RGH2 Selected
Retail Selected
Version: 10
Flash Config: 0x00AA3020
00AA3020
Jasper 512MB
CB Version: 6754
Jasper 512MB Manually Selected
Reading Nand to E:\Stuff\Registered Software\Consoles\Xbox 360 New\JTAG NAND Stuff\J-Runner 0.1 Beta\output\nanddump1.bin
Reading Nand
Error: 250 reading block F40
Done!
in 13:26 min:sec

Reading Nand to E:\Stuff\Registered Software\Consoles\Xbox 360 New\JTAG NAND Stuff\J-Runner 0.1 Beta\output\nanddump2.bin
Initializing nanddump1.bin..
Jasper 512MB
Reading Nand
Jtag Selected
Nand Initialization Finished
Error: 250 reading block F40
Done!
in 13:19 min:sec

Comparing...Takes a while on big nands
Nands are the same

Image of Coolrunner:

IMG_0185.JPG

Images of close-up soldering to motherboard:

IMG_0186.JPG

Description of problem:

This was going to be a usual RGH2 install like ive done before. The console was booting fine, it hasnt been reflowed, reballed or anything, its a jasper after all.
I read my nand, booted to ecc, I used my ethernet connetion since I coundnt get anything on display but finally got my CPU key, created my XeBuild image and wrote it, I got the console to boot.
I cleaned the old thermal paste since I moved the heat sinks and didnt want to give this console heat problems, I replaced it with Arctic MX-4.

I installed the motherboard in its metal cage, put all the screws and "voila"! The CR wouldnt blink green!
I double checked my solderings but as usual I allways use a silicone heat gun so by accident I dont lift any pads or something (you can check the images)
I wrote back my original nand (which tooks forever since its a big nand)
And now the console shows 3RROD.
I chronoed it and it delays 6-7 seconds to show the RROD, the secondary code is 0022

I dont think I shorted anything out, I checked the capacitors and they are flat on the top. Any suggestions?

I took the pictures when I was about to remove the CR for a reflow on an Achi ir6000 but I dont want to touch this before some advice of the experts :)

Was the console working before you started: Yes

Do you get a green debug light appear on the RGH chip every 4-5 seconds: no

evolvergt

Mar 4, 2012
Guatemala
Go though this site. I will have to hunt down pics of the last few I did to give you reference pics. On early models, it's a square chip. Later models, it's 16 or 32 pins. http://xbox-experts.com/errorcodes.php
I have seen the xbox-experts error code list, thats what I use for xenons, opus and some others that need a reflow or reball...
The problem is that this is a jasper, I have never had to do a reflow or a reball on a jasper, never.
The 0022 RROD started after I installed the motherboard in the cage with screws on it... after that it didnt blink green on the coolrunner, I wrote original nand and bam, 0022...

The only time it could get broken is in the time I moved it back to the cage, the thing is that I did it slow and with patience, Its not my first RGH btw....

I think im facing a dead end here, I will have to replace the customers jasper and call it a loss...

evolvergt

Mar 4, 2012
Guatemala
There's no way RGH2 was ever booting like that. What did you have soldered when it was booting xell?
I had a coorunner rev C soldered when it booted to xell (and the nand-x wires).
Then I removed the nand-x wires and installed the motherboard in the cage
Proceeded to test the box in the cage so I could potentially refine my install so I could get a faster boot when...

The box stopped booting... (no green light on the coolrunner, even when it was perfectly soldered)
I resoldered the nand-x wires, reflashed original nand when I got the 0022 error.

I was going to remove everything to double check that my install wasnt the problem when I realized the console booted to rgh dash before I installed it on its cage, thats when I decided to post a new thread with my problem.

I had soldered the usual "nand-x install", I disconnected everything and removed all. I even use Chem-wik to leave a pro install:

IMG_0194.JPG

evolvergt

Mar 4, 2012
Guatemala
I have a paypal account, is it against te rules to offer $30 to the person who enlightens and eventually leads me to fix this console?
I dont want to buy another xbox :facepalm:

VIP Member
Nov 14, 2010
Russia
Anyway, even with wrong LDV and "blowed" CPU, debug LED should blink. If not, there are only 3 possibilities:
1) problem with CLK and point near HANA, result is no power button reaction
2) problem with coolrunner power, then stock image should work
3) problem with CPU_RST, result is 0022 (but you're sure that point is in perfect condition)
4) broken CPU

Reactions: evolvergt

evolvergt

Mar 4, 2012
Guatemala
How can I close this thread? I think no one wants to help or doesnt know how... well... I will save my $30 bucks offered and buy another xbox to replace this one...

We all loose... :frown:

stmem

VIP Member
Oct 15, 2013
How can I close this thread? I think no one wants to help or doesnt know how... well... I will save my $30 bucks offered and buy another xbox to replace this one...

We all loose... :frown:
Read the post above martins and then read his, his guess is a broken cpu, so most likely thats the case :/

plus he could be sleeping when you posted or out so couldnt reply to help ye yet

Last edited:
Reactions: evolvergt