By thegoman in forum Modding Services
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 8th August 11, 04:52
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Skill Level
    jack of all trades, master of none
    Thanks

Re: Pictures for persons selling jtag/rgh

It was just an idea, i do my own install so I dont need to buy off of anyone, and its not a photo of every install, just the one being sold. again everyone has there own opinion, personally if i was buying i would like to see what i was buying.
    I bet you wouldnt buy a car without looking under the bonnet
    Last edited by Justice1231; 21st February 12 at 11:14.

Skill Level
    modder and iīm on my way to pro modder. lol
    Thanks

i agree justice.nice idea
    donīt be afraid to be weak. donīt be proud to be strong
    take a look what xecuter made to the scene.to all the h8rs
    http://team-xecuter.com/forums/showt...achievements:o

The Following User Says Thank You to weedpoppin For This Useful Post:

Skill Level
    Hardware diagnostics and modchip troubleshooting
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,837 Times in 7,276 Posts

I don't think it should be mandatory, but I would advise potential buyers to ask for pics of the work carried out (especially from those who have been here 5 minutes and most of their previous posts were to do with RGH and soldering help).

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Martin C For This Useful Post:

Skill Level
    iHAS BURN ANALYSIS / REFLOW & REBALL / RGH / FIRMWARE FLASH / CONSOLE MODS
    Thanks

I agree with Martin, Common Sense have to prevail here, anyone that hangs around long enough will soon realize the members they can trust and the ones they should ask additional info from.
    Always, hit the and buttons if someone helps you, or you like their post.

The Following User Says Thank You to DrunkenNinja For This Useful Post:

Skill Level
    Console repairs, reballing, BGA Rework, General Hardware
    Thanks

I don't think it should be manditory for every console someone sells, taking about 10 pictures per console would be a pain in the ass, but a set of pictures for the first one they do that they can then re-use with other consoles they sell would be fine. Once you see someones soldering skills once you don't need to see it every single time.

As Martin said, if the sellers previous posts have all been about help with doing an RGH and soldering then walk away. If they are the ones who have been providing help then they probably know how to properly do an RGH.

However as someone mentioned above with all consoles I do (be it for a person or one I will sell on) they are always internally security marked, pictures of all serials and markings are taken and then they are sealed with tamper proof warranty labels that also bear their own unique ID. Not to mention I obviously keep my own backups of NAND dumps, etc.

That way if someone were to try and pull a fast one they could be easily caught out.
    Last edited by H3rmaN; 21st February 12 at 17:20.

The Following User Says Thank You to H3rmaN For This Useful Post:

Skill Level
    well rounded
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Justice1231 View Post
    i do my own install so I dont need to buy off of anyone, and its not a photo of every install, just the one being sold. again everyone has there own opinion, personally if i was buying i would like to see what i was buying.
    I also do my own installs. When I was referring to spending money with people I meant as in reball work , or buying consoles and/or parts. It was a guy named skinyron on xbscene. I sent him 20 plus consoles to reball. @ 50 bucks a board. That's 1000 +. I hadn't seen any of his work before hand. I did however check all his post. Googled his name & found all the necessary info I needed to confirm he did decent work and knew what he was doing. Google skinyron. I was lucky . He ended up with a pretty bad reputation later on. My point is , If you are in doubt about a person. Do your homework. I see nothing wrong with asking for pics. For me if I need to ask for pictures from you. I should not be buying. I'm sure we all have our opinions on this matter one way or the other. I really don't care one way or the other how this turns out. I don't have install pics but wouldn't be a problem to make. Google yamackbuddy4. If this doesn't provide you with enough info to buy what I'm selling , I don't want your money. Common sense is what it all boils down to. Even with those pretty pic's ,You cant make everybody happy all the time.

OP , just my 2 cents. I mean no harm or ill feelings. On that note Im gonna leave this issue at that.
    Oh Well. Ill figure it out one day.

The Following User Says Thank You to yamackbuddy4 For This Useful Post:

Skill Level
    Anything
    Thanks
    I hear ya Mack but google can also be hatefull at times. I understand the skinyron situ as you know, but if you have a bunch of kids on a hate campaign against you, google won't help you. IF PPL WANT INSTALL PICS JUST ASK, that's not a problem to most of us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spandaman For This Useful Post:

Skill Level
    jack of all trades, master of none
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Martin C View Post
    I don't think it should be mandatory, but I would advise potential buyers to ask for pics of the work carried out (especially from those who have been here 5 minutes and most of their previous posts were to do with RGH and soldering help).
    I think Martin has hit the nail on the head there with what i was trying to put accross maybe i should have worded the opening request differntly. I know that sometimes if you want something then you have to take a gamble, most people are legit but agian its the minority that spoils it for the majority.

Devon uk, hacking one farmers xbox at a time and a few inbreds too! ;)
    Skill Level
    Pc, wii, Gamecube, PSP, PS3, xbox & xbox360 - All consoles.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,948 Times in 1,127 Posts

The problem you have here is simple.

How are you going to stop people sticking up pics of an install and changing details.... You cant. (it may be a picture of a console they own that someone else modded)

It's all about Reputation and trust.
    If you want to request a picture fine do it.

I know i wouldn't spend Ģ100+ on a console that had been modded without some kind of detail of the install and from a trusted installer.
    It's been Great here at TX and wish all members new and old a fantastic journey into the future of console hacking.
    Massive thanks to Xecuter and all staff, Im still on twitter @MrTeajunkie.
    PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT ME FOR REPAIRS IM NO LONGER ABLE TO REPAIR CONSOLES.

The Following User Says Thank You to Teajunkie For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12