360 Trinity - Demon Dual Nand Issue

marshal396

Noob Account
May 26, 2012
Skipton, North Yorkshire
Hi,

Maybe a bit of a weird one but let me know what info you may need and I will add accordingly.

Essentially I accidentally overwrote my retail side of my Demon dual nand, now for a good while I thought the backup nands I took were all of the non retail because basically... they just wouldn't work when i tried to write them back over. when writing the retail side back over and attempting to boot it doesnt do anything for about a minute then I just gives me a red dot.

I flashed my known to be hacked nand over it once more and when attempting to boot that it does seem to be glitching and booting without issue... i was under the impression the demon chip prevents glitching regardless on the "retail" side? either way ideas/help on what i may have broken and is casuing the retail nand to not boot would be greatly appriciated.

FYI:
The Nand info (such as 2BL[CB_A]) etc for my believed to be retail nands are showing the likes of 9231 while my known non retail dumps are showing 9188. is it right to assume this is enough to confirm one is retail and one is not.

If it helps i was attempting to update xeBuild which may have been applied to the retail side.

Any help would be greatly appriciated and happy to provide any necessary info to help diagnose (i just dont know what info you may need as of yet)

marshal396

Noob Account
May 26, 2012
Skipton, North Yorkshire
what were u trying to do that u accidentally overwrote ur retail nand.
you dont have a backup of ur retail nand? did you try flashing it to the onboard nand?
Hey,

I believe the backups I have are the retail (it was a read dump from the demon while it was toggled onto retail), i just dont get how I can confirm this other than in Jrunner and going off the "2BL[CB_A])" info from the nand dump.

I was trying to update xell but had not realised i had toggled to the retail side of my demon when i wrote the new nand to it.

when you say trying to flash the onboard nand, what do you mean exactly? like what is the process for that since the only thing ive used thus far is the demon usb connection and toggle on the back/through jrunner.

thanks for the interest in helping :)

playingmax

Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Top Poster Of Month

marshal396

Noob Account
May 26, 2012
Skipton, North Yorkshire
so u dont have a backup of ur original nand?
if flashed freeboot img to both the onboard and demon. u should still be able to boot into witch ever ur CR is hooked up to.
if you need to build a retail nand look here.
https://team-xecuter.com/community/threads/how-to-build-a-retail-image-if-you-only-have-your-rgh-image.121417/
and what do you mean u were trying to update ur xell? do u mean ur dashboard?
I have a bunch of nand backups in attempt to prevent just this situation, what i'm trying to say is if I load what I believe to be one of my retail nand backups into Jrunner I dont understand if there is something in JRunner information wise that confirm this.

By xell I was on about XeLL Reloaded (the Xenos Linux Loader) i was literally trying to update the loader.

I dont think i need to build a retail as the one I have should work, what I dont understand is why when i write it to my Demons retail side it failes to boot and just gives me a RDOD.

If I write a RGH to the retail site of the demon it goes through the glitch process and boots perfectly.

Is there something step wise i'm missing when trying to write the the retail nand to get it to work thats causing it to not boot?

Ive even tried building a retail nand but I keep getting an error about the donor nand size "ERROR: SMC size 0x1080000 not supported!!!"

Thanks for your time and help.