93450c mod gone wrong with blaster ck3

loriandrico

Noob Account
Aug 12, 2012
Hi,
Two years ago I purchased an XBOX360 with the intention of installing it in my recreation room. I didn't touch the thing for a year at which time I decided to devise a mod so that I could place the console in a small adjacent room.

The console is an arcade system with a 93450C DVD drive (now updated to a 02510C). One year ago I went ahead and tried to modify the the console so that I could 1) extend the range of the controllers and 2) play games that I own from two different regions.

I did the pertinent research and went ahead with the first modification. I found that the power control and radio receiver are integrated into one card on the front of the console. This card is attached to the motherboard via a USB-like connector whose pin layout I found online. I proceeded to unsolder the wires on the male connector, solder a 3-meter cable, and resolder the male connector at the end. I ended up with an "extended" card that I could place in the recreation room while keeping the console in the adjacent room.

I tested this first mod and it worked flawlessly so I proceeded with a firmware mod so that I could play my older games (bought in the US, just like the console) and my new games (bought in Europe, where I now reside). I opened up the xbox and found that I had a 93450C so I bought a ck3 blaster pro kit. I followed all the pertinent instructions with the result that my computer would not recognize the drive and ended up with an open-tray xbox that I didn't use in one whole year.

I am now trying to revive the console and have bought a probe III and an Xecuter X360USB PRO. I don't recall exactly the whole procedure with the blaster pro, but I obviously remember making the cuts on the pcb board so I reconnected those, tested for continuity and made sure everything was OK there. I have a lot of experience with electronics so I'm sure the cuts and subsequent solders were precise and are not to blame for any of this.

At this point, the console has updated firmware so the drive is now a 02510C. When I turn it on, the center led flashes green very quickly and then, just after one minute, all four surrounding led's turn solid red.

I don't recall exactly how but I remember I was confused (and still am) regarding whether the CK3 blaster pro is to be considered an Xecuter CK3 Pro. I obviously tried to implement the firmware mod once more via the X360USB PRO procedure but I do not have an Xecuter CK3 Pro.

My questions are:

1. Is my console beyond help based on the color code I get when I turn on the console?

2. Could I mod the console with the probe, x360 USB pro, and Blaster or do I need to purchase a CK3 Pro?

3. If a method of modification is still available at this point, what would be the steps to follow?

I have searched the forums but couldn't find any similar cases. Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Jay

Farouk123456

Loyal Member
Oct 14, 2011
Could I mod the console with the probe, x360 USB pro, and Blaster or do I need to purchase a CK3 Pro?
well you need something to power the drive with so you need a ck3 power kit, not necessarly pro
there is ck3mini, lite, pro, ck3i etc
but yes you do need it unless you intend on getting the power from the xbox which is not recommended

Reactions: loriandrico

loriandrico

Noob Account
Aug 12, 2012
Thanks for that reply. I get a fully functional dashboard every time I power the console if that's what you mean by AV line. The DVD drive might be disconnected since I haven't uninstalled the Blaster Pro. At this point, my question is, can I still flash the drive?

Thanks

---------- Post added at 07:13 ---------- Previous post was at 07:11 ----------

Thanks! So once I get a CK3 I can proceed normally as I would with the probe III and the USBPro?

360backupman

BANNED
Mar 16, 2011
If you can detect the drive, then you can flash it. I'd suggest uninstalling things first though and trying to boot from stock to see what happens to get a baseline first.

Thanks for that reply. I get a fully functional dashboard every time I power the console if that's what you mean by AV line. The DVD drive might be disconnected since I haven't uninstalled the Blaster Pro. At this point, my question is, can I still flash the drive?

Thanks

---------- Post added at 07:13 ---------- Previous post was at 07:11 ----------

Thanks! So once I get a CK3 I can proceed normally as I would with the probe III and the USBPro?
You always get the USB pro v2 and the ck 3 is built into the unit itself.

360backupman

BANNED
Mar 16, 2011
The alternative is that if you only are doing this one drive to send it to somebody and just have them do it for $10-$15. Otherwise it might be a bit of a waste to buy the USB Pro. Just a suggestion.

loriandrico

Noob Account
Aug 12, 2012
Hi,

I successfully got the key and flashed the drive. I installed CK3 Blaster afterwards but when I power up the console, I get an "open drive" message on the dashboard in spite of having a closed tray. The tray opens when I press "open" but nothing happens when I insert my original games. I also get two solid red lights after I power up the console and start the dashboard. Any suggestions?

J

loriandrico

Noob Account
Aug 12, 2012
Well, I got the issue with the tray fixed. My question is now why am I getting four solid orange lights on the front panel of my console after 5 minutes or so of gameplay? After one minute the four lights go red. Anybody seen anything like this before? I replaced my American PSU with a European one. ¿Could this be the cause or is it something related to the flashing procedure?

J