LITEON DG-16D4S - SLIM 0225 Winbond with 12431 dash

garysa34

Mar 1, 2012
Hi, I have a slim 0225 Winbond on 12431 dash which I would like to play backups on, I would like to check what my options are.
I have got the drive key and dummy file saved with JF.
As it's a winbond I think my choices are kamikaze or replacement pcb, does it make any difference being on an older dash?
Thanks

Utmad

VIP Member
Aug 15, 2010
Southampton, UK
Hi, I have a slim 0225 Winbond on 12431 dash which I would like to play backups on, I would like to check what my options are.
I have got the drive key and dummy file saved with JF.
As it's a winbond I think my choices are kamikaze or replacement pcb, does it make any difference being on an older dash?
Thanks
That PCB is locked anyway so you are just as well updating to the latest dash, the older dash doesn't give you any benefit just stops you playing newer games. You will have to either get an unlocked PCB or Kamikazae your existing one as you suggested.

Last edited:
Reactions: garysa34

garysa34

Mar 1, 2012
That PCB is locked anyway so you are just as well updating to the latest dash, the older dash doesn't give you any benefit just stops you playing newer games. You will have to either get an unlocked PCB or Kamikazae your existing one as you suggested.
Okay, thanks. So if I try a kamikazae and cock it up I can just get a replacement pcb? Just update to latest dash 1st and use the dummy file I already have?

Antalpromille

VIP Member
Aug 4, 2011
Borås, sweden
Okay, thanks. So if I try a kamikazae and cock it up I can just get a replacement pcb? Just update to latest dash 1st and use the dummy file I already have?
Yes, that's correct. So don't worry, but if you are careful and take your time I'm sure you will succeed.

garysa34

Mar 1, 2012
Okay, thanks. So if I try a kamikazae and cock it up I can just get a replacement pcb? Just update to latest dash 1st and use the dummy file I already have?[/QUO

Whereabouts are you in the world?
Uk. I am happy to give it a try, I've done some reading and will make sure the volume is up on my pc and just take my time. Thanks

Utmad

VIP Member
Aug 15, 2010
Southampton, UK
Uk. I am happy to give it a try, I've done some reading and will make sure the volume is up on my pc and just take my time. Thanks
If you need any help let me know, take a good close up pic of the chip, count the legs and mark the chip to make sure you are in the correct place.