Accidentally deleted Nintendo Folder

x2ruff4u

Noob Account
Oct 11, 2018
Had everything installed correctly and I deleted the Nintendo folder in my SD card and it won't boot up into CFW. Tried to fix it myself by reinstalling everything and I can't get even a NAND enable/disable option. Feel like I messed up really bad here somehow.

Can't find my NAND backup, but I can boot into original firmware fine. Installing everything is giving me mixed problems such as when I try to make a NAND I get erorr code = FFFFD6 something, but can backup fine.

Alchemy.Gaming

Staff member
Top TX Brass
Mar 11, 2019
US
Okay there are a few different things to address here:

1.) Deleting your Nintendo/Emutendo folder won't prevent you from booting. That is where your games go when installing to SD.

2.) The only reason emuNAND wouldn't be able to enable would be a missing or invalid license.dat. Either get your backup license file, or create a new one the same way you made the first.

3.) You likely do not have enough room for a new NAND backup, hence the error.

Don't go restoring your NAND for no reason. Backup any important data and try a fresh FAT32 format. If you want to play it safe you should backup your save data first with Checkpoint. Respond here after and let us know how it went :)

Reactions: x2ruff4u

x2ruff4u

Noob Account
Oct 11, 2018
Okay there are a few different things to address here:

1.) Deleting your Nintendo/Emutendo folder won't prevent you from booting. That is where your games go when installing to SD.

2.) The only reason emuNAND wouldn't be able to enable would be a missing or invalid license.dat. Either get your backup license file, or create a new one the same way you made the first.

3.) You likely do not have enough room for a new NAND backup, hence the error.

Don't go restoring your NAND for no reason. Backup any important data and try a fresh FAT32 format. If you want to play it safe you should backup your save data first with Checkpoint. Respond here after and let us know how it went
So I think where I messed up was the license dat wasn't working correctly for some reason. I'm coming from 5.X to 9.0.1 with a 2.0 sx os version so it might've messed up with a bug or something when this all happened after the delete. I haven't used my switch in a year+ so now I got it all working. I couldn't get my sd card to fat32 because of it's size and tried gui formatting as well. Still it works fine now and thanks again! I was going nuts