2.6 Lite Switch Positions ???

X-Killer-X

Dec 14, 2004
UK
OK.. I've got my bios and have increase it using the app program to 512.. is this correct?... Next, got chip enable ON and Flash Protect to OFF.. but what positions do i need to have the BANK? in 1 or 2, what's the difference?

B0N3D

Sep 24, 2004
Brockton
doesn't matter what switch position when flashing .. after you flash, switch 1 (bank 1) will have the new 512k bios.

twister99

Noob Account
Jan 6, 2004
Hitachi Problem

I have just flashed my Hitachi 47D Drive With LT Plus 1.1

I Burned A Region-Free .iso To a Verb DVD+R DL using the .dvd file with imgBurn.

But when i inserted the disc is says 'Reading...'

Then 'Open Tray'

But when i use a Retail Disc it boots no problem...

Any Ideas?

Thanks In Advance :)
Lee

ReMix

Console Freak
Nov 4, 2003
Re: Hitachi Problem

1. refine your burning techniques
a. use verbatim media
b. burn at 2.4x
c. do not use any other programs whilst burning

2. try the POT tweak

twister99

Noob Account
Jan 6, 2004

Thanks for the fast reply...

I have done all of step 1...verified it using abgx360...

I have read about the POT tweak but i am unsure on if its going to break my drive or not...

is there nothing else to try before doing this?

Thanks
Lee

Huitzlopochtli

Jan 6, 2004

I have the same drive, same issue. There are two things, other than the list above that I have found helps. The first, turn auto-load back on if you don't have it on. For some reason it helps. Also, mine seems to load the backups much better after it is warmed up. This is a little odd to me, but when it starts up cold it has a hard time loading backups, but after it has been playing something for awhile it seems to load them much better.

Huitzlopochtli

Jan 6, 2004

I have the same drive, same issue. There are two things, other than the list above that I have found helps. The first, turn auto-load back on if you don't have it on. For some reason it helps. Also, mine seems to load the backups much better after it is warmed up. This is a little odd to me, but when it starts up cold it has a hard time loading backups, but after it has been playing something for awhile it seems to load them much better.

twister99

Noob Account
Jan 6, 2004

thanks for the reply, tried both of them but still no luck,

anything else or is pot tweak going to be the best option?