320gb hard drive on phat xbox

blackmamba22

Jan 23, 2011
For some reason once i put it in my xbox it says 236 GB free. Capacity 294 GB. Is that what it's suppose to say?

Last edited:

plumpkatt1

May 29, 2005
usa
I just picked up one of these 320GB hard drives (Model 1451) for cheap. Upon opening it and realizing I am only looking at a SATA power and data port and no cables in the packaging leaves me wondering how you guys are connecting these drives to a Phat Xbox?

I cant get my money back so I am wondering, can I use it on my Phat Benq with LT2.0? I didnt realize it wouldnt connect to my unit.

Please lend some advice. Is there a special cable I can use to make this drive usable on my Xbox? This stock 20 or 30 gig HD of mine isnt cutting it. I have a broken 250GB drive from a Phat laying here but the hard drive is bad.

Thanx in advance for any advice. Should I just start a new thread for this question?

plumpkatt1

May 29, 2005
usa
Hey guys, I took apart the shot 250 gb phat drive and took out the cable. That cable connects to the phat xbox 360 drive port and then fits a slim xbox drive/standard SATA HD and the phat Xbox recognizes the 320gb drive.

I am copying a game to the drive now.