10.0.1 - Boot issues through 2.9.2 / 2.9.5 / 3.0.0

imlivingproof

Noob Account
May 24, 2020
ontario canada
Good Morning Team Xecuter Forms,

Sorry in advance for the long message… I purchased a SX pro "Canada" w/ dongle approx. 3 months ago right at the start of COVID 19 from www.flashcarda.com. FedEx took almost 2 months for me to receive the package, day one I was excited, then issue arose. Still haven’t been able to get this thing working… PLEASE HELP!

When I finally received the package, I started going through the user manual, first step is to run emunand (seemed to work, chose the hidden partition, got ok or check mark on all 3 steps). From there (using the two parts), I tried to boot custom firmware 2.9.2. & 2.9.5. Switch got stuck after Nintendo splash screen black and not responding. Proceeded to the forms, figured I better read before asking, saw I wasn’t the only one with this issue. Figured out that if you hold the power, remove the dongle, micro SD & jig it would boot normal. Read that a fix was coming soon and to please be patient, figured I would check in periodically and for a fix.

I should note that my switch doesn’t show the version in settings when running normal, it just tries to get me to update, won’t read a micro SD as it is requesting an update (not sure if this is affecting the CFW performance). Currently running 10.0.1. firmware. I believe the emunand created is still present on the micro SD. This morning I have a couple minutes so check online for a new CFW & 3.0.0 is here! I download from https://sx.xecuter.com/ extract the file and replace the “boot” file on my micro SD. Same licence and other files as before. Pop the SD into the switch, grab the dongle and jig, hold volume hit power. Green light, blue light release buttons then the “team xecuter” splash screen appears, Nintendo splash and then black… similar to before the switch appears to be not functioning. Hold power, remove 3 and boot normal.

Do I need to update the switch?
Format the SD card and start fresh?
(tried this once before when using 2.9.5, emunand installed again fine)
If I “start fresh” do I use the same licence?

I see other similar posts, when i try to use their info it just says "fixed" or try this in options (that i don't have access to). If i put 2.9.5 back on the micro SD and boot using the dongle i can get into the SX OS menu. If there is an option in there to run to fix the problem i can do that as well. the only thing I read I didn't try was this:

Check This, for me works.
SXOS Menü (Power off + Vol +)

1. Options
2. NAND
3. Repair GPT
4. Run CFW (2.9.5)
5. Download SX OS 3.0.0
6. Restart Switch

Didn't know what repairing the GPT would do, would i loos all the info on the cards?

List thing I want is the switch to stop working all together because I did something out of order. All files are backed up on my computer so its not an issue to start fresh. Look forward to hearing back, thank you for your time.

TW

Last edited:

imlivingproof

Noob Account
May 24, 2020
ontario canada
Update:
Just purchased a brand new 64GB micro SD.
Only put the licence & boot.dat.
I've tried to boot CFW for:
2.9.2 = just black
2.9.5 = flash of Nintendo @ 4 seconds then black screen
3.0.0 = flash of Nintendo @ 2 seconds then black screen but light on dongle remains green?
Left this running for 30-45 Nintendo switch splash screen, goes to the main sign in screen then turns off.
Green light comes on for another 15-20 seconds and then turns off.
Turn it back on, go to album and nothing but pictures.
I've tried all 3 with and with out Emunand

This leads me to believe it maybe my switch somehow...
Obviously verified this unit wasn't patched prior to ordering.
Thoughts?

dr.wario64

Jun 15, 2020
belgium
I thought I had the same issues.
but not. I'm on OFW 2.0.0 had an update downloaded ready before.

And i cannot get my CFW to load.
Tried everything sd card 32/128/256 gig , OS 2.9.2 OS 3.0.0
formatting several times, requesting license.dat's

Seems like my systems hangs or cannot load with a license on my Sd card
When I add license on SD card and want to go to SX settings menu i get a blue screen
deleted license on sd card i can access this menu....

I thought I had the same issues since I had update ready for 2.3.0
but I was deleted when I did a factory reset.

if anyone is able to help me let me know. I think it's my dongle or license file

imlivingproof

Noob Account
May 24, 2020
ontario canada
Are you using an EXFAT partition? if so try formating FAT32. I'm running windows 7 and it wouldn't let me format FAT32. Downloaded "EaseUS Partition Master 14.0" worked perfect. Let me know if it gets you up and running.

galahad2288

Noob Account
Jul 1, 2020
Winnipeg
Are you using an EXFAT partition? if so try formating FAT32. I'm running windows 7 and it wouldn't let me format FAT32. Downloaded "EaseUS Partition Master 14.0" worked perfect. Let me know if it gets you up and running.
I had the same issue. I tried formating my sd card to FAT32 and guess what! It worked!
Thank you very much and enjoy!