6 Easy Steps to get up and running FAST !

Xecuter

Staff member
Top TX Brass
Dec 6, 2002
Asia
team-xecuter.com
1) First of all follow the install tutorial correctly. If you do your mod will work. The easiest is the pin header install - its the same as the X3 installation

2) All X2.6 / X2.6CE have FlashBIOS v3.01 on Bank 1 and FlashBIOS v3.03 on Bank 2. 301 is for v1.0 - v1.6 - 303 is for v1.6b - if one doesnt work try the other.

3) Make sure you fit the LPC rebuild pcb if you have a v1.6 / v1.6b - DO A CLEAN JOB !

4) Flash a 512k X2 4983 Bios if you have a v1.0 - v1.5 - Flash a 1MB Evox M8 v16 Plus bios if you have a v1.6 / v1.6b

5) If you FRAG (eject led FLASHING RED AND GREEN) then your install was most probably bad - it only takes one bad point.

6) Do some reading - use the search button - use common sense - its all here guys - this chip is easy to fit and flash. If you have trouble then remember there is a 0.1% chance the mod is faulty and a 99.9% chance that you did something wrong - these figures are pretty accurate.

We are here to help you - dont post like idiots or you will be ignored. if you post a question and we feel you didnt search or read or give enough info - we will simply ignore you from now on.

Thanks for reading and good luck :)

Babysexydragon

Noob Account
Jan 26, 2005
Hey i know you said that you will ignore every post that you think it will be maybe stupid but i really need some big help. I bought a xecuter 2.6 for my x box and installed it and work perfectly. Then I upgrade the bios to 3.03. until now i'm great. Now i dont know what i have to install cause every where i read they said i need to have Evox or something like that... i'm from Puerto Rico but dont have to much resources to find out what i have to do now or where can i get the Evox or where can i download the nessesary files to pu my evox to work. Hey i dont wanna loose the 40 bucks i paid for it. please help. [email protected]

Babysexydragon

Noob Account
Jan 26, 2005
Hey i know you said that you will ignore every post that you think it will be maybe stupid but i really need some big help. I bought a xecuter 2.6 for my x box and installed it and work perfectly. Then I upgrade the bios to 3.03. until now i'm great. Now i dont know what i have to install cause every where i read they said i need to have Evox or something like that... i'm from Puerto Rico but dont have to much resources to find out what i have to do now or where can i get the Evox or where can i download the nessesary files to pu my evox to work. Hey i dont wanna loose the 40 bucks i paid for it. please help. [email protected]

bb4e

Noob Account
Jun 22, 2004
Babysexydragon said:
You did ask a stupid question. You need to download evox from xbins.

Instructions are here: http://www.xbox-scene.com/articles/xbins.php

And those instructions are shown in the first sticky message of this forum. The url is: http://www.team-xecuter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7564

I'm no expert, but I think the 3.03 bios is only for the version 1.6B XBox. Someone will have to confirm that for me. The sticky message mentioned above says v3.01 works on v1.0 - v1.6 / v3.03 works on v1.6b

Last edited:

akismei

May 22, 2004
i have flashed the chip with 512k x2 4983 bios (bank 1 ) and 512k flashbios v3.03 in bank2 .
my xbox`s version is v1.4 and my chip is x2.6ce solderless

my question is :can i use bank 2 with flashbios v3.03 to install any dashboard or i should have the cflashed the chip in bank2 with the flashbios v3.01??

Last edited:

markone

Dec 8, 2004
London,UK
You don't want to delete flashbios especially if you have no programmer.
I think you should have use Flashbios 3.0.1 for a 1.4 ver Xbox
Anyway check that all is working with backup games before proceeding just in case.
Get a copy of Slayers ver2.6
Extract and burn the ISO.
Place slayers ISO in your Xbox drive and reboot system.
Slayers will spin up so just follow the onscreen instructions and all will be insalled automatically.
You will then have Evox, Ava, and XBMC dashboards on your HD plus many other utils.
A very good package and simple to use!

Pablobox

Noob Account
Aug 16, 2004
Norway
Hello
I need some help: Got xbox v1.4 and x2.6CE with xapter, solderless thingy!

Well, i connectet the xapter and the little thingi 2 the d0 hole. It seems fine
Boots up and it lights up the place, goes straight into the 301 flashbios. Then i turned of the xbox since i didnt have the bios at hand, next time i try to boot up i put the flashprotector off, then turn on the xbox, now i get what i understand is called FRAG(the eject button lights up in red and green, also the xbox "hacks" the power goes off and on for 3 times, quite quick, then it settles with on and a black screen)
And everytime i start with flash protection off, i get this, WITH bank 1 that is! Bank 2 works fine and 303 pops up!
One question, when i flash a bios, does the bios file have to have the name bios.bin cuz if it is, thats the reason for my trouble! But if not, everytime i try to flash the bios, it does whats its supposed 2, then when i start the box again, it pops right back to flash bios 303 without ever loading the bios or whatever its supposed to do with it! same with bank 1, i get it startet with flashp. off, and get it flashed, but same thing happens there.. quite odd..

Any help is great!

Pål

JLATHA1

Noob Account
Mar 10, 2005
Xecuter 2.6ce Help

I am new to all of this so please be gentle...i bought a 2.6ce and had it installed by pc depot who is supposed to be professionals...the chips lights all come on but nothing works...the xbox plays as normal but no new screen or whatever it is thats supposed to come up...the switches i have show bank 1 and i have flash protect off and chip enable on with a green light...there is a purplish blue light inside the xbox which i assume is the chip...how can i get this working..i dont know what version xbox i have...like i said i am very new to this...please help

Simpo20

Mar 12, 2005
the best thing to do is get hold of a torx 20 and a torx 10 screwdriver and use the tutorials dotted around everywhere to see what version u have, then go from there

mart1nye

Noob Account
Feb 14, 2005
4983 bios

im new to the xbox scence to , i have installed the 2.6ce and everything seems ok, can anyone help me with how i get the x2 4983 bios as i cannot find it to down load

thanks
martin

garmantx

Noob Account
Mar 30, 2005
Hello, I could really use some advice:
I bought an xbox 1.0 with a very old mod chip with the old bios hard coded on it (meaning I can't change the bios). I installed slayer from a DVD and in order to get it to work, I had to ftp into the box and rename evoxdash.xbe to xboxdash.xbe.
So slayer is installed w/o evoxdash.xbe. I replaced the retail drive with a maxtor 80 gig and followed the directions carefully. The HD swap went fine except for the old cruddy bios read my 80 gig as an 8 gig HD.
Last weekend I installed Xecuter 2.6 CE, following all directions carefully. FlashBios 3.01 comes up and all the appropriate LED's turn on. I tried to install bios m7 in bank 1 (flash protect off) from a burned DVD. The xbox shuts down, and I turn it on again and FlashBios boots up again, just like nothing has ever happened. My guess is that its looking for the evoxdash.xbe file I renamed earlier, since it was an evox provided bios.
So I tried to flash X2 4983 from a DVD. Same problem. FlashBios boots up first everytime. I can't boot from a DVD to run Slayers to change any of my HD files.
When I turn off the modchip, I get flashing red and green because my HD is unlocked or xboxdash.xbe is actually a different file (I think)...

I have xboxhdm and I *could* restore my HD to the orginal state, but I don't know if thats going to be worth the trouble or help in any way.

So to sum it up, Why does my xbox always load FlashBios first, even after I've flashed the bios? Are there specific files that those bios's are looking for on the HD? Or by some chance the modchip LED's come on AND I have a bad install.

Any help is greatly appreciated,

Garret

garmantx

Noob Account
Mar 30, 2005
Switching to a different bank after flash..still does not work.

Ignore all of my HD hoopla earlier, I got it to work.. This is what you have to do:

Download biosmanager(x2bm v2.2) ...open it up and put x2_4983 (256k) bios into banks 1 and 2. Right click and save to bios.bin. It should be 512k. Burn it on a DVD (follow the Flashbios tutorials) and flash to bank 1. Boot it up and omg, there's my dashboard. Haven't seen that in days.
For some wierd reason 2.6 CE's do not like 256k bios's. (Or at least 4983's) This kinda of a hacky way around fixing this problem but it works!!!
Thanks guys for your help.

jimmyorange1980

Noob Account
Apr 17, 2005
i, im kind of new to tinkering around with my xbox so if i sound a little 'green' please forgive me. I have just installed an xecuter 2.6ce modchip which seems to be working great, but im at the point now where i need to flash the chip with the xecuter 4983 bios. But i have no idea how to use the x2bm bios manager program to convert the bios into a 1mb file. Are there any other programs out there that are able to do this or can anyone help me with the x2bm program, cheers.

Jason26

Noob Account
May 7, 2005
I too flashed the wrong bios onto my 2.6 chip and now it just frags red and green. Can anyone help out with some info on how to re-flash it?

uofuguy

Noob Account
Jun 6, 2005
hey i was wondering if anyone could help me.....I installed an xecuter 2.6 ce and flashed it with evox .....everything works fine....but i cant download or save any games....I heard that I had to download a dashboard and then i had to upgrade my hard drive.....could anyone tell me what I should do? Thanks

uofuguy

Noob Account
Jun 6, 2005
hey i have installed a xecuter 2.6 on my xbox. I flashed it with evo x and everything worked fine. Now I dont know what to do next. I have heard that I need to download a dashboard and then upgrade my harddrive. Any help on what to do next would be appreciated..Thanks

xb0xfever

Noob Account
Feb 12, 2005
canada
www.arcadeconsole.com
Just installed 2 of these very quick and easy, but both are not working lol, I never had any problems with my x3 installs or the duos/x-b.i.t chips
the v1.6 frags so I think its the rebuild board so i am going to use wire.
And the 1.2 seems to work fine but seems like its not flashed, so I am going to re check the do.

Question I have is why does one have a orange lan light when nothing is connected and the other show nothing at all when nothing is connected. The solder Connections are rock solid...Dead Led?

xb0xfever

Noob Account
Feb 12, 2005
canada
www.arcadeconsole.com
ok so I just re-did the 1.6 using the wire install instead of the lpc rebuild board I hate so much :mad: and everything works fine.
I will redo the v1.2 in the morning.

The lan light is orange when the chip is on but the xbox is off. When the xbox is on, its not on unless its plugged in.

Last edited: