By satwiz in forum The Noob Room
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 25th March 12, 03:35
  3. [ANSWERED] Newbie questions - XBOX Mod
    By Tewkster in forum Xbox 360 Firmware Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 18th September 10, 17:21
  4. Newbie guide for X2.6 and Xbox 1.6/1.6b
    By Fazered in forum Xecuter 1.x & Xecuter 2 (Upto X2.5)
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 21st March 10, 18:16
  5. Newbie to XBOX needs help
    By theproff in forum Xecuter 3 Help & Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 1st February 05, 23:34
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    Noob Account
    Skill Level
    zero
    Thanks

Re: Newbie guide for X2.6 and Xbox 1.6/1.6b

This may seem like a daft question, but how do I know if I've done a successful bios install? I have an Xecuter 2.6 chip installed, I have Flashbios 3.0.3 on one bank and 5035 on the other.

When I boot up with my modchip enabled I get a screen which says:

XECUTER2 CONFIG LIVE LOADING then it does the green flubber screen, then I get the big Xbox logo with 'Xecuter Rox my Box', under it, then it goes to the normal MS Dashboard.

If I boot up with the chip disabled it goes directly to the normal MS Dashboard.

I havent downloaded or installed any other dashboards, cos I don't know if the 5035 bios has flashed properly. How can I tell?

(And if by some miracle it *is* loaded properly, how do I get a new dashboard on there?)

Hope some UberGeek is reading this :-)

Steve

Skill Level
    not a expert but close
    Thanks

XECUTER2 CONFIG LIVE LOADING then it does the green flubber screen, then I get the big Xbox logo with 'Xecuter Rox my Box', under it, then it goes to the normal MS Dashboard.
    it,s flash with x2 5035 bios

Noob Account
    Skill Level
    operating my xbox
    Thanks

I have a simple question that i can't really seem to find a clear answer to. I I have a 2.6ce chip and xapter3r v1.6 solderless adapter coming in that mail and have yet to find any clear answer as to weather or not the solderless adapter will accomplish the LPC rebuild or will i still have to do this my self. Any insight will be appreaciated, thank you.

Skill Level
    not a expert but close
    Thanks

if you got the v1.6 xapter theres no need to solder lpc
    the only soldering is only if you wish the hard drive and lan LED to work but is not needed

Noob Account
    Skill Level
    operating my xbox
    Thanks

Thank you.

Noob Account
    Thanks

Moded 360 Question.

I Just bought a 360 online with a Moded Fan running at 12 Volts and a LED Light and im just curious will i still be able to play on Xbox Live since it was just a simple mod and not a illegal one such as playing illegal games or adding a bigger HDD.

- Thanks.

Xbox Master
    Thanks

Re: Moded 360 Question.

if thats the only modifications to the console then doubt your console will get banned, unless microsoft actually monitor the power usage of the cooling fans

Thanks

Re: Moded 360 Question.

Which they dont, once opened, to MS the xbox is redeemed "Untrustable" but there is no modificatin to indicate that it has been opened

Noob Account
    Skill Level
    Computer Services
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fazered View Post
    Well I have installed a few X2.3 pro's but I wasn't prepared for how much more difficult it would be with a Xecuter 2.6 and v1.6 xbox. Only because I didn't know what I was doing, not because it is that difficult. Here are the things I learnt (from searching and reading, not asking what has already been asked a thousand times!)

Some of these things have been resolved now and are more obvious but I'll keep them in.

