LITEON DG-16D4S - SLIM 1071 HOP-5XXR Open Tray

HydroFusion

Noob Account
Nov 3, 2011
A while back I made the stupid mistake of connecting the DVD power upside down, thus blowing the pcb without having any key information stored, this lead to me sending the circuit board away for professional retrieval of the key. I got back the full firmware dump and key dump.

However after ordering a replacement pcb (tx 1.1) and flashing the OFW I got back. I began to receive the open tray message from the dashboard after the disc motor spins for half a second. I learned that the plugging of the power or the flashing process could have damaged/blown the laser, so I ordered a replacement G2R2 HOP 15XX laser after reading the product description and it stating it was compatible with my drive type, I also replaced the ribbon/flex cable to ensure that was not the problem, but I still received the error.

I have been doing some research and double checking things, it appeared that the original laser in my drive was actually a 5XXR, which I couldn't find any information or relative threads about, even more troubling is the fact that I cannot find any reputable place where I could buy a replacement laser.

I am wondering if anyone has any experience with these kind of lasers and can provide any insight as to whether there is something within this process that I have done wrong which can be corrected, or whether any of the other G2R2 lasers are compatible with my drive. I really need some expert advice as I am starting to become frustrated.

Thanks for any help you can provide and sorry for the ridiculously long post, I just wanted to make sure I told you everything I tried. :)