By 3jams in forum Xbox 360 Firmware Support
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 30th November 05, 07:10
    Skill Level
    Component Level Repair
    Thanks

MOSFET - Source for replacements

Evening all,

Does anyone have a source (preferably in the UK) for replacement MOSFETs other than old/discarded boards that they could share?

I need x2 of 090N03L or suitable replacement for a falcon and I'm currently struggling in my trawling.

The two I currently have read 090N03L, GAL723, R as per here which is an image of the discussed.

Thanks in advance all.

Skill Level
    Component Level Repair
    Thanks

Re: MOSFET - Source for replacements

I've found this from looking at the datasheet (link to which is on the linked page) if anyone could comment on it.

Skill Level
    Component Level Repair
    Thanks

I've been advised to go for this by farnell but I'm not wholly confident in their advice. If any of you have any experience or suggestions regarding the above it would be greatly appreciated, for now I'm calling it a night! Cheers

Skill Level
    Component Level Repair
    Thanks

Sorry to bug, can anyone offer any help? Thanks

Skill Level
    Component Level Repair
    Thanks

Just ordered 18 of these and other cheap things (minimum order of 20 ex VAT for credit/debit cards!), I'll post back if they work, according to the data sheet they will, hopefully it may help some other people too. If they do I don't mind selling the remainer for cost + postage or do a swap for a REV C CR if that takes anyones fancy (gotta try!).
    Last edited by cicero44bc; 11th May 12 at 15:42.

Skill Level
    Component Level Repair
    Thanks

SUCCESS! They arrived yesterday (delay was because the were apparently flown from Belgium) and I started by replacing the MOSFET nearest the CPU as several posts I trawled through suggested and luckily for me that was all that was needed.

I appreciate this is not news and that this forum is for TX products, hopefully this is ok going in this area of the forums and may help some other people, here's some pics for those that are interested.

They arrived in a strip

MOSFET removed ( use flux! You can see the other fluxed, ready to go if it needs to go too). One thing to note here for those that are not familiar with MOSFETs is that the top edge (drain) actually covers the whole of the under side of the MOSFET, not just the top which is why the pad is so large and you must use a high wattage tool, I used a soldering gun, a reflow station would work or small hot air gun.

Fluxed the replacement MOSFET and ready to go

I'll add more to this post and tidy it up when I get home (appologies in the mean time), I've come round to the in laws for tea and am currently working across an awful connection and logmein session and I'm receiving the hard time to be expected for 'being anti-social' so I'm off now so I can be!

I'll write more about the number of problems this MOSFET was causing too as it was very similar to a number of other posts I've seen; Intermittent Power, dead console , hanging and errors dumping and writing nand. To be continued!

The Following User Says Thank You to cicero44bc For This Useful Post:

SCAMMER
    Skill Level
    Bending you over a barrel
    Thanks

I just wanted to come in and thank you for posting this whole thing, including your research and final success. I'm going to track down a US source for those mosfets and order myself a half-reel or something now, knowing there's a compatible and current replacement out there. Have at least three no-power boards with tested-bad mosfets, so this may be just the trick to fix 'em up without cannibalizing other boards.