360s. No more beep

minus4

Noob Account
Jan 30, 2011
Leeds, UK
Hiya. I got new slim. I am not a noob to flashing but am new to the slim and whilst waiting fot lt+ i thought i would get ahead and find what drive. Model firmware etc i have. Now i havent done anything but i dont get power to the box and cant get the initial beep was wondering if there is some kindbof case open switch i havent found or does the slim detect if the sata is not plugged in. I did at one point get just a fan but then after 10 mins the fan turned off and havent had it going since, also on the pcb for the new power button do u need the ribbon plugged in or can you use the button in bottom right corner i have tried both methods without joy. Your advice much appreciated. Ta

Numaholic

VIP Member
Nov 9, 2010
This kind of happened to me. I don't know if it is the same problem but the power didn't turn on when I pressed the button, nor did the disc eject when I pressed the eject button. I thought it was most likely the ribbon as I turned the console on with the controller (held down the xbox button), so it was a problem with connection of the ribbon. I put the ribbon back on but I made sure I did it carefully, and it worked. I know you've said you tried it but try it again and make sure you put the sticking out bit in the rectangle pushed in to where you place the ribbon around. Also make sure you don't put it on upside down, otherwise it won't work.

Hope this helps!:D

minus4

Noob Account
Jan 30, 2011
Leeds, UK
yeah thanks will give that a bash, was dreaming this all night..... but dosflash was detecting my drive and working without xbox being plugged in hahahaha i had no xbox but least my dosflash worked :) will give it another bash when its not 2 am and tired sometimes a good sleep seems to get rid of any bugs and faults.