By satwiz in forum The Noob Room
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 25th March 12, 03:35
  3. [ANSWERED] Newbie questions - XBOX Mod
    By Tewkster in forum Xbox 360 Firmware Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 18th September 10, 17:21
  4. Newbie guide for X2.6 and Xbox 1.6/1.6b
    By Fazered in forum Xecuter 1.x & Xecuter 2 (Upto X2.5)
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 21st March 10, 18:16
  5. Newbie to XBOX needs help
    By theproff in forum Xecuter 3 Help & Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 1st February 05, 23:34
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Noob Account
    Skill Level
    Programming
    Thanks
    quick question.

I have 1.6 Xbox and 2.6 CE chip. After instaliing chip i must set the chip to "bank 1" (flashbios 3.01 and start xbox).

And when flash bios starts must i set bank switch to "bank 2" for installing my "evox m8plus_16 1mb" bios to "bank 2"?

thanks

Skill Level
    noob
    Thanks
    Xenev, if you use the X2 bios manager and put your flashbios in banks 1&2 and then Evox bios in banks 3&4 making a total of 1mb. You then set your switch to bank 1 and then flash your bios. After it finished with flashing and reboot, you can shut your console off then slide your switch to bank 2 and reboot so that your evox bios is loaded with each boot. Hope that's clear
    I\'m a noob

Skill Level
    noob
    Thanks

I'm stump. Need help

Ok, here is my problem. My brother just recently installed an X2.6 on his v1.6b Xbox. I loaded cromwell version 3.0.3 on banks 1&2 and Evox M8plus_16 on banks 3&4 and flashing was successful. I have a version 1.4 Xbox with xecuter bios 4983 installed. My problem was that I bought a 200gb drive for my brother, format and load Slayer's as well as backed up games on the drive. The drive was formatted so that F:\ gets everything. I then went over to my brother's and put the drive on his console and system booted up fine. Problem comes when I chose the option to play games from hdd, there are no games visible. I then try to go into system setup and can't choose either the PxHDDLoader or DVD2Xbox options. I placed the drive back on my console which has the xecuter bios and I can see the games there as well as choose PxHDDLoader and DVD2Xbox. I then decided to flash my X2.6 with Evox M8plus_16 and same problem occurs. Anyone know why I'm having this problem?
    I\'m a noob

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by daryl2cb
    what about the 4983.67 will that boot in the 1.6?
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by LindenJ
    hi, ive already moded a version 1.5 xbox with a 2.6lite, worked fine, followed your instructions for the 1.6 version xbox, started working fine, but! after i flashed it the xbox would flash green / red and not power up properly, i changed the 2.6lite chip with another one i had spare, it powered up fine again, but! shortly after flashing it, it started flashing green / red again, i have checked everything using your instructions my soldering is fine, no shorts anywhere, all wires soldered properly, now that i have used up 2 chips and dont want to mess up another what can i do to make sure it wont happen again, please message me back or email me lindenj_@hotmail.com thankyou
    Be willing to bet that your bios you created was bad, could be a cold solder joint but not likely since you said it works to begin with. Make sure you see my earlier posts on how to make the bios for the 1.6, also make sure that you dont have a 1.6b.

Quote Originally Posted by EdGuaRdo11
    alright so i read that i shouldnt ask for bioses here but i just want to know if i need the Evox M8plus 1.6 for an xbox thats not a version 1.6
    No, you need 4983.

Skill Level
    noob
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nartac
    Ok, here is my problem. My brother just recently installed an X2.6 on his v1.6b Xbox. I loaded cromwell version 3.0.3 on banks 1&2 and Evox M8plus_16 on banks 3&4 and flashing was successful. I have a version 1.4 Xbox with xecuter bios 4983 installed. My problem was that I bought a 200gb drive for my brother, format and load Slayer's as well as backed up games on the drive. The drive was formatted so that F:\ gets everything. I then went over to my brother's and put the drive on his console and system booted up fine. Problem comes when I chose the option to play games from hdd, there are no games visible. I then try to go into system setup and can't choose either the PxHDDLoader or DVD2Xbox options. I placed the drive back on my console which has the xecuter bios and I can see the games there as well as choose PxHDDLoader and DVD2Xbox. I then decided to flash my X2.6 with Evox M8plus_16 and same problem occurs. Anyone know why I'm having this problem?
    Ok. I see lots of people read but not too many people either know anything or do not like to respond. I did lots of reading and here is what I found. Evox bios has a bug in that it won't work right if your hd is greater than 137gb and you want to do the f:\ partition gets it all. You would have to set it so that f:\ partition goes to 137gb and g:\ gets everything. In contrast, if you have an Xbox version lower than 1.6, you are better off by using Xecuter bios 4983. Bottom line (imho)--- Evox bios sucks and Xecuter bios rocks. Unfortunately 4983 does not support version 1.6 and the new bios release to support 1.6 is a little slow.
    I\'m a noob

Noob Account
    Skill Level
    killing time
    Thanks
    ok, so I have to make a 1MB BIN file with X2 manager.
    This file consists of 4 parts.
    In my case, I have Xbox V1.6, so I need Flashbios 3.01
    I flash Flashbios 3.01 to bank 1&2
    and M8 16 to bank 3&4

Then it should work?

