access to the data on switch memory

rrodger

Noob Account
Nov 20, 2019
england
Hello,
I would like to know how can I erase the data on my Switch's memory. I can't find how to see the internal memory's content. I tried to install some games on the Switch's memory but installation has failed, and when the SX OS asks to delete the installation data and I accept, it doesn't uninstall, which reduces the disk space and I cannot see the games on the installed games list.
I cannot reset the Switch because sh' has been banned and Nintendo won't authorize this operation.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Best regards

mickgrady

Sep 25, 2018
When you say you cannot reset the Switch is it because you have a linked account which Nintendo insists on unlinking before doing a factory reset? If so then you can bypass this by going into maintenance mode to do the reset. The way to do this is to first completely power off the console by holding the power button for around 15 seconds and selecting power off from the options. Then hold down the plus and minus volume button then push the power button. Let go of the power button but keep hold of the volume buttons until maintenance mode pops up. This has factory reset as one of its options and it does not require Nintendo to unlink the account. I did this successfully a while ago and I think this is the sequence I went through. Hopefully someone will correct me if I have got it wrong. Good luck.

Velvet

Nov 9, 2018
When you say you cannot reset the Switch is it because you have a linked account which Nintendo insists on unlinking before doing a factory reset? If so then you can bypass this by going into maintenance mode to do the reset. The way to do this is to first completely power off the console by holding the power button for around 15 seconds and selecting power off from the options. Then hold down the plus and minus volume button then push the power button. Let go of the power button but keep hold of the volume buttons until maintenance mode pops up. This has factory reset as one of its options and it does not require Nintendo to unlink the account. I did this successfully a while ago and I think this is the sequence I went through. Hopefully someone will correct me if I have got it wrong. Good luck.
Did you encounter any issue after factory resetting your console? Like having to do again the CFW process to run SX OS?

mickgrady

Sep 25, 2018
Did you encounter any issue after factory resetting your console? Like having to do again the CFW process to run SX OS?
When I did the reset it set it right back to new condition. I got it to my sd card and put the license files on it and reload all my games and everything worked fine. I remember the reason I did this was after updating to latest Nintendo firmware the system said my sd card had been used in another console and so needed reformatting. I don't know why this happened but everything is back to normal now.

Velvet

Nov 9, 2018
When I did the reset it set it right back to new condition. I got it to my sd card and put the license files on it and reload all my games and everything worked fine. I remember the reason I did this was after updating to latest Nintendo firmware the system said my sd card had been used in another console and so needed reformatting. I don't know why this happened but everything is back to normal now.
Very useful information, appreciate it.