9.2.0 Update SX OS 2.9.4

Sleep3r

Noob Account
Nov 22, 2018
So i recently updated with to 9.2.0 offline, Selected FAT32, but tried selecting exFAT and not sure if it worked.

Updated fine no issues but once i restarted it won't get past Nintendo logo.

Then now trying to boot again, i just get 2 flashes when starting up but no boot.

I have reformatted to FAT32 and tried same issue, Went back to exFAT and same issue.

Any ideas on how to fix?
So, i got it to boot up, at SX OS page, select custom FW.

I had my old license saved on PC i transferred it to SD. Getting same error again after nintendo screen it just goes black.

Last edited:

Sleep3r

Noob Account
Nov 22, 2018
So download the firmware again? and put into SD card? how would i do that in SX OS tho?

Sleep3r

Noob Account
Nov 22, 2018
My switch boots when its fully dead, But when i try to load after putting license in it goes to nintendo screen and just blacks out thats it.

No idea how to fix. So im assuming 9.2.0 and sx os 2.9.4 is broken?

Reactions: paulomanholetti

paulomanholetti

Noob Account
Apr 2, 2020
Brazil
I Have the exact same issue

I think because our SD cards were in EXFat, our Emunand broke after we updated the FW

My switch boots when its fully dead, But when i try to load after putting license in it goes to nintendo screen and just blacks out thats it.

No idea how to fix. So im assuming 9.2.0 and sx os 2.9.4 is broken?
What about your emunand and saves?
How did you managed to use it again on your formatted SD card?

slamride

Top Poster Of Month
Nov 28, 2018
I have been using nothing but exfat from the first update with it. I have no issues at all with homebrew or NSW files. The issue looks like you upgraded firmware before SXOS. SX 2.9.2 does not support 9.2 so will not boot . Always upgrade SXOS to newest version before upgrading firmware. New versions of SXOS work with old firmware. Firmware is SXOS version specific.
So download the firmware again? and put into SD card? how would i do that in SX OS tho?
Tutorials on this site https://team-xecuter.com/community/threads/how-to-update-firmware-offline-nintendo-switch-with-choidujournx.128170/

Last edited:

peenoyboi

Noob Account
Apr 3, 2020
Na
Hey guys new to all this. So far everything is good and new issues yet. Noob question. Where do i find what my current version emunand CFW is? Running SX OS 2.9.4. My OFW is 9.2