Skill Level
    noob
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mcsys
    ok, so I have to make a 1MB BIN file with X2 manager.
    This file consists of 4 parts.
    In my case, I have Xbox V1.6, so I need Flashbios 3.01
    I flash Flashbios 3.01 to bank 1&2
    and M8 16 to bank 3&4

Then it should work?
    if you mean M8 16 as M8plus_16 then yes, you are doing it right.
    I\'m a noob

Noob Account
    Skill Level
    killing time
    Thanks
    if you mean M8 16 as M8plus_16 then yes, you are doing it right.
    so 2x a M8plus16 and 2x flahbios3.01?

It is quite difficult to understand why, but.. only xbox to loose

Skill Level
    noob
    Thanks
    yeah, it's kind of confusing. The bottom line is you need a total of 512kb for each particular bios for it to work. This is unlike X3 where it's bios is already 1mb. Oh, BTW, make sure to save your bios file as "bios.bin" (without the quotes)
    I\'m a noob

Noob Account
    Skill Level
    -
    Thanks
    I followed the directions on the 1st page of this thread and everything seems to be working ok. But, I did not include a FlashBios in the bios file. I did as the instructions said and put the M8+ bios in all four banks using x2bm. Am I screwed now if I want to update the bios unless I buy a programmer?

Noob Account
    Skill Level
    -
    Thanks
    To answer my own question: After a bit of research, I came across an xbox program called flashx. I created a bootable cd containing flashx and a new bios file, and reflashed my bios using it. So, if you have a working bios, but no flashbios on the chip, flashx is the way to go.

Noob Account
    Skill Level
    none
    Thanks

what version of the Xbox do I have?

can you tell me how to find out what kind of Xbox I have? It was purchased during thanksgiving holidays.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlwilson
    can you tell me how to find out what kind of Xbox I have? It was purchased during thanksgiving holidays.
    Most likely a 1.6 or 1.6b, if/when you open it up you have to look at the memory to tell which one. I could POSSIBLY be a lower version but not likely. Please use the search function for versions and there should be plenty of info for you, as this has been answered many times before. Good luck.

Noob Account
    Thanks
    Ok. I see lots of people read but not too many people either know anything or do not like to respond. I did lots of reading and here is what I found. Evox bios has a bug in that it won't work right if your hd is greater than 137gb and you want to do the f:\ partition gets it all. You would have to set it so that f:\ partition goes to 137gb and g:\ gets everything. In contrast, if you have an Xbox version lower than 1.6, you are better off by using Xecuter bios 4983. Bottom line (imho)--- Evox bios sucks and Xecuter bios rocks. Unfortunately 4983 does not support version 1.6 and the new bios release to support 1.6 is a little slow.

nartac, i tried your suggestion on a 1.6b 2.6ce and it worked. now i'm seeing my full 160gig drive, 129 gig on F and 26 gig on G. hopefully the new X2 bios will fix this. thanks dude, you rock!

Skill Level
    playing soul calibur 2
    Thanks
    You can lock your hdd with the latest evo-x dash.
    Last edited by xboxmoddifier; 2nd March 05 at 19:25.

Skill Level
    General
    Thanks
    I can't edit the original post but it must be mentioned that the Evox bios is no longer on the "usual place" so I suggest reading this thread to help find it: http://www.teamxecuter.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=28062

Someone wanted some error codes in another thread so here is a guide:
    http://www.xbox-guru.pwp.blueyonder....ting-Guide.htm

Skill Level
    General
    Thanks
    I would also suggest that people look at the Metoo version of the M8+ bios as it includes Live blocking and you can use a version of Evtool to play with the fan speed, start-up colours and boot options.
    Last edited by Fazered; 21st March 05 at 19:12.

Skill Level
    General
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fazered
    I would also suggest that people look at the Metoo version of the M8+ bios as it includes Live blocking and you can use a version of Evtool to play with the fan speed, start-up colours and boot options.
    Bloody timeout on editing!

More info on the Metoo bios from here:
    http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.p...ic=314524&st=0
    Tells you where to find it on page 3

(I think it is still on the "usual place" but I can't check from work.)

Noob Account
    Skill Level
    Thanks

please help

Newbie here ..I have a v1.6 Xbox and the Xecuter 2.6 LITE and the Xodus S.P. Ice adapter. I have the adapter hooked up and all 5 lights are on. When i plug the chip in it seems to light up properly as well. When i boot it turns off and on a couple times then the lights flash red and green and nothing on the screen. When I shut the chip off on the switch it boots normally. The question I have is do I still need to rebuild the LPC or does this ICE adapter take care of that. If not what could I be doing wrong??
    Thanks!!

Noob Account
    Skill Level
    Thanks
    Ill reply to my own post.. I think the Xecuter 2.6 chip and the Xodus SP ice adapter are incompatible.. is this correct anyone?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast