2. JungleFlasher Cant detect drive USB PRO v2
    By watts320 in forum Xecuter X360USB PRO V2
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 28th September 12, 15:13
  3. [LITEON 9504] Jungleflasher won't detect dvd drive
    By LFC_Onder8 in forum Xbox 360 Firmware Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 23rd June 11, 18:30
  4. JungleFlasher won't detect my drive and I can't eject!
    By gpkane12 in forum Xecuter CK3 Pro / CK3 Lite
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 13th December 10, 03:19
  5. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 5th June 10, 00:16
    Skill Level
    none
    Thanks

can't get jungleflasher to detect my drive

Hey all,

My drive has been flashed before by someone else. Because of the update in march my firmware has been updated to stock, and I don't have my drive key.
    I'll try to be as complete as possible. I have windows 7 64-bit on my computer, and AMD 790X chipset.
    I use the following equipment:
    - x360 usb pro firmware 0.18 and latest drivers
    - Probe 3
    - xtractor pro v 2.3

I have connected everything according to the tutorial. When i power on the xtractor the blue led is lit. on the usb pro ld 1 and ld 5 are lit green and ld 4 is blinking blue very fast. I can open the drive with the xtractor and put him in half open position when the xtractor is turned off. When I start jungleflasher and get to the DVDKey32 tab the 360 usbpro is recognised under I/O port 0x0000 and the xtractor is recognised under Com port 3. However, under drive properties i get the message No Drive Detected! the lights on the x360 pro are now: LD1 is lit green and LD5 is lit red.
    Also, the led on the probe is green instead of blue.

I've read other threads of instances where jungleflasher could not see the drive, but not similar to my case, and solutions haven't helped me so far.
    Also I believe I can not see my drive in the BIOS either, just my normal DVD RW and my two hard drives. I don't know if the Lite-on should be on the same screen but I can't find him anywhere.

I hope someone can help me with this problem.

Thank You!
    Last edited by tpuntspunt; 13th July 11 at 14:21.

Skill Level
    Backup Creation/Flashing/Some JTAG
    Thanks

Re: can't get jungleflasher to detect my drive

I couldn'd find the absolute answer in your post, but I am assuming you have a LiteOn?

You DO NOT need the com port. Use the PMT method - http://flashthe360.com/Tutorials/Dri...itephat748.php
    OR
    http://team-xecuter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66257 (guides for it).

There is no tray half open business either.

As for not recognizing, make sure everything is powered on and connected BEFORE launching JungleFlasher.
    Last edited by motoxrider365; 13th July 11 at 14:28.

The Following User Says Thank You to motoxrider365 For This Useful Post:

Skill Level
    none
    Thanks

Thanks for your fast reply. It is indeed a lite-on. From your links i understand it is not a 74850 anymore, but a 02510. The guides both assume the drive to be immediately detected, it isn't however. I've disconnected the usb from the xtractor to my pc so i am not using the com port anymore. I power everything and then start up jungleflasher. Still the same, the usbpro is detected but the drive is not.

Skill Level
    Modding, Flashing and Repairs
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,469 Times in 1,121 Posts

before starting jungle flasher, try ejecting the drive a couple times.....I sometimes have to do that

Unplug the x360usb pro from the usb, and plug it back in again first tho
    Last edited by diaboliq20; 13th July 11 at 15:22.
    If you feel I have helped in anyway, please use the THANKS button or leave some REP

The Following User Says Thank You to diaboliq20 For This Useful Post:

Skill Level
    none
    Thanks

Thanks for your reply. Tried opening the drive a couple of times but this didn't help either. I also tried disconnecting the usbpro from the pc. No succes. Also, while trying to open the drive, it sometimes opens, but more often it does not respond at all.

Skill Level
    Soldering
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,111 Times in 929 Posts

The fact that it does open sometimes, means that thee is firmware on it. but if the drive is intermitent, then it is probably the power cable from the xtractor to the drive. If it is a faulty xtractor, then you will have to go to them

But apart from that. Sorry

also, which way round have you got the probe three cable plugged in. Switch should be near the drive. Is the cable got any serious twists or bends in, where cable may cause intermitent opening problems

what size sata are you using, The length of the sata can make the xbox 360 drives difficult for pc's to see them.

