Replies: 2
    Last Post: 23rd March 09, 18:52
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 28th December 08, 03:34
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Skill Level
    advanced
    Thanks

Re: How to flash xbox 360 arcade Liteon DG-16D2S-09C ?

Hey guys hoping I can get this thread going again. I am new to modding xbox 360's. I have a really good knowledge of computer's.

First things first my xbox 360 has a Lite on Drive DG-16D2S 83850C Firmware on the drive.

I had the xbox flashed a few times. It is also banned. I have to drive 100 miles just to have someone fix my xbox. So I have decided to just buy the equipment necessary to flash my own drive. I have my xbox tore apart. I own a hard drive kit to connect sata hard drives to my computer through usb.

Due to new games my xbox would require a system update to play them, so I would go to a Microsoft soft download the update transfer to usb drive and update my xbox. Now none of my games will work. So I figure I really screwed something up this time.

So here are my first question's. I have the equipment to connect my xbox dvd drive to my computer through usb, I can keep the xbox powered through the xbox. So what do I need to just update the drive? Do I need the Team Xecuter probe since my drive is technically already unlocked? Or whenever flashing these lite on drives you have to have the probe. I downloaded the drivers and jungle flasher. Just wondering what all I need that I do not already have.

1. I have the cables to connect lite on drive to usb on pc.
    2. I can power lite on drive by leaving it in the xbox and using the xbox power.

Can anyone recommend a good youtube video to follow, an tell me what I need to order to get my drive flashed correctly?

Many thanks.

Skill Level
    RGH and Jtag, Flashing Drives
    Thanks

You dug up a year old thread to hijack it.... really?

Skill Level
    advanced
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kr4k 4 J4Ck View Post
    You dug up a year old thread to hijack it.... really?
    Hijack it really. I am just trying to get some info on the exact same drive that is talked about in this specific thread. Is that considered hi-jacking. I thought I was in the right place. I hardly thought it was appropriate to open a new thread.

I assumed I just need Jungle Flasher and firmware LT + 2.0. Is there a step by step tutorial on what I might need to flash my lite on drive?

This is the cable I am going to use for the lite on drive:

This is my Lite on Drive:

And this the cable connected to my drive: I am going to switch to a windows 7 computer to use all the correct drivers.

Not sure if this can be done with a Macbook?

Should I start a new thread? Go to a different forum? Where is the correct forum to help me flash my drive? And do I need any other equipment? For instance the probe I have heard you needed on all lite on drives? My lite on drive has been flashed a few times. And I have updated my xbox through usb stick and the microsoft site(not a wise choice).
    Last edited by tommyarmour; 28th November 11 at 04:13.

Skill Level
    Semi-Noob With a Clue
    Thanks
    The tutorial is in the folder with Jungle Flasher.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

Skill Level
    None
    Thanks

Yeh it is considered 'hijacking' because it is not your post if you need answers you need to start your posts, but ill help you out this time.

The reason you can't play games no more is because when you updated your xbox's dashboard it flashed it back to stock firmware (your lite-on is now a DG-16D2S 02510C)

Best place to start is by going here http://www.team-xecuter.com/forums/f...play.php?f=158 there is a guide for getting the key for drive and also how to flash it.

The equipment you will need is a CK3 Pro/CK3 Lite (or you can just use your x360 to power it but be careful). CK3 Probe 3 this is to retrieve you key. You also need a compatable sata connection chipset on your motherboard OR VIA 6421 sata card OR to make everything that bit easier and safer a X360USB Pro.

If you don't go for the X360USB Pro download the latest JungleFlasher tutorials and that will tell you everything you need to know.

Skill Level
    flashing
    Thanks

That tool you have there will not work to the best of my knowledge.

Your gonna need a VIA PCI card or USB pro

Then your gonna need to power it so that'll require a CK3i

Then your gonna need a probe 3 to read the key off the drive

There are plenty of tuts in the forum.

Skill Level
    advanced
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EVO91 View Post
    Yeh it is considered 'hijacking' because it is not your post if you need answers you need to start your posts, but ill help you out this time.

The reason you can't play games no more is because when you updated your xbox's dashboard it flashed it back to stock firmware (your lite-on is now a DG-16D2S 02510C)

Best place to start is by going here http://www.team-xecuter.com/forums/f...play.php?f=158 there is a guide for getting the key for drive and also how to flash it.

The equipment you will need is a CK3 Pro/CK3 Lite (or you can just use your x360 to power it but be careful). CK3 Probe 3 this is to retrieve you key. You also need a compatable sata connection chipset on your motherboard OR VIA 6421 sata card OR to make everything that bit easier and safer a X360USB Pro.

If you don't go for the X360USB Pro download the latest JungleFlasher tutorials and that will tell you everything you need to know.
    Thanks much for your help. I have quite a few computers with sata ports on the motherboard. So the entire purpose of the CK3 is to be able to power your drive without the xbox console? But it's not necessary? I definitely don't mind spending the money to do this right. But if I can get by with my equipment I wouldn't mind using it. So I saw the tutorials you linked me to, that should help a bunch. What would you honestly recommend me buying to do this right the first time.

1. The probe to retrieve the key
    2. CK3 if I want to power the drive without the consule
    3. And a motherboard with the correct chipset.

What is a good place to buy what I need xconsules?

So is this the exact probe I need to retrieve key?
    http://www.xconsoles.com/products/SP...ock-Probe.html

What is the difference between the CK3i and the CK3 mini besides price?

And this is the mac daddy? What is the purpose and use of this: http://www.xconsoles.com/products/Xe...60USB-PRO.html
    Last edited by tommyarmour; 28th November 11 at 06:18.

Skill Level
    beginner
    Thanks

ive flashed my benq several times with nothing more than my pc and a sata cable. put it in vendor mode by doing the tray trick and flash it, no need for a ck3, lets be honest here. maybe the lietons are way different and im talking out my ass, but i think all u need is the drive, a spare sata port on ur mobo and JF. its very simple. just keep your ofw.bin just in case

Skill Level
    advanced
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by josh1095 View Post
    ive flashed my benq several times with nothing more than my pc and a sata cable. put it in vendor mode by doing the tray trick and flash it, no need for a ck3, lets be honest here. maybe the lietons are way different and im talking out my ass, but i think all u need is the drive, a spare sata port on ur mobo and JF. its very simple. just keep your ofw.bin just in case
    yeah I kind of wondered with my sata to usb cord. As long as my motherboard has the right chipset the drive should be seen through the usb. Or else I could just plug it directly into my motherboard either way I should be able to use jungle flasher and see my drive. I just heard that all lite on drives need this probe. I'm not sure there? Does the xbox 360usb pro do anything more than make it to where you can connect the sata to usb? In the pictures about that is exactly what the cable I have does. As long as I am connecting it to a computer that does sata. It should work. Is there really another purpose of the xbox360usb pro?

See its a fancy looking box, but in all reality its just a pass through right, its simply to get the sata to connect through usb, then jungle flasher does all the work?

Last edited by tommyarmour; 28th November 11 at 06:41.

Skill Level
    advanced
    Thanks

Ha-Ha, I think I am just going to fork out 100 dollars and get the kit, should make my life a lot easier and in the future I will have a great kit for friends and family modding. The probe seems to be essential to get my key. And vs messing around will pulling the tray out and resetting, the CKI helps to turn power on and off with a single switch.

So I am going to order this kit tonight.

http://www.xconsoles.com/products/X3...NDLE-%232.html

Thanks guys for the input, this kit and that tutorial.

EVEN A CAVEMAN CAN DO IT!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12