This tutorial was written by Team Xecuter. If you use anything from this tutorial please give credits and also a direct link to this page. Also if we have made any mistakes or left anything out please let us know – thanks !
The official forum for this tutorial is www.team-xecuter.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=104
How to install the new Xecuter Blaster CK3
Install Time: 10 Minutes
Tools Required: All tools are included in the package (Unlock Tool, Torx 10 Screwdriver)
What's In The Box?
Step By Step Installation Tutorial
1. First, you need to take your Xbox 360 apart. If you don't know how to do this, read this guide. Once you have it taken apart disconnect the cables to the backside of the DVD and set it aside for the time being. Once you have removed the DVD you will see two cables plugged into the Xbox 360 motherboard. One is a Sata cable and one is the DVD power cable (this is the multi wired cable with a white adapter on the end). Remove both cables, you won't be needing those any more.
2. First install the Sata Exchange Unit (#10) to the metal case of the Xbox. You will notice that each connector is color coordinated to make installation as simple as possible. Peel the off the paper to expose the sticky foam insulated pad and attach to the metal case.
3. Now take the Motherboard to DVD Cable (#8) and plug the white connector to motherboard, then you will see there are 3 cables with blue, white & green 2 pin adapters. Feed those through the case, they will connect to the Blaster CK3 later.
4. Now plug the green adapter from the Mother to DVD Cable (#8) into the back of the DVD drive. Make sure it is plugged in the correct way around. You will notice there is another cable with a 3 pin white adapter, this is for the Blaster CK3 Probe (#11) which is used only if you have a Liteon 74850C drive. This is a temporary connection and used only when you are going to extract the DVD key from that drive. If you have a Liteon 74850C DVD Drive then follow hook up the Blaster Ck3 as per this tutorial but do not put the case back together as you will need to take the back off the DVD drive and use the CK3 Probe in order to get your DVD key. This only needs to be done once – Probe information is at the bottom of this page.
5. Now connect the the L shaped connector of the Sata cable (#2) to the motherboard and connect the other straight end to the bottom port of the Sata Exchange Unit (#10). Then Connect the Sata Cable (#3) to the back of the DVD and to the top connector of the Sata Exchange Unit (#10)
6. Now take the Sata Exchange Unit Cable (#9) and feed the cables through the case and connect the cables to the Sata Exchange Unit (#10). Everything is color coordinated so its really easy.
7. Now place the DVD drive back into the case and route the cables so they fit neatly around the DVD, everything should fit comfortably.
8. OK now that's pretty much most of the hard work done! Now reassemble the Xbox 360 case. Leave the side where the Blaster CK3 cables are showing through the case until last. First connect the top part of the case that covers the DVD drive area.
9. Turn the case over and insert the 6 screws you removed using the provided Torx 10 screwdriver.
10. Reconnect the eject button. Don't forget to do this or you will have to take the Xbox apart again at a later stage. Reconnect the other half of the case and clip the front down first, then clip the rear part of the case down. Connect the side panel to the case (NOT the panel that the Hard Drive would normally connect to – this is where the Blaster will be placed)
11. Turn the Xbox over to the side where the cables are showing. This is where we are going to connect the Blaster CK3.
12. Connect the green, blue and white 2 pin cables and also the white block connector to the Blaster CK3. Make sure all connectors are plugged in the correct way around.
13. Plug the Blaster into the Xbox 360 chassis. Carefully connect the Blaster CK3 to the Xbox 360, you should not have to use any force and you should hear the clips "click" when connected correctly. Now reconnect the Xbox 360 front face plate and and then you can connect your hard drive if you have one.
14. Finished !
How to operate the Blaster CK3
The function of the Blaster CK3 is very simple. You have Xbox 360 mode and PC Mode. For the 360 to operate as normal as if the Blaster was not installed switch both switches to XB360 and move the power switch to off.
When you want to write to your DVD drive simply push the main switch to PC and turn the power switch to ON (The Mode switch can be set to OFF – you can set Modeb via software on all Hitachi models using the latest Jungle Flasher – we have included a Modeb switch just in case someone requires it). Then connect the Xbox 360 power supply unit and you can now connect your Xbox to your PC using a Sata cable.
You can use the Serial RS232 or the USB ports if you have the Liteon 74850C DVD drive. Otherwise you only need to use the Sata port.
While the Blaster is functional it lights up green.
Blaster CK3 Vendor Mode (Half Tray Eject Trick):
The Liteon drive requires you to have the tray half ejected for it to kick into vendor mode in Jungle Flasher. This is a very simple trick where many many seem to mess up on and wonder why they get 0000000000 as a bad DVD key. The process with the Blaster Ck3 is simple:
Blaster CK3 Probe:
The Probe is used when you have a Liteon 74850C DVD Drive – DO NOT use the Probe or USB/Serial cable on ANY other Liteon drive !!!
The Probe cable is connected to the DVD Green Block connector. It is a white 3 pin adapter. Make sure you connect the probe to the correct point on the DVD motherboard. When powered and connected the Probe will show a Green & Blue LED. if you touch an extra ground or voltage on the DVD drive you may cause damage to the Probe so please be careful. You only have to do this once. As soon as you have your key using Jungle Flasher you can unplug the prbe and put your Xbox back together.