Replies: 14
    Last Post: 30th April 07, 08:36
  5. Feature Request.
    By VooD in forum Xecuter 2.6 (X2.6)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 22nd April 05, 02:56

Thread: Feature request

Feature request

Let me start by saying that I think neXgen is great and has the potential to become the ultimate xbox dash.

A feature that I would really like to see implemented is the ability to defrag the hard dive, arranging the files by directory structure. It would likely also be necessary to include temperature monitoring on CPU and maybe on HDD (via S.M.A.R.T.?) and have the xbox pause the defrag process if it becomes too hot. I am interested in this feature because I am constantly moving, copying and swapping files around and performace is really taking a hit from it.
    I am aware that this process would likely take a long time to do on a large drive, especially if the xbox has to pause periodically because of temperatures. That is not a problem for me, as I would just leave it running over night or when I'm not home.

you guys rule!
    thanx.

Noob Account
    Thanks

Ok Im stuck now.

Okay I just installed a Blaster 360, powered it up and everything is fine now no flashing or whatever. What do I do now? How do I go about playing backups? I have the dvd burner and the dvd dl's. What do I do now to the Xbox with that mod on? Help please!

Xbox Master
    Skill Level
    Very high
    Thanks

Re: Ok Im stuck now.

Just like I told you in IRC earlier today, you need to read the tutorial. You're not stuck, you're just unwilling to read the tutorial.

Noob Account
    Thanks

I wasnt in IRC lol, can you at least direct me to the right tutorial? Because I dont know which is right for my Blaster 360.

Xbox Master
    Skill Level
    Very high
    Thanks

Hmmm...very strange that 2 people are asking the exact same question about the Blaster maybe 30 minutes apart then. And wording the question in exactly the same way too! lol

You should follow Textbook's tutorial, the only difference is you plug into the Blaster instead of opening the 360.

Thanks

Yes, follow Textbooks tutorial or check out Team Xecuters website for guides etc. I have used the Blaster360 following Textbooks tutorial fine. The blaster eliminates the need to power on/off the 360 as you put the power into the blaster itself which then powers the DVD drive to enable you to flash it.

From what you've said I think you may be confused as to the use of the Blaster360. You still need to flash the DVD drive in your console with the iXtreme firmware! Just because you have the Blaster360 installed doesn't mean you can play backups on that basis alone. The blaster is just another method of flashing the DVD drive in your Xbox360.

The blaster 360 is just a different version of one of their conectivity kits. But it is external (& looks pretty, lol) so you don't have to take the console apart every time you wanna flash or update your drive.

Read, study & then follow Textbooks tutorial & you should get along just fine.

Where the tutorial says power off the 360, all you have to do is flip power switch on the Blaster360 to off and visa versa.

Instead of plugging the SATA cable from your PC into your DVD drive directly you simply plug it into the Blaster360's SATA port. etc etc

Although I have given slightly more info I still have to agree with bigd23 completely, you obviously haven't done any reading yourself, all the info you need is out there, just need to put a little time in dude.

Thanks

Here you go as a starter, Textbooks tutorial:

http://www.360mods.net/Downloads/get=61.html

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.