th May 11, 23:22
  5. [ANSWERED] Unable to Read AP2.5 Update 13146
    By kill_seth in forum Xbox 360 Firmware Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 27th May 11, 05:23
    Skill Level
    Flashing Xbox 360's
    Thanks

Disc tray cannot read after 13146 update

Hello this problem started quite a while ago back when the 13146 update first came out.

When the new update came out my drive somehow got rendered useless for reading games.

Before going to the new firmware 13146 i flashed to stock then flashed to 13146. My drive then no longer played discs. Backups, originals, and cd's. I have yet to try movies.

I initially thought this had something to do with the new firmware but was not somewhat concerned as I was not banned from XBL and I could still log on and play arcade games and be in parties, hulu, netflix etc.

After LT 3.0 I never got around to flashing it until now, and still I find this problem. Im very unsure as to what would cause this. Switched out dvd drives (unsoldered the pcb and soldered on to the new drive). Tryed reflashing to the OFW before LT 3.0 then reflash to LT 3.0 again and still nothing. Im beginning to become stumped. I just want to play my backups and keep the originals in a high place away from children.

For reference. This is a liteon drive
    Original 93450C or 02150 after 13146

Replacement was a 74850C (Which shouldnt matter because the pcb's were switched). This drive was refurbished off ebay.

I will try to resolder the joints just to be sure. But I am not sure this will fix it as the drive was rendered useless after 13146 not before.

P.s. I dont find myself a noob, but not expert, but my account is too new (post count, sorry) to post elsewhere.

Any help would be welcomed, i tried to search the forums but I couldnt find anyone with the same situation.

Also I did not spoof the replacements with the old key because I do not have the PMT probe, I only have a spear from maximum (very old, forgive my error in buying from maximus). Tryed to do half tray, and probe the r707 point with the maximus spear but no dice.
    Last edited by Rockzwell; 26th March 12 at 01:00.

Skill Level
    Reading
    Thanks

Re: Disc tray cannot read after 13146 update

Did you spoof source to target when flashing your dvd drive to copy over your dvd key? Try updating with a usb stick.

Skill Level
    Flashing Xbox 360's
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Coleman View Post
    Did you spoof source to target when flashing your dvd drive to copy over your dvd key? Try updating with a usb stick.
    Yes I double checked the dvd key was spoofed from source to target.

To update using the usb stick I assume you are you referring to http://team-xecuter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66372 .

I would gladly try this but just wondering which dash your referring to flash it to? the 13599 on the page, 14719 (most recent dash ver.), or ?

Sorry for the questions just want to be thorough in my troubleshooting

Skill Level
    Reading
    Thanks
    The 13146 system update returned your drive to stock firmware so that's why you couldn't read backups. You can update to 14719 if you wish. Whenever you had the drive open is it possible a ribbon cable came unplugged?

Skill Level
    RGH,soldering, Console repair
    Thanks

Won't play backups, originals. What does it say when games won't boot?

Skill Level
    Flashing Xbox 360's
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rome 16:16 View Post
    Won't play backups, originals. What does it say when games won't boot?
    Thats whats getting me. Usually it says something so you work off that. It does not say anything.

Example: I open disc tray, place orig/backup/cd in tray, close tray. ***laser reads game*** Nothing happens.

Game is not read, the tray status on dash reverts back to "Open tray" when it is done with "Reading" status.

Skill Level
    repair & modding
    Thanks

Hi.
    Open tray usually happens when the laser cant read the disc.
    Check to make sure all the cables & wires are correctly positioned.
    Try the drives in another console to see of they work
    Maybe the drive you got from ebay was also faulty if all the cables are ok then it may be worth replacing the laser.

Skill Level
    Flashing Xbox 360's
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by daftdog198 View Post
    Hi.
    Open tray usually happens when the laser cant read the disc.
    Check to make sure all the cables & wires are correctly positioned.
    Try the drives in another console to see of they work
    Maybe the drive you got from ebay was also faulty if all the cables are ok then it may be worth replacing the laser.
    I assumed that the hardware also may be an issue but when swapping the boards I was thinking that would of been resolved. If it did come to it, hoping it doesn't I could replace the laser.

The replacement liteon was initially bought for doing my 0800 backups but never got around to flashing 0800 on the liteon. I just recently swapped the PCB's for this project alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Coleman View Post
    The 13146 system update returned your drive to stock firmware so that's why you couldn't read backups. You can update to 14719 if you wish. Whenever you had the drive open is it possible a ribbon cable came unplugged?
    After the 13146 I could not play originals as well. Yes the ribbon cables were unplugged when updating the firmware I plugged them back in when putting the drive back together.

Also I'll just update to the 13599 linked to the page, then hopefully XBL will prompt the new 14719 dash, then dump OFW from new 14719 then reflash to lt 3.0

Retirement ends soon
    Skill Level
    RGH/R-JTAG installs, DEMON installs, minor trace reapirs, NAND replace, etc..
    Thanks

Odd that it happened after the update but it sure sounds like a bad lens to me. They are easy to replace and cheap if you get one from eBay.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1 0 2 2 = E74
    (1 x 64) + (0 x 16) + (2 x 4) + (2 x 1) = 74

Skill Level
    Modding
    Thanks

Yeah, bad laser or stuck laser most likely. Out of curiosity, check the power cable for a wire that may have popped out of the crimp. One box I worked on had a loose wire so I re-crimped a new 2mm pin on it. If you don't have the crimper/pins, just solder the wire on the pin.

Most likely its the laser though, you could probably try the pot tweak and if that works, get a replacement laser cause that one will die soon.

Skill Level
    rgh,DN,flash and repair
    Thanks

you can flash again to a stock fw (02150 that have in fw pack) and see what happend. It's only a try and have no cost
    Please thanks if I helped you

Skill Level
    Drive flashing
    Thanks

Sounds like a laser issue, they are cheap enough and easy enough to replace

Skill Level
    Reading
    Thanks
    I just picked up a slim with the same problem as you. Turns out its a bad laser. Check here. http://team-xecuter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84458 bought a new laser from vgcrepairs for $13

Skill Level
    Flashing, RGH/Jtag, RROD repair
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rockzwell View Post
    Also I did not spoof the replacements with the old key because I do not have the PMT probe, I only have a spear from maximum (very old, forgive my error in buying from maximus). Tryed to do half tray, and probe the r707 point with the maximus spear but no dice.
    What do you mean you did not spoof the replacment with the old key.

because that's exactly what you should do load your dummy as source LT 3.0 0251 as target and spoof your key to target.

Then write that. Don't forget to outro

Why did you put your board in the replacement drive?

Skill Level
    Software/Database
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Krafter View Post
    Odd that it happened after the update but it sure sounds like a bad lens to me. They are easy to replace and cheap if you get one from eBay.
    There are people that swear that when flashing a Lite-On, you should always detach the ribbon cable as the flashing process can burn out the laser. This has never happened to me, but I have heard it many times before. I cannot imagine MS was able to avoid this completely. Call BS if you want, but I have never taken the chance and ALWAYS remove my ribbon cable when flashing (even if it is through a dash update)

The only other thing I can think of is that when you flashed back to stock before updating, you flashed the wrong key. I have noticed on the newer dash updates, when a drive key does not match, it no longer gives me the "Play DVD" message (this is working from my Xenon without a DVD key).

Retirement ends soon
    Skill Level
    RGH/R-JTAG installs, DEMON installs, minor trace reapirs, NAND replace, etc..
    Thanks
    Maybe its a matter of probing the wrong place on the drive by accident and taking out the laser?

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk