Similar Threads

  1. [CK3 LITE] Zephyr and RGH 1 with CR3 lite fail
    By robertdemarco in forum The Noob Room
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10th December 12, 02:43
  2. [LITEON 74850] Lite-on 7-series epic fail
    By Pasquale in forum Xbox 360 Firmware Support
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 4th April 11, 20:27
  3. Epic Fail on 83850c v2
    By Wrong-Turn in forum Xbox 360 Firmware Support
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 12th February 11, 00:46
  4. Lite-On Drive Firmware Fail
    By squelvin in forum Xbox 360 Firmware Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 21st October 09, 23:19
  5. Fail With Lite-on.
    By Supp Dude1 in forum Xecuter CK3 Pro / CK3 Lite
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 28th September 09, 21:52
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 36 of 36
  1. #21
    Noob Account
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2
    Skill Level
    ok
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Lite On 83850c Fail

    Same problem here, xbox flashing green light, eject not working (no dvd @ pc bios) and also with Iprep 009 got to a point where it sayd no atapi devices present. with jungleflasher got nothing with Intro/deviceid or erease. looks like it wont recognized it. and it all started after xbox shutting itself down when ereasing it with JF. also did it all with half tray opened. (closed too :P)

  2. #22
    Noob Account
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1
    Skill Level
    Novice
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Lite On 83850c Fail

    Yeah, I have the 83850c and spent WAY too much time yesterday with failure. About 8 hours. Here's how I finally got it to work!

    Download the firmware for the new Liteons via XBINS... I then downloaded iPrep 10.7 via the "normal sources" and formatted/prepped my USB drive with iPrep and my VIA 6241 PCI card, port DC00 (one of the internal slots on my PCI card apparently, but everyone's card and PC is different! Follow tutorials to get the correct port!)

    Now for the specifics... I tried the half open tray EVERY which way, and pressing the eject button truly never worked. I saw someone suggest that you only use the eject button when you first eject the tray, then manually pull/push the tray to appropriate positions. The trick is, to unplug the power cable in between while you are changing tray positions!

    Also, if you are using anything other than VIA PCI card, I cannot guarantee it will work, but manually sliding the tray is what did it for me. That and bootable DOS iPrep... far superior to Windows JF methods which have driver problems and Windows problems.

  3. #23
    Noob Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    9
    Skill Level
    firmware...
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Lite On 83850c Fail

    Quote Originally Posted by fecklessness View Post
    Now for the specifics... I tried the half open tray EVERY which way, and pressing the eject button truly never worked. I saw someone suggest that you only use the eject button when you first eject the tray, then manually pull/push the tray to appropriate positions. The trick is, to unplug the power cable in between while you are changing tray positions!
    I dumped a DG-16D28-S-09C (AOA2/83850C) June, 2009 with the JF 1.66.

    I got the dummy twice, flashed it (Dosflash 1.8) and now I'm unable to read anything. Xbox boots but doesn't recognize any DVDs.

    Flashed back the "original" firmware (Dosflash 1.8) and it gets even worse, not even the eject works.

    I'm able to read, erase and write (apparently)...but there most be something wrong because it just isn't working. Tried many times and can only get the updated firmware to work but without reading anything once in the console.

    Is there a dummy check for the 83850C? I thought that JF 1.66 check it when reading the firmware...

    Many thanks!!!

  4. #24
    Noob Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    3
    Skill Level
    Computers
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Lite On 83850c Fail

    Quote Originally Posted by janaro79 View Post
    I dumped a DG-16D28-S-09C (AOA2/83850C) June, 2009 with the JF 1.66.

    I got the dummy twice, flashed it (Dosflash 1.8) and now I'm unable to read anything. Xbox boots but doesn't recognize any DVDs.

    Flashed back the "original" firmware (Dosflash 1.8) and it gets even worse, not even the eject works.

    I'm able to read, erase and write (apparently)...but there most be something wrong because it just isn't working. Tried many times and can only get the updated firmware to work but without reading anything once in the console.

    Is there a dummy check for the 83850C? I thought that JF 1.66 check it when reading the firmware...

    Many thanks!!!
    I have (AOA2/83850C) August, 2009 with the JF 1.66 and have the same issues as you! I used my PC motherboard SATA slot. After I got my dummy.bin file I spoofed it to the target. Then I proceeded and erased my Lite-on f/w with the new one and it gives me a DRIVE FAILED in JF1.66. After reading some post, I have heard this NEW f/w is different thant the old firmware eventhough it has the exact same model and f/w listed. Anyhelps with appreciated.

    Thanks

  5. #25

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Essex, UK
    Posts
    3,373
    Skill Level
    Soldering
    Thanks
    677
    Thanked 1,111 Times in 929 Posts

    Re: Lite On 83850c Fail

    I Personnally have had problems with DosFlash

    The Outro may not have been sent when DosFlash Closed Down. If no Outro is sent. The drive remains in Flashable Mode. Try sending the outro via JF and see what happens.


    Sometimes Dosflash puts a standard 77777777777777777777777777 key on your drive. I don't know why.

    But if you checked the firmware through Jungleflasher you may have the key on the drive and it is probably the above number or different from your one that was originally saved.

    If that is the case. Then get your original saved Key and use Iprep or JF.

  6. #26
    Noob Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    9
    Skill Level
    firmware...
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Exclamation Re: Lite On 83850c Fail and bricked!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackeroo75 View Post
    I have (AOA2/83850C) August, 2009 with the JF 1.66 and have the same issues as you! I used my PC motherboard SATA slot. After I got my dummy.bin file I spoofed it to the target. Then I proceeded and erased my Lite-on f/w with the new one and it gives me a DRIVE FAILED in JF1.66. After reading some post, I have heard this NEW f/w is different thant the old firmware eventhough it has the exact same model and f/w listed. Anyhelps with appreciated.

    Thanks
    I have news. There is another tutorial out there specifically for the 83850C.

    The key I have is apparently encrypted and will never work as it's a "fake". There are many programs out there and even JF has the option (very unclear in tutorial 4 me), so please please get your D609CG925914001NS.bin before bricking it like I did. I'm gonna see if MS will fix it (automatic ban I believe) or see what chip extraction method comes out.

  7. #27
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    11
    Skill Level
    Gaming
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Lite On 83850c Fail and bricked!!

    Quote Originally Posted by janaro79 View Post
    I have news. There is another tutorial out there specifically for the 83850C.

    The key I have is apparently encrypted and will never work as it's a "fake". There are many programs out there and even JF has the option (very unclear in tutorial 4 me), so please please get your D609CG925914001NS.bin before bricking it like I did. I'm gonna see if MS will fix it (automatic ban I believe) or see what chip extraction method comes out.
    What is this other tutorial? I'm going to be flashing my 83850c soon and I've never flashed a 360 before, so I'm curious. I don't know what that .bin is either.
    Last edited by KingKapalone; 6th October 09 at 23:52.

  8. #28
    Noob Account
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3
    Skill Level
    ok
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Lite On 83850c Fail

    I can't seem to flash my Lite-on 83850c August 2009 model with JF 1.66
    apparently the August 2009 version is potentially un flashable at the moment, can anyone confirm that they have flashed one?

    I get he error L083info Extraction Failed!

    cheers

    any help would be great, I have about 4 of these to Flash
    Last edited by mark3mark; 7th October 09 at 01:31.

  9. #29
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    11
    Skill Level
    Gaming
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Lite On 83850c Fail

    Quote Originally Posted by mark3mark View Post
    I can't seem to flash my Lite-on 83850c August 2009 model with JF 1.66
    apparently the August 2009 version is potentially un flashable at the moment, can anyone confirm that they have flashed one?

    I get he error L083info Extraction Failed!

    cheers

    any help would be great, I have about 4 of these to Flash
    I'm seeing this on xbox-scene as well. There has also been a new 93 firmware spotted, so some people think the 83s that aren't working are mislabeled 93s.

  10. #30
    Noob Account
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3
    Skill Level
    ok
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Lite On 83850c Fail

    interesting, hope there is a fix soon!!!

  11. #31
    Noob Account
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    7
    Skill Level
    lots
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Lite On 83850c Fail

    just got holiday bundle same problem no modding for me

  12. #32

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Essex, UK
    Posts
    3,373
    Skill Level
    Soldering
    Thanks
    677
    Thanked 1,111 Times in 929 Posts

    Re: Lite On 83850c Fail

    I did start a thread about 2 weeks ago concerning the realease of a brand new revision of Lite-On.

