2.0.8955.0 & samsung(maybe) & AP25 = safe ?

moxfalder

VIP Member
Dec 10, 2010
Hello folks.

Situation:
- xbox 360 (Pro i think) 60 Gb
- DVD firmware(i don't know)
- Dashboard: 2.0.8955.0
- wave 6 games runs without activate disc
- buy the wire i think it's samsung drive, but on the back of console written with black marker "Liteon 25"
- right now i don't have kit for opening console
- console not connected to internet(never been)

I want:
- to check if that a samsung or liteon, by trying to run Hot Pursuit(AP25).

Expect:
- if game don't runs, mean liteon
- if game runs, means sumsung without AP25

Question:
- is it safe with this older dashboard to put AP25 disc in the console ?
- if i somewhere above wrong, please correct me.

Thanks.

garageinc

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2010
peterborough UK
download the jungle flasher guide in the downloads section, it will help you ID your drive 100%.

nfs will not work without the new dashboard even if it is an original, you can update that safely with a usb pen drive with the update on it from the ms web site.

if you do put it in anyway and it fails the ap2.5 and is a liteon the machine will flag itself for a ban.

if you put it in anyway and it is a samsung you are in the clear as even if it does not boot samsungs cannot ap2.5 check anyway, failed boot will mean you need to update the firmware to lt as there is no lt+ for it and it doesn't need it.

you can also ID a drive from the shape cut out of its drive drawer.

moxfalder

VIP Member
Dec 10, 2010
Thanks.
Alright, it's great answer.
And one more thing:
- if it's samsung(mean no AP25), i need just update dashboard for play AP25 games offline without any problems, and wait for lt+ release for online playing, right ?

garageinc

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2010
peterborough UK
maybe without knowing what firmware is already on it i couldn't tell you.
if it is a samsung i have been in your exact situation though with my spare machine. it was on 8995 also and i wasn't sure of the firmware i just new it was xtreme(mega old now lol) not even ixtreme let alone lt. what i did was updated the dash from usb, put in an unpatched nfs first, that didn't boot and i did not know it needed patching then, no flag on xval though so all good. i expect it did not boot because my xtreme firmware was out of date for that particular wave disc, just my theory though to be honest i dont really know why.
i then updated it to lt put in the unpatched disc again and it booted no problem.
i then read about the patch being needed and thought at first bugger and rechecked my xval, still no flag so relieved i patch nfs try that and as expected that boots fine too on lt with new dash installed. still no flags on xval and c4e and xecuter confirm no ap2.5 on these drives now which is like god himself telling me as far as i'm concerned so you cant really lose whatever happens provided you have a samsung that is. if you cannot be 100% sure its a samsung and its the original drive then i would not put any ap2.5 backup near it unless you plan never to go on live with it.

moxfalder

VIP Member
Dec 10, 2010
Addition info:
- opened tray looks like this

- and wires looks like this

So i think i have samsung:
- no matter which firmware DVD drive have, i need just update dashboard and play off-line untile flash drive with new firmware ?
- for my xbox 360, it's mean no troubles with any new AP like AP25 ?

Last edited:

garageinc

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2010
peterborough UK
i cant access those photos mate but if its the same as the samsung in my one then yes you could try it after the update then flash it to Lt if it needs it if you plan on going on live with it.(Lt may already be on there, you wont know until you hook it up to a pc for sure) one thing to note i remove my hard drive when doing the usb updates to the dash and with this one after the machine rebooted it gave an error code on screen, i forget now which error but this is because it never installed the full update security and it moaned about there not being a storage device with sufficient space to complete the update. ignore all that when/if it happens to you all you need to do is remove the memory stick with the update and reboot to your new dash :D this panicked me for a second at first but it was nothing and i had it again on doing my next samsung update too for a friend, not trying to worry you just prepare you for it so you dont sh*t when it happens lol
and whatever you do do NOT update the dash from a backup ap2.5 disc as if your firmware is out of date enough it will fail leaving you locked in a cycle of it trying to continue the update from the disc and you will need an original to get it to continue, thats why i always use usb, just make sure its a fat 32 formatted flash drive, get the update on it, plug it in and power up the xbox and it will do the rest.

moxfalder

VIP Member
Dec 10, 2010
Funny update you have :)

I will not plan to go "live" until i be sure that i have latest dvd firmware.

For dashboard update i can use DVD disc, right, and don't need to disassemble xbox 360 hdd ?

moxfalder

VIP Member
Dec 10, 2010
Update:
- now i have latest dashboard
- properly patched->checked->burned "hot pursuit" and get "unreadable disc"

Question:
- it's mean that i have dated "xtreame", and now i need just flash drive with "lt", and that's it ?

moxfalder

VIP Member
Dec 10, 2010
This is from info about "lt" for samsung:
-Waveless booting
Q:
- it's mean that no matter what wave of the game ?