2 Coronas v4-v6 wont boot with coolrunner rev C

evolvergt

Mar 4, 2012
Guatemala
TX Product(s) used: J-R Programmer v2, Coolrunner rev C, QSB CR Upgrade, DGX, DIY SD Adapter, DIY No PostOut :)
Console Type: Corona v4 Halo 4, Corona v4 standard
NAND size: 16MB and 4GB
Dashboard version: 2.0.16202 and 2.0.16197
CB version: e.g 13181 and 13182

Screenshot of NAND details from J-Runner
:

Untitled-1.jpg

Image of Coolrunners:
IMG_0007[1].jpg
I know you are looking at my awesome SD adapter, its a DIY since I couldnt find the QSB SD from xconsoles.com

Images of close-up soldering to motherboard:
IMG_0004[1].jpgIMG_0005[1].jpg

Description of problem:

Was the console working before you started: Yes

After all the soldering and a no go, I reflashed the stock nand to both consoles and they work perfectly, I had to use a dremel on the CPU to get to POST_OUT since both consoles have them removed and since I purchased a new lot on xconsoles.com on black friday.

I have installed several CR3 Pros getting Perfecto timings and CR3 Lite and CR rev a, b, c on both Fat and Slim consoles, so Im not a noob here, Its just that I dont like to flood the forum with stuff I can get on another users with problems.

My problem is that I cant get both coronas to boot, they keep glitching without booting, I use the ethernet method to get the CPU key. I tested on the Halo 4 console with a DGX, and a CR rev c but it wont glitch, I have measured .35 mohm and .27 mohm on the POST_OUT and ground.

I have done 2 succesful installs with my DIY method of POST_OUT but with a CR3 PRO install, I dont remember what Dashboard where them, im thinking if that is the problem.

I tested with kynar wire for CPU_RST, 15cm, 10cm 8cm, shielded wire, all the timing files, I even tested the corona DGX ecc file without avail.

Im in the dark here, any help will gladly be accepted. BTW all TX hardware has been purchased on xconsoles.com and they have never sent me fake products, I even registered this last serials just to be sure.

Attachments

playingmax

Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
do urself a favor remove that white wire use the blue wire wrap around xclamp
he isnt using a trinity! use stock blue wire at 8 to 10 cm.

where is ur postout going to? and ur console doesnt have a postout so u need to use fakepost (buy it on xconsoles)
you also need to bridge r2c7 and r2c6

evolvergt

Mar 4, 2012
Guatemala
The coolrunner is cycling but it won't boot to xell (it continues to cycle) also I have tested bridging r2c7 and r2c6 but still nothing, if I bridge or don't bridge still jrunner reads and writes ok

Enviado desde mi iPhone con Tapatalk

evolvergt

Mar 4, 2012
Guatemala
I couldn't get those post fix adapters since xconsoles.com didn't have at the moment I made my purchase but I have made 2 successful installs with a dremel and a cat5e wire directly to the processor.

evolvergt

Mar 4, 2012
Guatemala
The postfix adapter only connects the pad 4 on the Xbox processor to the cpu_rst pad on the coolrunner, I already tested my connection with a tester and it's working the cr cycles but doesn't boot, so that is not the problem, someone correct me if I am wrong please, also I stated that I have had 2 successful instal prior to this 2 stubborn coronas with this method BUT with a cr3 pro

jsinger47

Troll Eating Dogs
Feb 6, 2011
Grand Rapids, MI
When you say mohm, you mean mega ohm right? Not milli?

Another thing. Most of my experiences are that post gives about 17K ohm. Yours seem a bit high even if you are talking about mega

In the case of a spelling error, I blame Tapatalk.

Reactions: evolvergt

evolvergt

Mar 4, 2012
Guatemala
You are right I have readings in the megaohms range, and I recall having about 35kohms on another install, so thanks I will change my wiring on the post_out and upload some pictures tomorrow.

Thanks again!

evolvergt

Mar 4, 2012
Guatemala
Sorry guys, I bridged r2c7 and r2c6, wrote back original nand and console boots fine, created a new ecc image wrote it and still a no go, I rerouted wires, tested with 50cm lenght 14cm lenght, 8cm lenght, kynar wyre, shielded wire and still a no go.

I have the QSB corona upgrade and I cant hear the oscillator buzzing, still the coolrunner flashes green, can this be possible?

evolvergt

Mar 4, 2012
Guatemala
Sorry to bump my old post, finally I received my batch of CPU_POST adapters, I could glitch the corona v4 but the corona v6 is being impossible for me.

My coolrunner rev c is glitching with the usual green light, I know I might sound noob but I cant hear the thing buzzing, I read that not all the RGHs buzz, and that it should be like obvious but I dont know why some consoles buzz and some others wont (even if all have the CR rev C and Corona post fix adapter).

If anyone knows why it will buzz or not let me know.
And if anyone knows if there are custom ECC files besides the one J-Runner autoselects please let me know :frown:

playingmax

Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Sorry to bump my old post, finally I received my batch of CPU_POST adapters, I could glitch the corona v4 but the corona v6 is being impossible for me.

My coolrunner rev c is glitching with the usual green light, I know I might sound noob but I cant hear the thing buzzing, I read that not all the RGHs buzz, and that it should be like obvious but I dont know why some consoles buzz and some others wont (even if all have the CR rev C and Corona post fix adapter).

If anyone knows why it will buzz or not let me know.
And if anyone knows if there are custom ECC files besides the one J-Runner autoselects please let me know :frown:
try removing r1r1. or just get urself a proto!

Reactions: evolvergt