4. Xdg3
    By mackdaddy in forum The Noob Room
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 7th September 11, 02:40
    Skill Level
    Newbie,but learning
    Thanks

IMGBURN and XDG3

Hello. Just wandering if I can burn a back up of gow3 with imgburn at OPC setting on my regular dual layer burner using Vertabin discs,will it work like others elsewhere have claim and be successful.I have tried it and it says play game but won't boot just returns to the main menu again.I have the latest fw on my liteon and Benq-both react the same.Perhaps this is a hit and miss and eventually purchase a liteonIhas24b,already tried sold out for now.Thanks.
    Last edited by suntec; 25th October 11 at 03:01.

Skill Level
    patience
    Thanks

Re: IMGBURN and XDG3

people having issues with this. that is what the liteon burner is for. try opc checked and unchecked. that works for some. also, when asked choose truncate disc. and layer break set at optimal instead of user defined. i havent had an issue yet, but havent played much either

Skill Level
    modify
    Thanks

did you rip your own GOW3games? If so, you need to flash your BENQ or LITEON driver with firmware 0800_BenQ and phat Lite-on v3, it can be found on LT+2.0 package, the same way like what you flash your LT firmware to your driver, but you better get a spare driver for the game rip, XBG3 game is the thrid generation of the game disc from MS, and have protection code on it and cant not be rip off successfully by the standard way, so..... after you get right backup from your original, you can use imageburn 2.5.6 to burn the disc, it brings the lastest feature against error message and succfully close track for you insead of manual operation.
    Well, due to piracy rule, I m not gonna go to much detail on this, but the clue should be enough for you to track down the answer you want.
    Good luck!

Skill Level
    None
    Thanks

Skill Level
    iHAS BURN ANALYSIS / REFLOW & REBALL / RGH / FIRMWARE FLASH / CONSOLE MODS
    Thanks

It was discovered that the truncate of discs was fundamentally flawed due to CiV checks incorporated in games such as "Forza 4", as far as I am aware GOW3 "currently" is not subject to these check but a game or dash update could change that, your solution is to get a a iHASx24 burner and flash it with "Burner MAX" supporting firmware.

The truncate of discs needs to be forgotten, cause at some point no games will work with this solution.

Skill Level
    Playing Games
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkenNinja View Post
    It was discovered that the truncate of discs was fundamentally flawed due to CiV checks incorporated in games such as "Forza 4", as far as I am aware GOW3 "currently" is not subject to these check but a game or dash update could change that, your solution is to get a a iHASx24 burner and flash it with "Burner MAX" supporting firmware.

The truncate of discs needs to be forgotten, cause at some point no games will work with this solution.
    But even with the iHas firmware, I thought the maximum capacity of a DVD+R DL is 8.5GB like the cover says?

Skill Level
    iHAS BURN ANALYSIS / REFLOW & REBALL / RGH / FIRMWARE FLASH / CONSOLE MODS
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by whitewartexx View Post
    But even with the iHas firmware, I thought the maximum capacity of a DVD+R DL is 8.5GB like the cover says?
    You really need to do some more reading, the "Burner Max" firmware developed by c4e allows for the burning to the edge of the disc, thus increasing the capacity of a disc from 8.5 GB to 8.7GB in order to pass CiV checks and making the truncate of discs un-neccessary.

The Following User Says Thank You to DrunkenNinja For This Useful Post: