ANSWERED 0225 shopping list

tellusis

Noob Account
May 20, 2011
Hi there, I'm not too sure if i put this in the correct spot or not and i apologize. I just recently got a new xbox slim with the 0225 dvd drive and I'm a little paranoid of flashing this new one due to the security of live for it. i had an old halo edition xbox i bought a while back and i was able to flash it however the guy i bought it from sold it because it was rrod'ing due to a cold solder joint in the ram that he "forgot" to mention and then "moved" away. I've been hearing alot about the new realeases for the 0225 with the stealth and such so i would like to know what to buy and if it actually an ok go to just start flashing the drive even if i can't go online with it. i did read around the forums and I'm still a bit lost onto what to get. for instance the differences between the ck3 lite pro and blaster and whatnot. when i flashed my old one i was able to do it with the console as power supply. I have a lite-on dg-164ds 0225. so to sum it all up I need to know is it possible to safely flash this drive without bricking or locking my xbox up and if so what do i buy and if someone can atach a well rounded guide that would really go into depth i would owe you the world.

*HDCM

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
Basically what you need to buy from your nearest team xecuter reseller:

1. X360USB Pro
2. CK3 Lite
3. Molex AC Power Supply
4. CK3 Probe V3 (If you want to flash other fat lite-on drives), its probably worth buying everything at once to save repeat shipping costs.

You will also need to either buy a replacement Lite-on DG-164DS 9504 or the chip / solution which team-xecuter are yet to reveal which will let you read / write the 0225 drives

You can find a guide in the team-xecuter subforum here

Last edited:

tellusis

Noob Account
May 20, 2011
Basically what you need to buy from your nearest team xecuter reseller:

1. X360USB Pro
2. CK3 Lite
3. Molex AC Power Supply
4. CK3 Probe V3 (If you want to flash other fat lite-on drives), its probably worth buying everything at once to save repeat shipping costs.

You will also need to either buy a replacement Lite-on DG-164DS 9504 or the chip / solution which team-xecuter are yet to reveal which will let you read / write the 0225 drives

You can find a guide in the team-xecuter subforum here
ok so i need to get a new drive? will i need to spoof the key? how would i go about doing that? so far you just simplified this a whole lot thanks!

paul360

May 19, 2011
uk
just a quickie. i read every1 sayin they got dvd drive 0225 or wateva. the question is how do i find out?

tellusis

Noob Account
May 20, 2011
just a quickie. i read every1 sayin they got dvd drive 0225 or wateva. the question is how do i find out?
just open the slim and look at the drive. or look on the forums for a guide to show you how. look for something like dg-164ds(model) then the the firmware which would be like 0225 or such. its all on the big white sticker on the south of the top part of the drive

cliveallen

Dec 3, 2010
Halifax, West Yorkshire, UK
Item No 3: You are better off going for a MOLEX+SATA HDD Bluray 12V+5V DC-AC Power Supply because this also enables you to connect you HDD drives to a PC/Laptop for backing up purposes, you are getting two uses into one unit, this is what I use, and I would get the CK3 Pro version instead of light as it is USB, as it is more future proof and made very well

Last edited:

xboxerSlim

VIP Member
Mar 4, 2011
India
1> X360USb Pro ***Highly recommended and a must if you ask me and it's just awsome***
2> Ck3 Lite or a CK3 PRO (Lite will do just as good for 0225) ***Highly recommended as you really don't wanna use your XBOX to power your drive, trust me.***
3> Molex for CK3 lite (Not a must have, but good to have, as u can always use your PC's SMPS to power the CK3 lite with the drive.)
4> The WRITE FIX which will be released soon for your 0225. AT the moment we don't know what it is, could be a chip or an addon. (***Highly recommended***)

You can always get a Modder to do this for you for around $30-40, and avoid purchasing all that.
AND
You can always buy a 9504 drive and avoid buying the number 4 in the list.

Choice is yours.. now choose.

Numaholic

VIP Member
Nov 9, 2010
I'd wait until a solution is brought out to flash 0225, then you make sure that what you're getting are the right products.

lolwatpear

Noob Account
May 20, 2011
I haven't really been following what equipment people have been buying to flash there 360s over the past few years. Why exactly are people saying to not power the drive via the 360? I've performed around 7 flashes using 3 different 360s and haven't had a problem using the 360 as a power source. Is it simply recommended to make the process easier, or is there a risk in powering it that way?

Rome 16:16

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2011
City of Pines, PHL
Well, they say it will log you for a possible ban, but I haven't heard anyone saying that he is really logged because he used his Xbox 360 to power the drive. Actually, I also used my Xbox to power my drive when I flashed.

xboxerSlim

VIP Member
Mar 4, 2011
India
Well, they say it will log you for a possible ban, but I haven't heard anyone saying that he is really logged because he used his Xbox 360 to power the drive. Actually, I also used my Xbox to power my drive when I flashed.
Please don't advise things that could possibly get other's Xboxes flagged.
It has been confirmed by TX that powering the Xbox without the drive in registers the Xbox with a flag, and it can be used to ban consoles in the future.
If you have done it, this doesn't mean that everybody should do it.

P.S: Just watchout when the next ban wave hits.

Last edited: