Last Post: 16th December 10, 14:17
  3. "No VIA Ports were Found" in Jungle Flasher
    By PredatorDuzWork in forum Xbox 360 Firmware Support
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 21st July 10, 13:39
  4. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 18th April 09, 16:22
  5. "Xbox Live Not Found" Message...
    By ChrisSampson in forum Xecuter 2.6 (X2.6)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 24th August 05, 23:10
    Noob Account
    Skill Level
    -
    Thanks

Jungleflash freezes when it loads. Got "no via ports were found, no no message.

Ok heres the run down:

Im trying to flash my LiteOn drive.

Using the Xecuter Connectivity Kit V3 with Probe connected to my onboard Sata port.

My motherboard is an Intel DP965LT. Looking at the documentation it mentions it can use Legacy as an option.

Heres the spec:
    http://sunsite.rediris.es/pub/mirror...D5601701US.pdf (look at bottom of Pg 23)

I have installed both the Xecuter USB drivers and PortIO as directed on the Xecuter website.

I have followed the instructions on the Xecuter website to attach the kit to the drive but i have encountered the following problems:

1. I ejected the drive, then pushed it in by hand so it was half way in. However on the Xecuter page it says the light should go blue, but it stays red for me.

2. On launching JungleFlasher I got the error message "no via ports were found". When quiting the error message, my system freezes.

I looked in my windows/system32/drivers folder and removed the only via driver i could see called 'viaagp.sys'
    and also tried restarting the machine with the xecuter kit turned on.

This resulted in Jungleflasher freezing when it starts up without a error message.

I followed the Xecuter guide tip which states

" If you are using onboard SATA and still have problems, go into the bios and disable AHCI and enable Legacy IDE mode. "

I did this, restarted yet.... Jungleflasher still freezes on start up.

I have .NET version 3 installed.

Is there anything im missing or will i have to buy a VIA PCI card to do the job?

Thanks!

Skill Level
    flashing / dumping
    Thanks

Re: Jungleflash freezes when it loads. Got "no via ports were found, no no message.

Quote Originally Posted by freeeky View Post
    Ok heres the run down:

Im trying to flash my LiteOn drive.

Using the Xecuter Connectivity Kit V3 with Probe connected to my onboard Sata port.

My motherboard is an Intel DP965LT. Looking at the documentation it mentions it can use Legacy as an option.

Heres the spec:
    http://sunsite.rediris.es/pub/mirror...D5601701US.pdf (look at bottom of Pg 23)

I have installed both the Xecuter USB drivers and PortIO as directed on the Xecuter website.

I have followed the instructions on the Xecuter website to attach the kit to the drive but i have encountered the following problems:

1. I ejected the drive, then pushed it in by hand so it was half way in. However on the Xecuter page it says the light should go blue, but it stays red for me.

2. On launching JungleFlasher I got the error message "no via ports were found". When quiting the error message, my system freezes.

I looked in my windows/system32/drivers folder and removed the only via driver i could see called 'viaagp.sys'
    and also tried restarting the machine with the xecuter kit turned on.

This resulted in Jungleflasher freezing when it starts up without a error message.

I followed the Xecuter guide tip which states

" If you are using onboard SATA and still have problems, go into the bios and disable AHCI and enable Legacy IDE mode. "

I did this, restarted yet.... Jungleflasher still freezes on start up.

I have .NET version 3 installed.

Is there anything im missing or will i have to buy a VIA PCI card to do the job?

Thanks!
    Not all on board sata works! there has even been cases of the same mother board where one works and one doesn't the difference was just the board revision.
    Yeah just get yourself a via 6421a pci sata card they are very cheap and 100% compatible. The only downer is that you will have to wait for it to arrive!. Anyway you'll be fine once you have got one of those.

I hope our wisdom will grow with our power, and teach us, that the less we use our power the greater it will be