8.5 GB disc too small for 8.13 GB game file?

stavrosg

Noob Account
Jul 7, 2004
OK so I'm making a back up of Madden 13 using ImgBurn with 8.5 GB Verbatim 8x DVD+R DL discs. The file size of the game is 8.13 GB which should fit neatly onto the 8.5 GB disc but when I start the burn process I get the following message

| There doesn't appear to be enough space on the disc to burn the image.
|
| Image Size: 4,267,015 Sectors (8,334 MB)
| Disc Size: 4,173,824 Sectors (8,152 MB)
|
| What would you like me to do?
|
| Write until end of image (Overburn)
| Write until end of disc (Truncate)

What's up with that? :p

dolt83

Oct 31, 2003
You need to use a Lite-On iHAS B flashed with Burner MAX firmware.

Truncating isn't recommended and will probably result in failed CIV checks on your console.

cRACKmONKEY421

Noob Account
Jul 11, 2004
California
You need to use a Lite-On iHAS B flashed with Burner MAX firmware.

Truncating isn't recommended and will probably result in failed CIV checks on your console.
I wondering: because all info I read everywhere is so god darn confusing for a noob; I have two drives, but the one i managed to get to extract image form original disk is an Hitachi GDR-3120L. I am usin a x360 USB Pro V2 on Windows 7 ultimate machine; followed all process with abg with all green and burned with image burn, matching the layer break of the disk, and selecting truncate because the same problem as OP; now after the image was burned suscesfully; I went to my Xbox and drop in the disk (Maxell DVD+R 8.5 it "read" and went back to dashboard; game did not started;
Now, for the xbox to read backup disk it has to be hacked too? with one of thos dashboards that bans you from xbox live?
The day I find all the answers in these forums I will be happy; because up till now I am still in the dark.
Reading is not helping here; so any help "especially" spelled out for me, would be appreciated !!!

sjdj408

Jul 14, 2004
listen am here to help you out,like he told you you will need an i has burner,has to be revision B only revisions B work at the moment,you have to flash it using burner max,this is the only way mate.

speedo11

Noob Account
Dec 21, 2003
I've just received an IHAS 424 Rev B. It was supposedly pre-flashed but when I went to burn a game I got the pop-up to trunctate or overwrite. So then I followed the tutorial and reflashed it again as a 624 with the Maxburn flash settings and I'm STILL getting asked to truncate or overburn.

Can someone please tell me what could possibly be the problem? Is it true that I need to flash Maxburn each time I load a blank disc? If so, do I reboot after?

RhoTrux64

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2004
If you get the truncate message, the drive isn't flashed correctly. The other option is to use the new BurnerMax Payload Tool which does not require flashing the drive.

Tapatalk 2 from my HTC Amaze 4G

Support Our Sponsors