83850c V2 No Detection

bilyan

Apr 1, 2011
I have a liteon 83850c v2. I also have the LT Switch Version 1( is printed on it) with the plastic clip.(Solderless Type). I hooked it up to my Via 6421 card. When I first hooked it up it detected fine. I proceeded to cut my traces(not the first drive I have done this way(First 83850 though)) I hooked up the LT switch, connected it to the PC powered it up and hit the test switch to make sure the traces were good. Got the green light. Proceeded to place the plastic clip on the drive adjusted it and tested it again to make sure that it was still green( it was). connected the second chip with the MRA/Normal Switch. I then hooked it up to the PC and opened jungle flasher. I turned everything on and hit the button to detect my drive. Now Its not showing anything at all on any one of my ports on my card(tried them both). I am at a loss here, what could be wrong. any help is appreciated. Thanks.

GhostFace606

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2011
TanonymousX
I have a liteon 83850c v2. I also have the LT Switch Version 1( is printed on it) with the plastic clip.(Solderless Type). I hooked it up to my Via 6421 card. When I first hooked it up it detected fine. I proceeded to cut my traces(not the first drive I have done this way(First 83850 though)) I hooked up the LT switch, connected it to the PC powered it up and hit the test switch to make sure the traces were good. Got the green light. Proceeded to place the plastic clip on the drive adjusted it and tested it again to make sure that it was still green( it was). connected the second chip with the MRA/Normal Switch. I then hooked it up to the PC and opened jungle flasher. I turned everything on and hit the button to detect my drive. Now Its not showing anything at all on any one of my ports on my card(tried them both). I am at a loss here, what could be wrong. any help is appreciated. Thanks.
TEAJUNKIE might get me on this but umm the ck3 probe 3 is cheaper than that lt clip,i would strongly suggest that you sometime in the near future buy one.I have used those team xecuter lt clips they work but for me eventually fail after time...due to becomeing loose.

bilyan

Apr 1, 2011
i will check this out when I get home from work today and post back to let you know. Thanks for the responses. Will look into buying the probe if I flash any more boxes.

bilyan

Apr 1, 2011
Before I could try the suggested advice my wife had taken my pen and repaired the traces. Should I redo them or try to detect drive first. Thanks again for any responses. Hoping I dont have to replace this box.

bilyan

Apr 1, 2011
After retrying it I still cant get the drive to detect. Is this drive burned or is there hope for it. Thanks again for the help.

musicmitch

Jul 16, 2010
Manchester U.K
Does the drive still eject? And the only way to really know the traces are good to be honest is to put a multi meter at each end of the trace to check their integrity..This should be done before you introduce it to jungle flasher and you know you can rule bad cuts/traces out..