250GB Hitachi shows fat32 format

gica69

Noob Account
Dec 3, 2011
I just got two of these and was playing around with Xplorer360 and trying to copy the 120Gb contents to the 250GB and now one of the 250 Hitachi is not recognised by the Xbox360. In Computer Management it shows the Healthy Fat32 Primary Partition. In Horizon it shows all the original files. Xplorer360 does not read anymore. I don't care about the files on it I just want to restore for Xbox360 to recognise it. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

gica69

Noob Account
Dec 3, 2011
OK I downloaded Party Buffalo and it has an option for saving the Security Sector Bin, done that. Can I use this to redo the original FatX, preferably in dos so I don't have to open the sealed Xbox HD and connect it through X360USBPro. I'd like to use the data transfer cable connect if possible. Don't know if HDDHacker works in dos.

gica69

Noob Account
Dec 3, 2011
I bought two of these drives at the same time, both in original Microsof enclosures, can I get the security sector bin from the second one and put it on the Fat32 one. If so is there a tutorial on how to do that. Do I still have to make an undo.bin and write it?

gica69

Noob Account
Dec 3, 2011
Hey Playingmax thanks for the replies. I have and always used Google before asking, I've seen various methods like saving sectors 16-22 and writing it with Hexworkshop and then formating with HDDHacker. I just want to make sure that the ssb from the good 250gb that I saved with Party Buffalo is OK to use without changing anything in it, do I just write it to the Fat32 250GB drive that I'm fixing, and when that it's done can I use the Xbox360 to format instead of HDDHacker. I don't want to take the drive out of the enclosure and break the seal. They're new drives. I don't want to experiment too much and screw it up more, even though I don't think it's possible, it could always brick, heh don't think so.Anyways let me know.

gica69

Noob Account
Dec 3, 2011
Thanks for the info. I finally removed the microsoft sticker and used hddhackr to just reformat since the hddss.bin matched and didn't need reflashing. I was looking for a way to avoid removing the sticker and using the data transfer cable.