• The X2.6 installs in the same way as the X3.
    • The v1.6 Xbox needs to the have the LPC rebuilt. It is supplied free of charge with all X2.6 and X3 mods. Install Tutorial: http://www.team-xecuter.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=7768
    • Check if you have a v1.6b (Requires FlashBIOS v3.03)
    • Install using these instructions http://www.team-xecuter.com/x3/tutorials/x3pin16.htm
    • Turn your Xbox on and check you have a blue screen with "FlashBIOS" at the top (It may be v2.60, v3.0.0, v3.01 or v3.03). If you have then your mod is working. If the power lights on your Xbox Flash Red and Green you have a 'FRAG'. Re-Check your install.
    • If you don't (you get a black screen, Green/Orange Flashing led and no video and no sound then you are booting an incompatible FlashBIOS version - you need to switch to a working one (v3.01 works on v1.0 - v1.6 / v3.03 works on v1.6b - both are flashed to each bank on the X2.6 from December onwards).
    • Download X2 Bios Manager v2.3 from http://www.modchipstore.com/support/...d=37&nav=0,1,5
    • Download Evox M8plus 1.6 (Evox M8+ 1.6) from Xbins ftp. Note it's in the Multi-version folder. If you have no clue about the Xbins ftp - read this article - dont ask for bios's here http://www.xbox-scene.com/articles/xbins.php
    • Create a 1mb bios using the Evox M8+ using X2 Bios Manager v2.3 using a similar method to described in http://www.team-xecuter.com/flashbios/
    • Load Evox M8+ to all 4 banks of X2 BM
    • Save the file as 'BIOS.BIN'
    • Check the file is 1bm in size
    • or an alternative for creating the 1mb bios.....
    • Extract the Evox M8+ bios into a new folder called 'Bios' on your PC in the root of your C: drive
    • Go to Start, Run and type in command and press enter on your PC
    • Type "cd c:\bios\"
    • Type copy /b M8plus.bin + M8plus.bin + M8plus.bin + M8plus.bin
    • (check you file names are the same as I have, if not change the command to suit your file names)
    • Check the file is 1bm in size
    • Burn to a CD using the same settings as described in http://www.team-xecuter.com/flashbios/
    • Turn xbox off and use the X2.6 switch to bank 1.
    • Screen should go to start up sequence and have the Evox logo in the top left hand corner and you are up and running. You should be able to play copied xbox games now but you will want to go and install a dashboard like EvolutionX, Avalaunch or UnleashX.

Whoah that was just going to be a few tips but it turn into a bloody novel! Don't blame me if this totally fecks your Xbox. It's just what I did and I haven't got time to check what I have written as it friday night and I am going home! Please feel free to comment and what I have written

Edited & Updated By Xecuter
    Hi, I'm a little confused about the part that says: "Extract the Evox M8+ bios into a new folder called 'Bios' on your PC in the root of your C: drive"
    I understand the method of extration, what I don't understand is how do you extract a bin file? Everytime I try it I get an "Invalid or unknown image file format!" no matter what software I try...
    Also the other part that says: "Type copy /b M8plus.bin + M8plus.bin + M8plus.bin + M8plus.bin" How can you copy M8plus.bin when you've called the file "bios.bin"?, unless of course the extraction turns the file into "M8plus.bin? but I wouldn't know that as I can't extract... Please help!!!!

Skill Level
    Hardware diagnostics and modchip troubleshooting
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,839 Times in 7,276 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mannyellis1 View Post
    Hi, I'm a little confused about the part that says: "Extract the Evox M8+ bios into a new folder called 'Bios' on your PC in the root of your C: drive"
    I understand the method of extration, what I don't understand is how do you extract a bin file? Everytime I try it I get an "Invalid or unknown image file format!" no matter what software I try...
    Also the other part that says: "Type copy /b M8plus.bin + M8plus.bin + M8plus.bin + M8plus.bin" How can you copy M8plus.bin when you've called the file "bios.bin"?, unless of course the extraction turns the file into "M8plus.bin? but I wouldn't know that as I can't extract... Please help!!!!
    extract=copy. If the BIOS file is a .bin, it's good to go. They're assuming it's in a RAR file still.

The copy /b is an alternative way to create the file. Don't do all steps in this list, do one or the other.

The Following User Says Thank You to Martin C For This Useful Post:

Skill Level
    mods
    Thanks

How much is an x2.6 worth these days??

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567