If you are using your own longer sata cable because of posistioning of everything, i suggest the small one that comes with the pro.

If you are using the original sata cable, then look at other issues, like faulty x360usb pro. If you can, attach another drive to it. Ensure drive still works in xbox 360. Power cable plugged in the current way and the pcb hasn't been fried.

All are options, work them out one by one and tick them off
    Last edited by Goldensavage; 13th July 11 at 16:01.

The Following User Says Thank You to Goldensavage For This Useful Post:

Skill Level
    none
    Thanks

okay, I had the probe cable connected the right way, with the switch near the drive. also, the cable does not look to have any serious bends or twists in it (it is covered in this black isolation however). Unfortunately I can not test with another drive. But I have put my drive back in the xbox to ensure it still works, and it does. Also I used the short SATA cable, but just to be sure i tried another one. No difference. So the only possibillities are a faulty xtractor or usbpro? how can i know if they are faulty? jungleflashter recognises both of them, so they appear to be alright, right?

Btw, What is the pcb? and what is the function of the switch on the probe cable?

Skill Level
    none
    Thanks

Anyone any more ideas?
    It still doesn't work, really frustrating

Thanks!

Skill Level
    Moderate to High
    Thanks

Try moving the libusb0.dll in the main jungleflasher folder, If its not there then move it from its folder (libusb) to the root jungleflasher folder, Run Jungleflasher as admin (right click) on the .exe or desktop icon and choose run as administrator

The Following User Says Thank You to Fisticuffs For This Useful Post:

Skill Level
    phat repairs and flashing,
    Thanks

Have u recently updated the firmware on ur USB pro, if so have you reset it, I know it soundspetty but I had it originally and it wouldn't work for me until I reset this genius invention,

The Following User Says Thank You to piromaniac For This Useful Post:

Skill Level
    Thanks

Try resetting ur USB pro, I'm certain u wouldhave updated the firmware version on that, it might work, going back to basics helps sometimes so its only a press of a button,

Skill Level
    none
    Thanks

Thanks for the help piromaniac. It don't know what did the trick, but somehow it worked. I thought I had done everything already before, but slightly different. I had reset before, and now again, just hold the button for a longer time (10 seconds instead of 2 or something). Next I put the libusb0 in the root folder and removed him from the libusb folder. Before your tip I had just copied the libusb0 in the root folder without removing it from the libusb folder. And finally I have run jungleflasher as admin. before I had only ' run as administer' checked under preferences.

So it doesn't seem like a big difference, but somehow one of these options worked for me. Hope that this also helps people with the same problem.

Skill Level
    none
    Thanks

Okeey, I think I cheered to soon..
    As soon as I hit the Phat Key button the message popped up, no drive found, and the drive was gone again. Tried the trick with resetting the usbpro a few times again. Sometimes after start up of jungleflasher in log i got the notice new drive found, but after the lines of number of ports found, and drives found etc. it said no hitachi drives were found (off course not, it's a liteon) and the drive was again not found under the drive32 tab. And the other times I start jungleflasher I don't get a message of new cd/dvd drive found at all. To sum up, I could not get my drive back, not even once. Ideas again what could be happening here?

Skill Level
    none
    Thanks

Update: I got him back once again. And just as before, on pressing the phat key button the message popped up: "no drive found"

Edit: I think i've managed to narrow the problem down. If I remain in jungleflasher and power off the drive and then power it on, the drive will always be found when I press the 'refresh driver properties button'. And if repeat the refresh after a few seconds it will be gone again. Also, if i press the PhatKey button right after a power down - power on the drive will be detected and I get the wanted message 'to resend the command you should click yes' etc. but if I then click yes and press the probe button, attach it to MPX01, release the button, it will say phat key extraction failed after a while. So it seems like the drive has only power for a few seconds or something like that.
    Anyone other ideas on this matter, or what could be the cause of it?
    Thanks!
    Last edited by tpuntspunt; 17th July 11 at 18:31.

Skill Level
    Thanks

Try a different computer if possible, it might need a registry clear out,

Skill Level
    Modding, Flashing and Repairs
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,469 Times in 1,121 Posts

I wonder if maybe this is an issue between the probe and the xtractor? -
    If you feel I have helped in anyway, please use the THANKS button or leave some REP