    But no one would confirm. I heard it on the grapevine from a friend. Only time will tell

    This could well be it.

    The is no harm in trying to retrieve your keys from the Lite-On, if it's a 83xx. Just make sure you have the keys and they are proper before erasing

  13. #33
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    11
    Skill Level
    Gaming
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Lite On 83850c Fail

    I'm trying to get my key now, but I don't think JF 1.66 works in 64bit Vista. I am trying to use DosFlash 1.8 which supports 64bit, but I don't think I can do the opening and closing of the drive without a connectivity kit. Anyone have any advice or have a guide for DosFlash that says it should work?

  14. #34

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Essex, UK
    Posts
    3,373
    Skill Level
    Soldering
    Thanks
    677
    Thanked 1,111 Times in 929 Posts

    Re: Lite On 83850c Fail

    KingKaplone - Please start a new thread with your specific problems and someone will answer you this was started because of a different reason.

    Also 64bit OS is a NO NO. It is extremely hard to flash with this o/s

    If you have a lite-on (Especially a 74xx for the probe) you will need a ck3.

  15. #35
    Noob Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    9
    Skill Level
    firmware...
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Lite On 83850c Fail and bricked!!

    Quote Originally Posted by KingKapalone View Post
    What is this other tutorial? I'm going to be flashing my 83850c soon and I've never flashed a 360 before, so I'm curious. I don't know what that .bin is either.
    The tutorial I used was:
    http://www.jungleflasher.net/files/JungleFlasher.pdf

    Please study this one:
    http://www.techwatch.co.uk/forums/63...n-cracked.html

  16. #36
    Noob Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    3
    Skill Level
    Computers
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Lite On 83850c Fail and bricked!!

    Quote Originally Posted by janaro79 View Post
    I have news. There is another tutorial out there specifically for the 83850C.

    The key I have is apparently encrypted and will never work as it's a "fake". There are many programs out there and even JF has the option (very unclear in tutorial 4 me), so please please get your D609CG925914001NS.bin before bricking it like I did. I'm gonna see if MS will fix it (automatic ban I believe) or see what chip extraction method comes out.

    I got it to work. FIrst let me change my HW: I have the JULY 2009 and NOT August 2009. The August 2009 is the date it was SERVICED since this was a return to MS Repair center.

    1.You got the DUMMY.bin (source) and have the firmware ix16-liteon838.bin (target). **Note you are at the Firmware Tool 32 tab **
    2. GO ahead and click on "Spoof Source to Target". **Note make sure u download the firmware ix16-liteon838.bin**
    3. AFter that go ahead click on Lite-ON Erase. The first prompt click yes, but the second prompt before you click YES make sure you hands are ready to pull the power cable (the back of the dvd drive out for 5 seconds)..Okay go ahead and click YES...PULL power cable out from DVD DRIVE for 5 seconds and put it back it. It should say drive in vendor mode!
    4. Go ahead and now click WRITE (to copy the f/w to the drive) -it should say OK.
    5. Go ahead and click on OUTRO/ATA Reset



    NOTE( I didnt do step 3 so i thought i bricked my drive becuase it wouldn't eject. Also, don't worry if your xbox 360 is flashing green. YOu just need to make sure what SATA I/O Port it is at!!!

    HARDWARE and Software I used:

    1. PC with motherboard Gigabyte 780g using its internal SATA.
    2. Non HDMI Refurbished XBOX 360 1st generation wth service date of August 22. 2009. Model No DG-16D2S-09C HW INFO: A0A2 FW Ver: 83850C Manufactured date of July 2009.
    3. Power came from xbox plug into the SAME outlet as the PC (eliminating the alligator clips). Also the back of the A/V cable is plugged in so you don't get standby mode **NOTE you just need to connect the a/v cable to the back only..It doesn't need to be hooked to a tv.

    Software : JF 1.66b, Portio32, XP, in bios (NATIVE IDE) and the firmware ix16-liteon838.bin
    Last edited by Jackeroo75; 8th October 09 at 03:13.

 

 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •