HITACHI 79 79 Hitachi Can't be reflashed?

lukeuhren69

Apr 23, 2010
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
Is there anyway to reflash these terrible/awful Hitachi drives if it was already previously flashed with an older version of the ixtreme firmware? I have one that works fine but needs to be updated for the newer games to the LT 3 and am having no luck. I am using latest firmware on USB Pro V1 and CKI3 to power it. This is the screenshots I get and I don't get anywhere when I send mode B.

Is there anything special to do for reflashing and getting back to stock on these Hitachis? I have never had luck with them and have flashed 20+ 360's, all other drives are a cake walk compared to these flakey drives.

Thanks

ppkpatrick

VIP Member
Dec 16, 2010
Ireland
Yes,you can return to stock,don't have much experience with the usbpro and hitachis but everything you need should be in the jungle flasher pdf.

Sent from THE FUTURE.

Last edited:

BL4K3Y

VIP Member
Jul 7, 2010
Colne, Lancashire (UK)
Why are you sending Mode B with JungleFlasher?

Power the drive with the tray open - that will set Mode B on a flashed drive (the tray will go back in - confirm Mode B with two presses to eject the tray).

Last edited:

Steel City Mods

VIP Member
May 30, 2012
USA
Hitachi 79s are so easy, ive never had any problems, even did a few with the power from the console.