JTAG 1tb external hard drive jtag

dpcragg

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2010
hi i am in need of some serious help if any kind chap would help i would really appreciate it thanks. i need to know how to format my external hard drive for fat32 to put games on etc thanks in advance

dpcragg

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2010
this external hard drive is the only hard drive im going to be using will this show up as the full 1tb ???

dpcragg

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2010
as it only shows up as 15gb now and i wanna run games off this hard drive will it let me do that if theres only 15gb free space sorry this is my 1st jtag lol

Baz Gee

May 22, 2011
Sunderland, UK
as it only shows up as 15gb now and i wanna run games off this hard drive will it let me do that if theres only 15gb free space sorry this is my 1st jtag lol
Okay Format the hard drive in windows quick format to NTFS.

Then run the program I sent you and quick format the hard drive as FAT32.

Then the hard drive will show up as the full amount. Just try it.

nosherfj

VIP Member
Nov 1, 2010
Manchester UK
is it really only fat 32 that gets recognised by the jtag? i've been converting my backups with wx360 on a ntfs 1.5 tb external hdd ready for a jtag coming fri with 750gb internal drive. what i wanna do is copy from external to internal. but maybe later get another hdd but usb powered to sit on the top of jtag.what's the max usb powered hdd.anyone know.any recommendations?

ive heard you can just plug in the hdd to the xbox and let the xbox format it?

if this is the case won't i be able to ftp to by jtag to work round the prob?

Last edited:

Baz Gee

May 22, 2011
Sunderland, UK
is it really only fat 32 that gets recognised by the jtag? i've been converting my backups with wx360 on a ntfs 1.5 tb external hdd ready for a jtag coming fri with 750gb internal drive.

ive heard you can just plug in the hdd to the xbox and let the xbox format it?

if this is the case won't i be able to ftp to by jtag to work round the prob?
Yes FAT32 is recognised by a jtag. NTFS is not.

You can FTP them across to your internal using XEXmenu or freestyle dash. :)

nosherfj

VIP Member
Nov 1, 2010
Manchester UK
anyone know what the maximum storage usb powered hdd's go? any recommendations? that way i don't have to get up of the sofa to switch on hdd ect lol

dpcragg

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2010
it asks me to configure it so i did and it still shows up as 15gb i dont av xex or freestyle dash installed i am trying to put them on this hard drive and have everything on this hard drive this is so confusing thanks lol

Baz Gee

May 22, 2011
Sunderland, UK
it asks me to configure it so i did and it still shows up as 15gb i dont av xex or freestyle dash installed i am trying to put them on this hard drive and have everything on this hard drive this is so confusing thanks lol
Your Original post says you wanted to format your Hard drive to FAT32 to put games on it for your jtag.

Have you did what I said with the program on your PC? If so your hard drive should now be FAT32 and at full capacity.

Use your xbox Hard drive for XEXmenu and freestyle dash etc.

dpcragg

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2010
dont have an xbox hard drive just this external one cud i install xex and freestyle to a pen drive then i can get full space on external drive then