LITEON 9504 -0272 Sputnick Unlock Switch Freezing During Write

Loomingx

VIP Member
Oct 19, 2010
Canada
I am trying to flash a 0272 Lite-On with a Sputnick Unlock Switch. Slim key extract is fine. I'm able to get 0x00. But as soon as I try to write (tried both swtich unlocked and locked just for kicks) it freezes at:

Sending Chip Erase to Port 0x0000
Writing target buffer to flash
Writing Bank 0: .

I am using a USB Pro and Jungleflasher 1.92 so It can't be a Sata issue or being out of date.

Any one else experience this problem and or know how to fix it?

add1cted

May 26, 2011
Loomingx to solve your problem, put the switch to NORMAL, turn OFF the ck3, exit previous JF.
Now...with sputnik switch set on NORMAL, turn ON ck3, get the drive into INTRO, then click 0x8C and when the dots appears... just switch the sputnik to UNLOCK for 1 second... then back to NORMAL and after that WRITE your firmware :) It will work 100%

Reactions: Loomingx

Loomingx

VIP Member
Oct 19, 2010
Canada
Thanks for the tip add1cted but I believe it may be the soldering. I bought this board off a TX member with it already installed. I tried what you suggested but it would 0x00 before I even had the chance to flip the switch.

Sorry for the low quality picture but I only have a blackberry camera:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:

Loomingx

VIP Member
Oct 19, 2010
Canada
There are no resistor settings. It's the add on. (Sorry for not being more clear)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I have been following the Sputnick360 guide. Is there a slight variation in the order of steps with the add-on that may be causing this or are you confident that it's just bad soldering?

Loomingx

VIP Member
Oct 19, 2010
Canada
I was, and tried at all resistance levels. But even when I don't drop it unlocks to 0x00 which leads me to believe it is the soldering. But if it wasn't soldered properly and I'm not probing the add on point why would it unlock?

nofeloniesyet

VIP Member
Jan 16, 2011
Nowhere
this is a board i got off a customer that had a go at mxic unlock.i had to patch up the little trace under the one he was posed to cut a bit and i soldered the lil board onto it .the soldering is fine,i was able to unlock,write and lock,unlock many times before i listed it on here.i ran it in a console for 4 days before i listed it.i was using the sputnick probe on 10ohm,unlocked every time.rewrite fine every time.if we cant resolve this over irc or something i need to go on and resolve this for you.i had no issues with it or i would not have let it go,not on my names sake.

if i was misleading about which switch i put on this in my ad im very sorry,i thought i was clear about which one it was.

flip switch to unlock,intro it,get spi status,hit spi status button to unlock,when u see ...... probe point you should hear beeps from jf then status 0x00 then hit write.

may not hurt to try an erase also before flash,i flashed that thing i dunno how many times.

Last edited:

Loomingx

VIP Member
Oct 19, 2010
Canada
Oh, no doubt. I wasn't intending to put any blame on you and you weren't misleading at all. I was just trying to solve the issue, I know these finicky issues can be caused by a number of things.

What is weird to me is that regardless what position I have the switch in or whether I'm probing or not it automatically unlocks to 0x00 without a series of ....'s

I'll keep you posted.

nofeloniesyet

VIP Member
Jan 16, 2011
Nowhere
please do,as anything could be going on and ill sleep a lot better knowin we got it resolved,sh*t happens though.

Loomingx

VIP Member
Oct 19, 2010
Canada
Ok, I took of the add on and ran through JF. Even without needing to probe my board would SPI Unlock...

I fit a Spuntick360 and same deal. It would SPI Unlock but freeze during the write.

This has to be an issue with the trace and not the soldering if it is SPI Unlocking regardless of anything.

Here's the Sputnick install:

nofeloniesyet

VIP Member
Jan 16, 2011
Nowhere
Ok, I took of the add on and ran through JF. Even without needing to probe my board would SPI Unlock...

I fit a Spuntick360 and same deal. It would SPI Unlock but freeze during the write.

This has to be an issue with the trace and not the soldering if it is SPI Unlocking regardless of anything.

Here's the Sputnick install:

Link To Image
wonder wth happened? worked in my rgh slim for days and read/wrote to it many times,anyhow,will pm you and get this resolved :)

Loomingx

VIP Member
Oct 19, 2010
Canada
I wish. I'm using a USB Pro v.018

Nofelonies yet has given me outstanding support and a full refund. Despite this complication I would definitely do business with him again.

I'm going to mess around with the board when I have time and let you guys know if I'm able to figure it out because I'm sure others have had similar issues.

EDIT: I took off the Sputnick360, repaired the trace and I'm still unable to SPI Unlock and get 0x00 status.

The only difference is when I try to write is this even though it displays as 0x00 in the flash chip properties:

Getting Status from port 0x0000
SPi flash found with Status 0x72

Sending Chip Erase to Port 0x0000
Writing target buffer to flash
Writing Bank 0: .

Last edited:

TilVl

VIP Member
May 11, 2011
Seems odd. Where you located? Maybe someone here can take a look at it.

Sent from my SGH-T839 using Tapatalk

Loomingx

VIP Member
Oct 19, 2010
Canada
Im in Toronto. It's just such a strange issue that it's SPi unlocking regardless of a probe, sputnick360, sputnick add on, or with a repaired trace, but freezes every time during the write. I know it's not my USB pro/CKi/Software because I've done plenty of Slim Lite-On's before.