360 Won't Turn On

pistonman94

Noob Account
Feb 6, 2011
Alright guys, this happened to me about 4 months ago and I'm trying to get this working again. I was at a buddy's house and I was playing and it was working fine. The next day I took it home and hooked it up and it wouldn't turn on. The power supply is always orange so it might be the problem, but I'm not sure since I don't have another one to test.

I tested the power on the motherboard when it was plugged in and I got 5.24V on the eight pin, but I could only get 65mV on the 4, 5, and 6 pins which are supposed to be 12V if what I read is correct.

If anyone can help me figure out what my problem is, or give me more things to check it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much.

Numaholic

VIP Member
Nov 9, 2010
Maybe it is not supplying enough electricity, and could work if you bought another brick. (my slim brick goes green when on)

pistonman94

Noob Account
Feb 6, 2011
Maybe it is not supplying enough electricity, and could work if you bought another brick. (my slim brick goes green when on)
Yea that could be the problem, that's why I wanted to see if anyone knew how to test the power supply more in-depth just in case I don't have to buy one. Yea it should go green, but it doesn't because the xbox is not actually turning on.

Numaholic

VIP Member
Nov 9, 2010
Have you tried turning on the 360 with your controller?

Numaholic

VIP Member
Nov 9, 2010
Actually, an idea is, to test it you could take it to your local game store and see if they will let you test it with one of their power bricks.

pistonman94

Noob Account
Feb 6, 2011
I will have to give that a try tomorrow. If that doesn't work though I'm gonna be mad, taking that thing apart was a pain in the ass. I sure don't want to do that again.