About to Use bluetooth heeadphone with sx os

akaponxp

Noob Account
Nov 20, 2018
Hello everyone,as we know,Nintendo Switch can't use bluetooth headphone directly. So I just bought a type-c audio transmitter.Unfortunately i found it can't work correctly with sx os.On the other hand ,it perfectly worked with the Switch Oginal System.So i want to know if the sx os 's special change on USB driver make the error? If it is,will the Team xecuter fixed the problem sooner or later, THX!

gavin_darkglide

VIP Member
Dec 14, 2012
You cant use USB devices on the switch without the dock. There is no power output on the usb port, as it is wired to the battery charging IC.... Or this is my understanding of it. If you are saying it works on the stock firmware without the dock, I would then test and see if this is an issue that effects other CFW's like Atmosphere. If it works there as well, then yes the problem is probably with SXOS.

CainRoyce

Jan 8, 2019
China
It’s not about USB, we talk about a same issue, the Bluetooth receiver causes this Error, u can check my post, and atmosphere already fix this problem, plz draw your attention on it and update ASAP.
You cant use USB devices on the switch without the dock. There is no power output on the usb port, as it is wired to the battery charging IC.... Or this is my understanding of it. If you are saying it works on the stock firmware without the dock, I would then test and see if this is an issue that effects other CFW's like Atmosphere. If it works there as well, then yes the problem is probably with SXOS.
:cry:The Bluetooth receiver is type-C not USB, and when it work on SXOS and in playing games(NSP), it will cause Error code 2162-0002 and reset the Switch.

Last edited:

haminzhe

Noob Account
Jan 11, 2019
China
Get error code 2162-0002 when I use Bluetooth earphone on type-c。Atmosphere-NX is already supported.

gavin_darkglide

VIP Member
Dec 14, 2012
The Bluetooth receiver is type-C not USB, and when it work on SXOS and in playing games(NSP), it will cause Error code 2162-0002 and reset the Switch.
It is USB Type-C, which refers to the plug used. Type-C also allows for dock graphics, but that is handled by a passive mux chip, that sets the port to USB3 mode. When the switch detects the dock, it switches to USB/Graphics mode. The only thing I can think of is that it is getting its power from the power delivery system, which may allow power output as well, I havnt looked into the Power Delivery stuff, as I am still fighting with standard USB in linux on the switch.

imprezgc8

Bannnnnn-Kai!
Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Nov 26, 2007
The Cloud
What version of SX are you currently using?

imprezgc8

Bannnnnn-Kai!
Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Nov 26, 2007
The Cloud
If you try an older version does it work? Note if you are on 6.2 you can only go back to SX 2.4

akaponxp

Noob Account
Nov 20, 2018
As I said the audio transmitter worked perfectly On OFW...So, I think the problem is made by SX OS

imprezgc8

Bannnnnn-Kai!
Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Nov 26, 2007
The Cloud
As I said the audio transmitter worked perfectly On OFW...So, I think the problem is made by SX OS
That is why I am asking if it works on an older versions. If it does, then something changed and we can forward that to TX. If it never worked, then that would be a different issue all together. I don't have one to test myself or I would.

akaponxp

Noob Account
Nov 20, 2018
That is why I am asking if it works on an older versions. If it does, then something changed and we can forward that to TX. If it never worked, then that would be a different issue all together. I don't have one to test myself or I would.
The sx os ver2.4 has the same problem.My console is now 6.20 too,so I can't test on older CFW...

bbdam

Noob Account
Jul 14, 2019
Taiwan
It was working on version 2.6.0 without USB HDD support.
But having issues with all other versions, apparently is an USB issues...
Unfortunately seems not too many people using USB adapter so nobody cares :(

Velvet

Nov 9, 2018
My advise for people wanting to use BT connectivity and having current issues, is to be patient while other most important issues are addressed I'm pretty sure this one is on their list!